Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

This is very nice to hear LoneStar77. I'm glad the info on this thread is helping you understand the value of the DT3LT. As I said before...it has many of the features the $259 sticks have, just for a lower price ($149). Thanks for the feedback.

This is a time, I am thankfully I found this community & that I use a common curve (W3) & a common flex (85).

Keith,

earlier in this thread you said

"In an effort to avoid Lie marking confusion in the market, our sticks will no longer list our lie on the sticks. As everyone here knows, our lies are measured differently and our numbers reflect that...but the blades are the same. We felt this (to those who didn't know our measurement method was different) was hindering sales."

can you elaborate on how warrior lies are different from other brands'?

Thanks

Keith,

earlier in this thread you said

"In an effort to avoid Lie marking confusion in the market, our sticks will no longer list our lie on the sticks. As everyone here knows, our lies are measured differently and our numbers reflect that...but the blades are the same. We felt this (to those who didn't know our measurement method was different) was hindering sales."

can you elaborate on how warrior lies are different from other brands'?

Thanks

It's not that the lies are different, only that the method of measurement and marking (number) are different. When the blades are side by side, they are the same.

It's not that the lies are different, only that the method of measurement and marking (number) are different. When the blades are side by side, they are the same.

Thank you!!

...because I'm craving one so bad an may be waiting at my hockey shop for it to open on launch day then come here to tell you all about it and if I got one it would be redundant and maybe this is a little but of a run on but I really am really excited...::pants for breath after spewing that all out::...

THIS GUY IS EXCITED!

Well as it turns out karma has bitten me in the ass. Our hockey team has to go to a new rink that can accompany our teams time schedule, and this rink doesnt allow half shields. Needing to drop money on a cage just to play, as well as higher dues at the new place has sucked the "fun fund" dry for now. Kind of makes me wish i didnt sell off my DT1 already thinking i would be getting a DT1LT so fast.

Well as it turns out karma has bitten me in the ass. Our hockey team has to go to a new rink that can accompany our teams time schedule, and this rink doesnt allow half shields. Needing to drop money on a cage just to play, as well as higher dues at the new place has sucked the "fun fund" dry for now. Kind of makes me wish i didnt sell off my DT1 already thinking i would be getting a DT1LT so fast.

There would be a small riot if this happened in Canada. Mandatory cages? It's not Atom hockey...

Tell me about it. I am not happy and as a 24 year old adult I think I should have the choice. I'm going to try saying I'll sign a voucher, show I have my own insurance, find out why they don't allow it. Anyway not to derail this thread anymore this is the cage thread that explains things more. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64333-forced-back-to-a-cage/

If you have any suggestions please put it there.

On the bright side that dt3lt looks like a real good option if I need a new stick before I can put in the overtime at work to purchase the top dog, probably around holiday time. Looking at it now, there really are a lot of the dt1lt features that trickle down.

Tell me about it. I am not happy and as a 24 year old adult I think I should have the choice. I'm going to try saying I'll sign a voucher, show I have my own insurance, find out why they don't allow it. Anyway not to derail this thread anymore this is the cage thread that explains things more. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64333-forced-back-to-a-cage/

If you have any suggestions please put it there.

On the bright side that dt3lt looks like a real good option if I need a new stick before I can put in the overtime at work to purchase the top dog, probably around holiday time. Looking at it now, there really are a lot of the dt1lt features that trickle down.

SD

During my interview with HockeyNews yesterday about the new line, the writer was especially amazed at how the features on the DT3LT match the DT1LT. He asked me how there is over $100 in price and I explained to him that we don't use the same raw materials (read-regular Carbon fibre and not USA-made Aerospace-grade Carbon) and that the stick is mass produced in Asia and not on our pro line in Mexico...that's the only difference. So DT3LT is still a great option for you.

Yeah it really is. I'm hoping to get in the OT at work early so I can go straight the the 1 but if something happens and I need a stick earlier the 3 not only seems like a viable option, but a really legitimate stick. It looks like you guys were out to impress with that one.(as well as the rest of the line of course)

Also the hockey news? That magazine I've recently started stealing from my boss? Great articles in there if I must say so. I forgot what they call it but I do like how they do their product review/ads, I think for July they did skates and had a Q&A with reps from Bauer, Reebok, Easton etc to help explain their skates in their own words.

