Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

^I think they are pro stock, or custom at least.

Unless they specify the player, I just assume it's a normal custom order. Even then, it's still usually not a real pro stock anymore.

Did it already and ebay did nothing as usual.

If they got rid of every fraudulent listing, their site would be a lot less active.

I registered just to respond to this post. I just bought these gloves. I assumed they weren't really pro stock gloves seeing as there was no name on the cuff and the palms looked retail. I bought them because it's impossible to find them in Australia and no one else would ship them.

I'm thrilled I've found the gloves I've been looking for. But I am so dissapointed this person felt they had to lie to sell gloves, especially since I only paid something like $160 inc postage.

Saw a pair of jofa slash guards go for $172 last night. The same ones that went for $8 a few years ago. I'd link if I could but I'm using my phone at the minute, no PC.

Saw a pair of jofa slash guards go for $172 last night. The same ones that went for $8 a few years ago. I'd link if I could but I'm using my phone at the minute, no PC.

those are antiques, apparently...

The link is a few posts up in this thread, it's pretty amazing. When a bidder willingly bids up to a price like that you can probably consider those slash guards a fashion accessory rather than protective equipment.

The link is a few posts up in this thread, it's pretty amazing. When a bidder willingly bids up to a price like that you can probably consider those slash guards a fashion accessory rather than protective equipment.

Sorry, didn't see the link, my bad. Whilst I used Jofa elbows and the wristband type slashguard, I could never justify the price paid for what is, in essence, 2 strips of plastic, foam, Velcro and elastic.

My thought, exactly! There's going to be one fashionable guy (or girl?) on the ice somewhere next week.

My thought, exactly! There's going to be one fashionable guy (or girl?) on the ice somewhere next week.

Or it could be a case of shill bidding. We'll see if the listing stays up till the auction ends.

At that point, why not just spend the same money on a pair of Jofa/RBK elbows with the extended wrists? Arguably a better executed solution to the wrist coverage issue.

Bauer (or any one of the other skate manufacturers) do not drop-ship "direct from the factory."

He is referencing to the skates coming from Asia (as he mentions the 13 hour time difference.) Not to mention it's below dealer cost.

Once again - if it is too good to be true...it usually is.