Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djerome24

P88 vs p92

I started that transition a couple of months ago.

Wrist shots will have a lot more loft. You'll have to probably make an adjustment on backhanders too.

Controlling your passing will take an adjustment. Receiving passes will be a little trickier.

I've found the P92 is more of a benefit to shooting more than anything else vs the P88.

Agreed with the loft-aspect. I just changed from a P88 to P92 (all they had left, and have been meaning to try one). Found dishing saucer passes easier, but I have to consciously think about my shots a little more, which is tricky in a pressure situation. Overall it's not a massive transition though, and most things are not extremely dissimilar.

Bumping an old thread I just purchased a new stick with a P92 Lie6 curve.  I have been using the P88 forever.  I usually cut 2.5 inches off my P88 sticks.  Should I leave the P92 longer? Cut it the same? Cut it shorter? I know with the rockers they play slightly different.  Looking for advice.

I recently tried a P92..whilst going through a "try another different blade phase". I would say shooting with a p92 feels a bit easier..but i felt the blade itself was a bit longer then the P88. 

I felt even though the P92 and P88 are listed as the same lie, the P88 does play a bit lower. However my p88 and p92 are both the same length.

I ended up back with my P88 because i felt more comfortable with passing and stick handling with it. For me, the P92 was a good blade but, i felt my passing, backhands and stickhandling were much crisper. 

@sss1987 I appreciate the feed back.  I have been using the P88 for about 17 years or so, and I just wanted to try a P92 for no other reason then to just try it.  

When you cut your sticks did you cut them to be the same height?

I literally tried the P92 for the same reason tbh..because generally in England, the shops will carry P92/other sakic clones, but P88s are generally an order in. 

Both my P88 and P92 are cut at the same height. Funnily enough, i cut the P92 down after a couple of sessions with it, until i found the height at which i was happy with. I was pleasantly surprised that when i compared it to the P88, that they were both the same height. 

8 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

@sss1987 I appreciate the feed back.  I have been using the P88 for about 17 years or so, and I just wanted to try a P92 for no other reason then to just try it.  

When you cut your sticks did you cut them to be the same height?