Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

that seller used to have decent prices, i bought a few shells form him. but recently his prices are up the roof, he probably paid 20$ for that shell.

He prices his stuff super high so when you make an offer 40% less than he's asking, you think you ''won'' on the deal. In reality he still wins big. Not directing this towards you, just in general.

Buyer beware I guess. Half his items he sells are stuff he bought cheap on ebay or other stores. Or just straight up lies about the validity of stuff of his stuff. Loved his ''$250'' SMU 4-rolls that he bought from PureHockey for $110 then puts RETRO KINGS 3RD in the title.

defining that as ugly is an understatement.

Of course cooperalls are ugly, that's the point :P I'd wear them to pickup, never to a league game.

He prices his stuff super high so when you make an offer 40% less than he's asking, you think you ''won'' on the deal. In reality he still wins big. Not directing this towards you, just in general.

Buyer beware I guess. Half his items he sells are stuff he bought cheap on ebay or other stores. Or just straight up lies about the validity of stuff of his stuff. Loved his ''$250'' SMU 4-rolls that he bought from PureHockey for $110 then puts RETRO KINGS 3RD in the title.

He had a Michigan Wolverines helmet a few weeks ago which piqued my interest even though I strongly dislike Michigan. When I looked very, VERY closely at the picture, it looked as though the yellow paint on the helmet was just tape, and not done very well. Not sure how it worked out for the buyer and hopefully I am wrong, but between the tape job and his super-high prices I've steered clear.

He had a Michigan Wolverines helmet a few weeks ago which piqued my interest even though I strongly dislike Michigan. When I looked very, VERY closely at the picture, it looked as though the yellow paint on the helmet was just tape, and not done very well. Not sure how it worked out for the buyer and hopefully I am wrong, but between the tape job and his super-high prices I've steered clear.

The wings and stripes on Michigan hockey game helmets are all taped on.

Such a shame he's a douche, some of the stuff he's selling is pretty awesome.

I've bought from him and he wasn't a douche to me. used the "make an offer" option on an auction for a rare color practice jersey and he accepted it. it was much, much less than his posted starting price. did he pay that much for the jersey? of course not but he's not my buddy "hooking me up", he's running a business.

I've bought from him and he wasn't a douche to me. used the "make an offer" option on an auction for a rare color practice jersey and he accepted it. it was much, much less than his posted starting price. did he pay that much for the jersey? of course not but he's not my buddy "hooking me up", he's running a business.

By douche I meant the ridiculous asking price for stuff.

Such a shame he's a douche, some of the stuff he's selling is pretty awesome.

I don't want to veer too much off topic here, but he's actually not a bad guy. I've met him in person, did some business with him, & talk shopped about gear and about his approach to selling. He's really just taking advantage of a market thats willing to pony up a good amount of money for pro gear.

eBay is his business, make an him an offer, he'll work with you like shoeshine said.