Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

$135 each? None of those sticks cost that much when they were new and they certainly aren't going to have any residual value at this point. They should have moved them about 3-5 years ago when people were still paying stupid prices on aluminum shafts from time to time.

$135 each? None of those sticks cost that much when they were new

But when they were new, they were for game use. These are museum quality collectibles with display holes drilled in the butt ends. I think the seller would have a heart attack if someone bought them to use them in a game.

I can't imagine there are two people with that kind of obsession, but I certainly could be wrong

I think the seller is hoping for a sucker. Nobody would overpay to display those shafts, not when they could just hunt around and pull together a bunch of cheapies from all of our basements, garages, and closets.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2570bc2901

Had to laugh at the line "An NHL team that would refer to remain nameless." I guess thats a good way to indicate that these arent actually NHL socks.

I've bought a few things from him. He gets stuff from a lot of hockey teams. Some suppliers want to remain nameless cause they don't want anyone to find out where they came from. I bought a Totalone that was made for Selanne but I wasn't supposed to tell where I got it from. Just so sources don't want to be bothered.

I've bought a few things from him. He gets stuff from a lot of hockey teams. Some suppliers want to remain nameless cause they don't want anyone to find out where they came from. I bought a Totalone that was made for Selanne but I wasn't supposed to tell where I got it from. Just so sources don't want to be bothered.

It's not an "NHL team who remains nameless," it's an AHL team - the socks he is selling come from the Texas Stars. It's socks, with colors. How mysterious could you be?

The fact that he's dealing in "secrecy" and telling people that to increase the allure of his product is ridiculous. Plenty of people would know if Selanne had TotalONE sticks - he's not someone who has a major endorsement deal.

Thom's a good guy, I've done many transactions from him before.

He actually finds it ridiculous himself, but did that at their request.

Authentic Game Worn Ottawa Senators Reebok 9K girdle shell hockey pants XL.

I guess the seller isn't an idiot necessarily; but if he finds someone to pay him $250 for a shell, then the buyer certainly will be.

Nothing rare about that shell and girdle, seems no one cares about any kind of hockey pants around here unless they are Warrior Hustlers

Thom's a good guy, I've done many transactions from him before.

He actually finds it ridiculous himself, but did that at their request.

I've dealt with Thom also. His prices are usually under market value by a good bit. He did say that the team he got them from didn't want him to say straight up where they are from..

Oh well.

Guy's in Texas, the socks are what the Texas Stars wear. The AHL team is owned by the NHL Stars. I deduced all that without knowing the seller. What are we missing here - what's the secret?

So we have 1 pair of federov's at size 9.5 and another pair size 11? hmmmm

I didn't get the impression either listing claimed Fedorov personally wore the skates, just alluding to them as a "Fedorov model" so to speak. It was quite handy of the second seller to copy and past Fedorovs wikipedia page into the listing though. :laugh:

I didn't get the impression either listing claimed Fedorov personally wore the skates, just alluding to them as a "Fedorov model" so to speak. It was quite handy of the second seller to copy and past Fedorovs wikipedia page into the listing though. :laugh:

Good eye, didn't think of that Doug

Sickest looking skates ever. I've never tried them on, but if they had a Vapor fit, I'd consider dropping a bid. Anyone else with me on this?