Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

If you don't mind me continuing this, why would Kovy (or other pros) go back to lo-fused once they have that HiFused option available? That doesn't seem to make sense since it solves a problem they wanted solved. I suppose it's just a matter of getting comfortable with the feel and/or balance of it? Don't mean to bug you, just curious about these things.

If I could predict why a player switched or tinkers with their spec, I'd be @entirehockeyindustrystickguy

If I could predict why a player switched or tinkers with their spec, I'd be @entirehockeyindustrystickguy

HAHA! Very true. Shocking news, hockey players are very picky with their sticks! :wink: Thanks for indulging and keep up the good work at Warrior. Just ordered the DT1ST, can't wait to get it out on the ice.

played around with the DT3LT in the store quite a bit today. It seemed to have great balance for a mid offering stick. I might pick one up eventually, but the 25K impressed me in hand a little more. I think i was even more impressed with its balance than the 1LT, to be honest. Either way, seems like a very solid offering.

I'm really interested in trying the DT lines since last year. Especially interested with their stiffer blade and the materials used in the blade.

But since i live in Indonesia, I don't wanna make the mistake of choosing the wrong stick again. My biggest issue with these new stick is that it felt really flimsy on one timers, it feels like either the shaft is gonna break or the blade is torquing too much. Some people said I'm too strong for intermediate sticks, which I disagree. I'm like 5'6 and 140 lb, doesn't make sense, right?

This problem happened with my APX, RS, RS2. Currently using the NXG which solved the "flimsiness" problem, but would really prefer low-kick sticks.

Anyone has a similar problem with the DT line? Especially on one timers

Your height and size have nothing to do with how strong you are or what size "class" of stick you need. Your shot technique has much more to do with that. I'm 5'7" 250 by those standards I should use a 100+ flex stick but I have an 85. Go to the store and try the 75 flex Sr sticks of you can. There is also the dt2 from last year and this year's dt1st which are high fused to stop torqueing but it just may be time to get the a Sr stick bc this happens with all the sticks you tried.

Height and size plays a BIG part in deciding what size of stick one should consider if they don't know their preferences yet...don't know why you think that's irrelevant...

Well you are right. It isn't irrelevant and it is more important than my previous post lead on but they still sent great guidelines for the informed imho. Like you said for those feeling out a sticks and don't know their preference ok but the poster seems to know what he wants and what his issues are. I think for him and the info he gave us, he should go outside what his height and weight dictate and go to a Sr stick, one that has a lower flex so he isn't making a huge leap. If he is worried about shaft side the apx and vapor like has small dimensions, if he is worried about cutting down a stick and keeping the flex low the new warrior covert line has lower flexes with shorter sticks.

But with what he is saying especially with the fact that he mentions the torqueing, others sayings he is too strong, and the fact he even says that the shaft feels like it's breaking (with multiple sticks mind you) leads me to belive that he has a heavy shot that he puts a lot into and that right now supercedes his height and weight at the moment. Either that or he needs to physically not put as much into his shot.

Your height and size have nothing to do with how strong you are or what size "class" of stick you need. Your shot technique has much more to do with that. I'm 5'7" 250 by those standards I should use a 100+ flex stick but I have an 85. Go to the store and try the 75 flex Sr sticks of you can. There is also the dt2 from last year and this year's dt1st which are high fused to stop torqueing but it just may be time to get the a Sr stick bc this happens with all the sticks you tried.

I think he meant that being in Indonesia gives him no option to try the stick. But I do agree with what you say; while height and weight are factors to be considered, they are not the hard and fast rule.

Quick ? Miseaujeu.

Will warrior be offering the W28 in the AX series?

Can't comment too much on future AX product, but yes, the W28 will continue in our future lines.

I just ordered a 2012 dt1 and I thought I would be getting the upgraded blade with it, hardcore x, carbonized, aramid sole, etc. It arrived yesterday and had the same blade as my dt3. Is there a reason junior sticks don't get the better blade?

It also didn't mention junior sticks didn't come with that blade at all in the description, so I think it would be good to let consumers know because I was under the impression I would get that blade, otherwise, I would've saved a little money and just purchased another dt3. It was also missing the small plastic end plug. Is there anywhere I can get one of those?

Thanks

I just ordered a 2012 dt1 and I thought I would be getting the upgraded blade with it, hardcore x, carbonized, aramid sole, etc. It arrived yesterday and had the same blade as my dt3. Is there a reason junior sticks don't get the better blade?