Yeah it really is. I'm hoping to get in the OT at work early so I can go straight the the 1 but if something happens and I need a stick earlier the 3 not only seems like a viable option, but a really legitimate stick. It looks like you guys were out to impress with that one.(as well as the rest of the line of course)

Also the hockey news? That magazine I've recently started stealing from my boss? Great articles in there if I must say so. I forgot what they call it but I do like how they do their product review/ads, I think for July they did skates and had a Q&A with reps from Bauer, Reebok, Easton etc to help explain their skates in their own words.

Yes, I was interviewed for the upcoming Stick Buyer's guide. I believe it comes out in September. It should be a great article and get some great exposure for the Covert Series.

Yes, I was interviewed for the upcoming Stick Buyer's guide. I believe it comes out in September. It should be a great article and get some great exposure for the Covert Series.

Sounds sweet. I'll keep an eye on the bosses desk for the september issue.

I'm not sure when you came aboard warrior keith, but I must say I think warrior has found it's niche this past few years with getting it's word out via "social media." Unlike some other brands the Twitter and instagram you guys run doesnt seem gimicky and more on point. And like another said you guys realize how fast info spreads and instead of trying to cover little leaks you guys embraces and say "yep that's it!" a magazine seems kind of old fashion for you guys but I do like the take the mag takes on it.

Btw are those hockey girl calenders you have on the instagram going to be available as well?

Sounds sweet. I'll keep an eye on the bosses desk for the september issue.

I'm not sure when you came aboard warrior keith, but I must say I think warrior has found it's niche this past few years with getting it's word out via "social media." Unlike some other brands the Twitter and instagram you guys run doesnt seem gimicky and more on point. And like another said you guys realize how fast info spreads and instead of trying to cover little leaks you guys embraces and say "yep that's it!" a magazine seems kind of old fashion for you guys but I do like the take the mag takes on it.

Btw are those hockey girl calenders you have on the instagram going to be available as well?

I started at Warrior in 2008...and have been Stick, Goal Stick, Goalie, Protective, Helmet PM. Now my focus is on Sticks and Goal sticks only.

Thanks for the kind words. It must be said that I'm not responsible for the @Warrior social mediums, can't take credit there. Our Marketing department is responsible. I only cover @warriorstickguy and views are my own (disclaimer :laugh: )

Though it may seem weird to say, mags are still relevant in some areas. USA Hockey/THN mags gets tons of impressions, especially for kids.

Calendars are in the works...can't say where they'll show up, that's a surprise! :popcorn:

Now that you menion it, my local roller rink would give us kids a free subscription of USA hockey when we signed up, I may still have some around to be honest. And yeah when I was 13 me and the guys would get together and read the megs, this isn't too long ago and the internet was around so it is still relevant.

My favorite USA hockey issue was the one that came with a fold out paper campfire, it was a promo for kellogs snores cereal. Maybeyou guys can make some fold out paper zetterbergs and datz.

I'm looking at getting either the DT1 LT or ST. Very tough choice, both look like good sticks. Warrior is on the way up for sure. You guys care about making sticks better and more durable, so that's great. For a guy who likes to take snappers and either take em quick or muscle them on net. What would be best for me?

I started at Warrior in 2008...and have been Stick, Goal Stick, Goalie, Protective, Helmet PM. Now my focus is on Sticks and Goal sticks only.

Thanks for the kind words. It must be said that I'm not responsible for the @Warrior social mediums, can't take credit there. Our Marketing department is responsible. I only cover @warriorstickguy and views are my own (disclaimer :laugh: )

Though it may seem weird to say, mags are still relevant in some areas. USA Hockey/THN mags gets tons of impressions, especially for kids.

Calendars are in the works...can't say where they'll show up, that's a surprise! :popcorn:

Will Warrior continue to make tapered replacement blades? I am thoroughly enjoying the Dynasty AXT1 blades, but they are becoming noticeably scarce these days in my preferred pattern (RH Zetterberg).

not sure about that the w28 is a clone of the easton kreps and the kreps is no way near p46

Wouldnt it be the closest with the deep pocket like a bergeron? The guy who suggested smyth, thats just a toe curve?

The Smyth is a closed deep mid-toe meat hook based on one of Kovalchuk's pro patterns. The Smyth isn't a pure toe like a Gionta. I have several Smyth blades and sticks, one stick with the E28 and owned a Bergeron blade briefly in the past. The Smyth is definitely closer to the Bergeron than the E28 as the Smyth and Bergeron are both deep and closed, whereas; the E28 is deep, but open. Both the E28 and Smyth have lower lies than the Bergeron blades I had briefly (I ended up trading those before I used them, but had compared the lie to the Smyth and the lie on the Bergeron blades was definitely higher).