Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

It makes it even more worth it that the equipment manager signed a recrested jersey....

It was probably signed before Scumbag Steve here recrested and renumbered it. Kind of a shitty thing to do.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with that ebay listing. He stated in the description the story behind the jersey. Sure, it's not the biggest and brightest, but you should read carefully before you bid.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with that ebay listing. He stated in the description the story behind the jersey. Sure, it's not the biggest and brightest, but you should read carefully before you bid.

Except he has an item signed by the Penguins equipment manager that he then turned around and made into something else. He's selling a Sidney Crosby game-worn jersey. Yes, it was game-worn, and yes, it says Crosby 87 on it, but it's obviously misleading and he's trying to generate value by converting it to something else. If the intent is not to mislead, why change it at all?

Has anyone heard of these before? I've never seen a pair in my life.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400179504596&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=09228560508

Yeah, they were around in the early 2000s, a small group of pros used them and they were also available at retail.

I never quite understood why Oakley was trying to get into hockey, it just seemed so far afield for them. I guess they were trying to capitalize on the popularity of their visors.

It was originally 1Xcel - they had a bag as well (that was actually a very cool bag; every panel had a mesh liner behind it. The panels were collapsible, essentially making it an all-mesh bag. It was expensive.)

Mace gloves were pretty expensive as well.

I know this isn't eBay but found this when browsing my local Craigslist..

http://stlouis.craig...3192802037.html

Since when did Sakic have a Bauer pattern? :facepalm::laugh:

Since Bauer copied the Sakic and called it P92? A lot of guys still call curves by older names like Modano or Drury too, even if they come from a different manufacturer. It's actually pretty common with older guys using the names they've used for years.

Since Bauer copied the Sakic and called it P92? A lot of guys still call curves by older names like Modano or Drury too, even if they come from a different manufacturer. It's actually pretty common with older guys using the names they've used for years.

I wish stick manufacturers would just stick with a curve number such as P92 or P3 for a Sakic curve. To me keeping track of which player's name corresponds with P92 or P3 takes too much effort.

You'll see a lot of that in this thread if you go back a little while. Odds are you will see the left one come up in a couple months. Easy way to get more $$ out of a pair of gloves. That said I suppose there is a chance maybe he only has one glove.