Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

On the total hockey site they ranked the new sticks that came out, apx2,covertdt1lt,ribcor,v series, rbz2. Covert came in last.

http://www.totalhockey.com/support.aspx?pg_id=5009&cp=mp_main&ad=botb

I didn't read but let me guess. From 1st to 5th.

Apx

RBZ

V series

Ribcor

Covert

As much as I'd like to "respect" Kendra, Corey, and Mack's rankings, I won't.

Hmm I wonder how they would of ranked last year's top sticks? I would think it would be similar. They said people were confused by the dt1lt and stated it was a very specified stick. I'm guessing if I like the dt1 the dt1lt would fit me. They also said there weren't the curves that the players normally used available which surprises me bc there are tons of curves to choose from.

All this backs up for me is the fact different people have different things that work best for them.

nah the two lines are different. the ST has a fuse point and its higher up than normal, this makes it so stronger players who torque the stick on shots but still like a low kick can get more accuracy out of it. from the DT2 reports (same concept on that stick) it worked well.

They have the dt1lt listed around 470 g and the others about 420g. I know the dt1lt is a little longer but is it that much heavier? I don't think my dt1 was that heavy and it's listed much lower. What would cause a jump in weight like that?

They have the dt1lt listed around 470 g and the others about 420g. I know the dt1lt is a little longer but is it that much heavier? I don't think my dt1 was that heavy and it's listed much lower. What would cause a jump in weight like that?

i believe it had a lot to do with the durability adjustments they made to the blade a year ago. i remember keith mentioning something about that....

Hmm I wonder how they would of ranked last year's top sticks? I would think it would be similar. They said people were confused by the dt1lt and stated it was a very specified stick. I'm guessing if I like the dt1 the dt1lt would fit me. They also said there weren't the curves that the players normally used available which surprises me bc there are tons of curves to choose from.

All this backs up for me is the fact different people have different things that work best for them.

Not likely because of the offerings, probably because what they received as test sticks from Warrior.

i believe it had a lot to do with the durability adjustments they made to the blade a year ago. i remember keith mentioning something about that....

a year ago with the dt1 you mean? I'm not sure if I'm confused with what you're saying but I mean why does this on paper have much more weight than last years dt1? I didn't see much about the blade changing in the dt1lt. Maybe Keith can chime in here and can explain the not so obvious.

Will Warrior continue to make tapered replacement blades? I am thoroughly enjoying the Dynasty AXT1 blades, but they are becoming noticeably scarce these days in my preferred pattern (RH Zetterberg).

Yes. Tapered blades will continue for 2014.

Here is what we carry for Taper Dynasty blades this year and going into next year:

W01, W02, W03, W05, W08, W88

Your dealer can special order blades for you from us. Ask and they should be able to help.

The Shaft/Blade business continues to shrink and more dealers are buying less for their in-store stock.

No Yakupov pattern in Jr, Keith?

No, not right now.

Though I'm sure some kids would love it, we'd like to see if we get traction on the INT/SR before tooling for a JR.

It is a pretty extreme curve for little guys.

On the total hockey site they ranked the new sticks that came out, apx2,covertdt1lt,ribcor,v series, rbz2. Covert came in last.

http://www.totalhockey.com/support.aspx?pg_id=5009&cp=mp_main&ad=botb

Honestly very disappointed on this one.

I was asked to send sticks (on Tuesday) to TH (for delivery on Thursday) without knowing what they were going to be used for. I just grabbed some random samples I had in the office and sent them out. I thought they were going to be used for some additional web photos or a prop for their video reviews like they normally do.

If I had known, and with some notice, I would have made sticks (with proper spec) for each of their testers. Oh well...maybe next time.

Is the DTST going to be anything like a low kick Dynasty AX1?

The DT1ST is a Low Kick stick with added twist resistance. Some of our testers have compared it to an SE16 or like the original Dolomite as fas as kick feel.

Not sure what stick they weighed. Like I said, they were random samples, so I did not check for construction or make sure I was sending something in that was going to be so scrutinized.

The extra 3in DOES add weight, so we usually cut our sticks down to 60" when doing comparisons to our competitors. Keep things fair.

If I get a chance I'll weigh my dt1 as it is cut and I think I have the cutoff in a drawer somewhere so I'll weigh that too and get a weight. And hopefully when/if I may get a dt1lt any time soon I'll do the same with pre and post cut weights with the same w88 pattern. It's much more even that way.

I think it's a bit sly, even devious of them to ask for sticks and not tell you what it's for. Especially then to note that the prefered patterns weren't available.

I didn't put too much stock into the total hockey study, and I see for good reason. For something like this they should be upfront about their needs so they can be sure to get proper sticks to the testers.

I didn't put too much stock into the total hockey study, and I see for good reason. For something like this they should be upfront about their needs so they can be sure to get proper sticks to the testers.

To their defense, they did tell me after and before the findings were published that it was going to be a "test drive" kind of article, but I didn't know the flex/pattern/grip offering I sent didn't fit their testers needs.

Don't get me wrong, I love this kind of stuff...used to do it in Golf all the time, but it should be open to a larger field with more sticks options available for the testers. Think Golf Digest's annual HotList...it's great.

Dear god Tyler if you tease us with this and dont post your findings right after your session my head may explode! It will be nice to hear from someone accustomed to a warrior stick like the dt1 and not testers that may ha e not had a stick/curve to their liking.

I picked Zetterberg 75 flex. Very simple and boring but that's what works for me. Being a multiple DT1 user i'm very happy to test this guy out asap. I always say the DT1 was one of the best shooting sticks I have ever had, hope it lives up to my expectations. I'm confident it will.

What curve/flex?