Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Not only that, but, the gloves weren't Carolina gloves. This gloves are from the early to mid 80s, far before the move.

That was what I was getting at. I believe those are Blackhawks gloves.

That was what I was getting at. I believe those are Blackhawks gloves.

Old Blackhawks gloves would be mostly black with red fingers/thumb, no?

did they not auction them off with a lot of the other WC gear?

I had read they were going to auction/sell those sticks off after the WC and the money would go to charity. The charity part I coudl be wrong about but I did read they were to be auctioned afterwards. Perhaps these are just extras?? I'm not a Rangers or Flyers fan but would love to have one.

Anyone know wherei can get the jawbone guard, not so fussed on the visor but the guard would be great use for me......Dont Judge Me for wanting it haha

Haha I would LOVE to wear that setup for Rec League. I actually have that visor somewhere. Was given to me but I've never used it.

I had read they were going to auction/sell those sticks off after the WC and the money would go to charity. The charity part I coudl be wrong about but I did read they were to be auctioned afterwards. Perhaps these are just extras?? I'm not a Rangers or Flyers fan but would love to have one.

Nope, they were made for stores in the area...I think they got them last week.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you have them backwards. The S19 shaft has always been a standard shaft and the SE16 has always been a tapered shaft.

I thought the S19 had the goofy elliptical taper toward the blade? Unless I'm mistaken, which I may be, the SE16 came in red or blue and accepts standard blades.

Haha I would LOVE to wear that setup for Rec League. I actually have that visor somewhere. Was given to me but I've never used it.

The pro team over here (Belfast Giants) have one, Theo Fleury just had some teeth replaced and he wore it for like a month then a few other players who took face shots over the years then wore it instead of a cage, fitted with their regualr visors

I thought the S19 had the goofy elliptical taper toward the blade? Unless I'm mistaken, which I may be, the SE16 came in red or blue and accepts standard blades.

you are mistaken. the SE16 shaft was a tapered (although not elliptical tapered) shaft that took tapered blades. the red was grip and the blue was non-grip. the S19 shaft however accepted standard blades. how's that for confusing? :)

Nope, they were made for stores in the area...I think they got them last week.

Ah, ok very cool.

Here is where I read they would be auctioned, but it also does say "The sticks will be signed after the game by the players that use them and will then be auctioned off with all proceeds going to charity." - https://www.bauer.com/blog/index.cfm/2011/12/29/Winter-Classic-Sticks

So that's where my mix-up came from.

you are mistaken. the SE16 shaft was a tapered (although not elliptical tapered) shaft that took tapered blades. the red was grip and the blue was non-grip. the S19 shaft however accepted standard blades. how's that for confusing? :)

This is why I'm thrown off by the S19/SE16 deal...

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58518-stick-identification/page__p__888550#entry888550

That's a previous thread I posted, and in the thread it was determined that an elliptical taper is a true S19.

This is why I'm thrown off by the S19/SE16 deal...

http://www.modsquadh...550#entry888550

That's a previous thread I posted, and in the thread it was determined that an elliptical taper is a true S19.

that's only for one piece sticks though. shafts (2 piece setups) are a whole different animal and tapered shafts have been around a lot longer than the S19 and S17 one piece sticks with the elliptical taper.