Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

I see a lot of the online stores have pre-orders up for other sticks coming out in september, are you guys going to get into the pre-order stuff or is it going to be a "its there when it's there" thing.

I think that is a question more for the dealers than the manufacturers.

Yes. Dealers will post up pre-sale within a pre-determined time from our sales group.

would it be difficult to offer a boatload of curve options on the customizer including old favorites? i remember seeing all the warrior blade patterns laying a round and i honestly dont know how the blade is formed but it would be interesting how many of the ones people miss are still around and can easily be made available on the customizer.

It would add tooling cost to our program to add in new patterns. We don't move custom retail in quantities (like regular retail production) that would allow for large tooling investment at this time.

I figured it was something like that with the curves, and it makes sense. Last time I saw a stick blade being made it was very long ago and it was a very simple mold process. I assume now with all that goes into it there is much more work and it not just the matter of making a new mold. I'm a w88 curve guy and I'm glad bc it's a real easy curve to get and most companies make their own copy of it.

With the pre-order stuff I'll keep an eye out.

Stupid question but did they change the flex point to add some flex in the top hand? I've seen two graphics that say two different things.

I noticed they won Stick of the Year so now I have to look into it.

Very intrigued by the DT4LT, would love to try a Kreps curve without spending a fortune. Any idea on the weight of the stick? Below 500 grams? In the past I've found the $99 price point sticks from most brands to be a bit heavy for me, but it sounds like you guys are really focusing on weight reduction for this price point.

If I use a 75 flex dt1 should I stick with the same for the dt1lt? Just asking with it being 60" vs 63"

Didn't know if that will make a big difference.

I believe the Pavelski pattern is the same with a rounded toe

It's similar, but not the same. It's a little shorter, and a little shallower. I have a DT2 with the Wisniewski (same as Pavelski) and it's been acceptable, but i miss the length (what she said) and the toe. Nitpicking, maybe.. but I'd prefer the Lidstrom.

Very clever move on Warrior's part to name (technically) the second-from-the-top product in parallel with the top-end product. More interest and attention by nomenclature alone. Too many people disregard the products below top end (especially skates) just because of how they perceive it.

Just looked at the cataloge and realized the W08 Kovalchuk pattern is only avaiable on the DT1LT/ST. I currently use the Kovalchuk pattern and love it on my DT4. For the level I play at the DT1 is just too much so I'm going to have to switch to another pattern which probably be the Zetterburg.

Hoping for a little stick buying assistance. I like my sticks cut to 54 inches and to be at about 78 flex when cut. Which stick should I purchase, the 75 flex senior?

nah if i was you i would just get an intermediate, might be a little more whippy than you like, but if you like them cut down that short i think it would make up for it.

warriors intermediate sticks are 60inches, or atleast advertised that way, so you would already be cutting that down 6 inches.

I am almost sure that Keith said that the flex is not affected by the longer stick by 6 inh or something like that?

I am almost sure that Keith said that the flex is not affected by the longer stick by 6 inh or something like that?

from the first page of this thread..

"Yes..

The zone doesn't change since the flex measurement zone is a 42" span in the middle of the shaft."

Hoping for a little stick buying assistance. I like my sticks cut to 54 inches and to be at about 78 flex when cut. Which stick should I purchase, the 75 flex senior?

based on what Keith said in earlier posts, sounds like you would want the 75 flex senior. its 60", but from what I gather flex isn't affected when you cut down the first 5-6" of the stick. Check out the beginning of this thread for his answers

Stupid question but did they change the flex point to add some flex in the top hand? I've seen two graphics that say two different things.

I noticed they won Stick of the Year so now I have to look into it.

No change on the DT1LT.

The DT1ST reacts differently since it has more low end torque resistance, similar to DT2 last year, but using a DT1 internal composites package (read- lighter)

Very intrigued by the DT4LT, would love to try a Kreps curve without spending a fortune. Any idea on the weight of the stick? Below 500 grams? In the past I've found the $99 price point sticks from most brands to be a bit heavy for me, but it sounds like you guys are really focusing on weight reduction for this price point.

Weight varies by pattern. But it has been improved immensely improved over past $99 offerings since we removed weight in key zones (namely blade/taper area). This makes this stick feel amazing and swing weight is very light. Some that have tested it say it feels like high end / pro sticks from years back.

If I use a 75 flex dt1 should I stick with the same for the dt1lt? Just asking with it being 60" vs 63"

Didn't know if that will make a big difference.

Yes. The flex will not be affected since it is within the cut zone.

Very clever move on Warrior's part to name (technically) the second-from-the-top product in parallel with the top-end product. More interest and attention by nomenclature alone. Too many people disregard the products below top end (especially skates) just because of how they perceive it.

Thanks for noticing. DT2 got a raw deal last year. The added improvements to torque resistance, accuracy, and power transfer were lost on dealer/buyers and consumers who were hung up on price. Now, by using the same weight as DT1 and adding these strength features (by way of construction, HiFused vs True1LT) we are giving more to the consumer by way of choice depending on their shooting strength or style.

Make it more about the features and less about the price.

on a lot of the preorders im seeing there seems to be a lack of curves for the DT1LT (mostly for the clear) as well as some shops only having 85 flex listed. is this due to the stores ordering or is it more due to warrior concentrating on what the consumers usually go for first? for example i havnt looked in a while but i cant find a RH w88 zetter 85 flex in non grip anywhere.

on a lot of the preorders im seeing there seems to be a lack of curves for the DT1LT (mostly for the clear) as well as some shops only having 85 flex listed. is this due to the stores ordering or is it more due to warrior concentrating on what the consumers usually go for first? for example i havnt looked in a while but i cant find a RH w88 zetter 85 flex in non grip anywhere.

I've seen only 85 RH w88 in grip as well. I checked hockey monkey and only found 85 flex Henrique and Kovalchuk curve for non grip. I know that Warrior mentioned a while ago that grip out sells non-grip a while back so it might be because of the popular choice by players.

I've seen only 85 RH w88 in grip as well. I checked hockey monkey and only found 85 flex Henrique and Kovalchuk curve for non grip. I know that Warrior mentioned a while ago that grip out sells non-grip a while back so it might be because of the popular choice by players.

im thinking this as well. i never have been "in on a launch" of a stick like this where i really pay attention to it so i wasnt sure if its common to launch with less options and in the following weeks roll out the rest of the line.

I've never had a Warrior stick, but I am planning on picking up a DT3LT when they are released based on the price point & the features (I decided to upgrade from the DT4LT, which is what I was initially looking at). I'm hoping I like it as much or more than my Warrior Franchise Elbows from a couple years back as those are great.

I can't speak to what the each dealer is ordering for their stock, but I can speak to what we offer...here's the list.

DT1LT Clear:

Flex - 100 and 85

Curves - W01, W03, W08, W88, W14

We offer the most popular curves, including Kovalchuk (for now :wink: )

I've never had a Warrior stick, but I am planning on picking up a DT3LT when they are released based on the price point & the features (I decided to upgrade from the DT4LT, which is what I was initially looking at). I'm hoping I like it as much or more than my Warrior Franchise Elbows from a couple years back as those are great.

This is very nice to hear LoneStar77. I'm glad the info on this thread is helping you understand the value of the DT3LT. As I said before...it has many of the features the $259 sticks have, just for a lower price ($149). Thanks for the feedback.