Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Not sure if idiot or not, but this guy is selling a pro stock stick and claims that it came reinforced and was never broken, the pro player requested that, I dont buy that claim because I have never seen such a thing, but is

such a thing possible? I mean I dont see why the player would request that, Itll feel and shoot different.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-hockey-Gants-Eagle-14-Neuf-Pro-Stock-Bauer-Total-One-LH-ProStock-W0QQAdIdZ486967627

30vg95v.jpg

Those are clearly two blades epoxied together. Its a scam

Not sure if idiot or not, but this guy is selling a pro stock stick and claims that it came reinforced and was never broken, the pro player requested that, I dont buy that claim because I have never seen such a thing, but is such a thing possible? I mean I dont see why the player would request that, Itll feel and shoot different.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-hockey-Gants-Eagle-14-Neuf-Pro-Stock-Bauer-Total-One-LH-ProStock-W0QQAdIdZ486967627

This guy is a member on another site. Here's his description from the ad:

"The stick is in pretty good condition, but the blade as been reinforced with carbon fiber so it makes the stick a little more blade heavy but THE BLADE AS NERVER BEEN BROKE PREVIOULSY. Got the stick as a gift from a QMJHL player and he asked is EQM to reinforced the blade of all of his sticks."

For the record: I don't know French so it may be the same text as in the kijiji ad.

That looks like steamed crap, but the only thing I can think of that was reinforcement done to a OPS was MacInnis getting aluminum or something put into his sticks.

why do they run 220 online for retail?

Just like anything brand new it runs at a premium price. The non retail market is kind of flooded with franchises which drives the price down. Simple supply and demand.

I just got a pair of retail franchises in a discontinued total hockey se in mint condition fir $75 and besides being used a handful of times are the same quality as a new $220 set. If the seller is in good standing on ebay I'd say there's nothing fishy there.

Not sure if this counts as an "eBay idiot," but this is a pet peeve of mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Jofa-20K-Pro-Elbow-Pads-Senior-Medium-/161029122532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257e1569e4

* I know that Reebok bought Jofa, and for the first couple of years, the heralded elbow pads were pretty much identical and just rebranded. However, the 20Ks and related present models are NOT Jofas!! Maybe the cap is the same, but the molds are different enough that writing "Jofa" in the item description is just wrong.

I don't see that big of a deal. Its just to get more hits

Doing things just to get hits is the issue. Just like all of the EASTON NIKE BAUER JOFA REEBOK CCM PRO STOCK headlines that somehow have none of those things in the sale

I know. But unless you're new to ebay and unaware, this has been going on for many years, and i doubt its going to change.

That ad is really 'light' and not that bad compared to the rest out there.

Doing things just to get hits is the issue. Just like all of the EASTON NIKE BAUER JOFA REEBOK CCM PRO STOCK headlines that somehow have none of those things in the sale

Exactly, if I want Easton gloves then why should I have to sort through Nike Bauer Pro Stock sticks? I guess it is small in comparison to outright fraud and thievery, still just an irritant. I have sold stuff on eBay too, and never did I try to sell a Halo 2 Video game as "SUPER MARIO BROS BROTHERS 2 NINTENDO SEGA GENESIS NINTENDO PLAYSTATION XBOX HALO 2 BEST GAME EVER OF ALL TIME." As I always tell people who act in amazement at the various phenomena of pestilence, "Welcome to Earth."

While I'd like to contest and state that I'd buy these if they were a 10.5 (because they were the best skates I've ever had), alas, steel would be nice....