Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Not sure if the cuff extension even matches since the label says 10k. Based on the backrolls they are 9k's.

No team or NHL logo, so it isn't a pro stock pant.

Easton made one pair of retro pants per team for an equipment show, and this is one of them. There was a pair of retro kings floating around as well.

Ive heard this from multiple sources, so I'm assuming its true, though I have no proof.

^ is that seller insane or thinks that everyone else is?

We caught him a few times representing items as something they are not, his prices are up the roof for most of his items, but this is just beyond any logic to me and he just looks like a fool by doing this. + they were never worn so i just dont get this (even if they were worn and in good condition they would not sell for anything near this i think)

But...the Devils' retro pant is green.

Are these sources legit ones? Multiple people could be spreading the same untruth.

NOT TO MENTION the Devils are particular with maker's mark placement on their pant, and they did with these as well.

Warning - large pic: http://d36tylzqkflm47.cloudfront.net//media/news/8fb1dc8187ba49d090d837178a175b05-04329b269b404b209b84748ab1f0fbf7-1.jpg

Easton made one pair of retro pants per team for an equipment show, and this is one of them. There was a pair of retro kings floating around as well.

Ive heard this from multiple sources, so I'm assuming its true, though I have no proof.

Thats interesting. The topic came up on s2k, though I can't find the posts on it. If I find them i'll be sure to post them.

And I'm not sure if they're legit, as I forget who was saying it.

I know the seller of the pants replied and brought up that thought, and though he gets a bad-rap in this thread, he is actually quite honest and very knowledgeable.

Thats interesting. The topic came up on s2k, though I can't find the posts on it. If I find them i'll be sure to post them.

And I'm not sure if they're legit, as I forget who was saying it.

Nah, that's ok. Don't need bad info coming here.

Amazing. I like how he describes the condition as New with Defects. Pretty sure "being destroyed" falls outside the realm of "defect".

Amazing. I like how he describes the condition as New with Defects. Pretty sure "being destroyed" falls outside the realm of "defect".

Depends on what the listing options are, since they do technically appear to be new :P

Though honestly, those look like they've just had all the seams undone... fairly easy repair for somebody who repalms gloves, I would think?

EDIT: Not that that excuses the reedonkulous price. They appear to have been relisted in an auction without BIN: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-REEBOK-SIDNEY-CROSBY-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-NHL-PRO-STOCK-RETURN-HOCKEY-GLOVES-/121066161503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c301b055f

EDITx2: Nevermind, looks like they're missing parts of the glove. Not able to be put back together.

there different than the gloves crosby wears in the picture the gold stripes are in the wrong spot.

and the plot thickens... Actually, someone who cares could easily have this listing blocked/banned and removed for misrepresentation. I've seen listings removed for a lesser reason or no reason at all. he would not even be able to put Crosby's name in his listing without providing proof.

Yeah, the gloves don't match the ones in the pic in the listing but Crosby has worn that style gloves in the past.

03-16-12_crosby-injured_original.jpg

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if they were made for him and for some reason or another he rejected them. They're certainly not retail and I can't imagine who else would have the ability to come up with something like that.

I just wonder what exactly can/will the winner of these gloves do with them. It's like buying a totaled Aston Martin with the front clip missing expecting to show it off to your friends.