Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Not really an idiot, but some guy has TWO Itech Titanium masks for 80 bucks (30 more than 11k) on eBay right now. I just bought my 11k or I would steal this up.

Have at it (this is not me or I would sell for much higher):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Itech-RBE-VIII-TI-Titanium-Hockey-Cage-Face-Mask-for-Helmet-Medium-M-/200936599006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec8c12dde

technically, yes they can. not every pro wears specially made-just-for-pros equipment. plenty of NHL players wearing retail pads. if the seller gets them from an NHL team (and this seller does that a lot) they're still pro stock. something like this though isn't worth any more that regular retail. though.

technically, yes they can. not every pro wears specially made-just-for-pros equipment. plenty of NHL players wearing retail pads. if the seller gets them from an NHL team (and this seller does that a lot) they're still pro stock. something like this though isn't worth any more that regular retail. though.

Second that. My shop had a run on Franklin gear when they got out of ice gear because a few Admirals loved the elbows and shoulders.

Im new to ebay, and was wondering if its normal for nhl players to use 13" gloves. Ive seen listings on ebay claiming to be pro stock, but I find it hard to believe that NHL players could use such a small glove. Or is it just personal preference to use smaller gloves?

Guys in the NHL use what fits their body or their personal preferences. Junior sized skates, 13" gloves, and whip sticks can be found in NHL locker rooms.

Im new to ebay, and was wondering if its normal for nhl players to use 13" gloves. Ive seen listings on ebay claiming to be pro stock, but I find it hard to believe that NHL players could use such a small glove. Or is it just personal preference to use smaller gloves?

some players like short cuffs for extra mobility. I have several player gloves that are 13: Kovalchuk, Letang, Versteeg, MacKenzie, Madden, Savard, Sedin, Nagy, Dupuis, Enstrom and Rivet.

the most shocking to me is Dustin Penner. can't believe a big guy like him wears such small gloves.

it works out quite well for some of us. :)

Ditto. Depending on the glove, 12" will often work for me. Not necessarily Pro Stock, but I can still find some nice gloves cheap. Picked up a pair of Navy XXXX for 35 shipped today.

Well I'd be very happy if I could find black and orange 14" gloves. (Color scheme like the anaheim ducks) preferably reebok or easton (4-rolls)

If you are looking for retail gloves in that colorway, Bauer Nexus 1000 and 800 and the 4 roll pros on close out come stock in that black/orange colorway.

Not sure if you are opposed to Bauer but that's out there.

If you are looking for retail gloves in that colorway, Bauer Nexus 1000 and 800 and the 4 roll pros on close out come stock in that black/orange colorway.

Not sure if you are opposed to Bauer but that's out there.

Yeah, I've already seen those, I was just looking for rbk/easton if possible. Thanks though.

I'm talking shipping combined. I highly doubt the shipping costed nearly $50. But still they retailed for around $40, but this is arguably the most popular mask in the most popular size. So I could see maybe 50, 60 tops, but 112! Absurd that someone paid that considering they couldve bid on it for like 45. Just my two cents.

that's idiot to the buyer unless they say later that they didn't notice the shipping charge. unless the seller is including bricks in the package Priority Mail shipping for that cage should be about $9.

People make a lot of money on shipping on ebay sometimes, if they catch the right fish, even here a member once quoted me 30-35$ to ship a visor when clearly it shouldn't have been more than 10$. You gotta watch out with screw ups like that.

Sometimes, too, if you list one item on eBay that is heavy and costs a lot to ship, when you go back to list something else, the shipping calculator retains the info from the previous item.

If you neglect to change it, this kind of thing happens. I've done it myself. Obviously there's no way to tell for sure if a seller is scheming or not. I don't hesitate to send a message saying something to the effect of, "Hey, the shipping seems pretty steep. Is that an accident?" - Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it's an obvious fabrication.