It also didn't mention junior sticks didn't come with that blade at all in the description, so I think it would be good to let consumers know because I was under the impression I would get that blade, otherwise, I would've saved a little money and just purchased another dt3. It was also missing the small plastic end plug. Is there anywhere I can get one of those?

Thanks

You can usually just pick op a plug from a proshop, but you don't need one,you can just tape over the hole.

ok got my kid a W28 DT1ST after chronic blade break problems with easton V9, like literally 3-4 practices or games and the blade split heel to toe. 3 games with the DT1ST, 7g's and 2a's. He says the puck really goes where he wants it to. Hopefully it provides some measure of durability. Nice work warrior

Well you are right. It isn't irrelevant and it is more important than my previous post lead on but they still sent great guidelines for the informed imho. Like you said for those feeling out a sticks and don't know their preference ok but the poster seems to know what he wants and what his issues are. I think for him and the info he gave us, he should go outside what his height and weight dictate and go to a Sr stick, one that has a lower flex so he isn't making a huge leap. If he is worried about shaft side the apx and vapor like has small dimensions, if he is worried about cutting down a stick and keeping the flex low the new warrior covert line has lower flexes with shorter sticks.

But with what he is saying especially with the fact that he mentions the torqueing, others sayings he is too strong, and the fact he even says that the shaft feels like it's breaking (with multiple sticks mind you) leads me to belive that he has a heavy shot that he puts a lot into and that right now supercedes his height and weight at the moment. Either that or he needs to physically not put as much into his shot.

Thanks for the insight. I've tried using a 77 and 75 Sr. stick but i had to cut it more than 4" i think which makes the flex to over 90. And yeah it solves the one timer problem but it's too stiff for my snappers..

Now the Intermediate Warriors are interesting since it has a 70 flex but I know flex rating differs for each manufacturers. Having not used any Warriors in the past, can you tell me how the 70 flex of Warrior feels? Is it stiffer than Bauer's 67?

You seem to be about my height, how much do you cut your stick? Is your 85 flex after/before cutting?

Warriors are a bit unique in they give you 3" more to start so you're at 63" and not 60" but with that said warrior also notes that you can cut about 4-5" off before you FEEL any difference in the flex. I also believe their 70 flex seniors don't have the extra length but still can be cut the 4-5" before and chance in feel happens.

By the wah I sag feel bc the stick doesn't magically become stiffer when it's cut, it's the same exact stick, you just have less leverage to load the stick so it feels stiffer.

Warriors flex ratings arnt as stiff as bauers, and the sticks load pretty easily. My stick is an 85 before cutting and is probably somewhere between a 95 and 100 after I cut. I cut my stick short to the top of my shoulders on skates which makes it about 54-55" long from the butt end of the stick to the heel of the curve. I enjoy a stiffer flex bc I don't like it to feel overly whippy in my hands or it wimp out in corners or faceoffs, Im also very strong on my shots.

Yeah, 95-100 seems about right if I cut a senior 75. I cut mine right at the collar bone. Like I said I don't have a powerful shot, I mean it's above average but not as powerful as others. I just like to shoot quick and a whippier stick helps. 95-100 flex would sacrifice that.

Being small, I tend to put all my body weight into my stick on one timers. Maybe that's what caused the problem. But anyway, I guess I'll have to wait until somebody in my area gets a Warrior stick. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, 95-100 seems about right if I cut a senior 75.

well i start with an 85 and end up in that region, not a 75, just to be clear. i like a higher flex bc i also take a lot of shots in traffic and it lets them snap off quick, i never had a quicker release than with my dt1 right now.

Probably not the first person making this transition, but I decided to switch from the Easton V9E's to the DT1LT plainly because of durability. Using the dt1 in the past offered blade durability like nothing else. However, the durability on the new V9 line is AWFUL!

Three sticks in less than a month. Step your game up, Easton. Really disappointing to buy a stick for 270$ only to have it snap and crack open on the blade within a week. Thankfully it was on warranty, so I got it replaced, but I do not plan on buying them any more. Hopefully the new warrior DT1LT is better in that aspect. Really just a shame on Easton's part.

Thank you warrior for carrying the E28 pattern, or else I would be stuck with Easton.

Just to be clear, Warrior's senior sticks are 60" and can be cut 5" before the flex changes?

Only the 75 flex senior sticks are 60". The 85 and 100 flex seniors are 63".

Only the 75 flex senior sticks are 60". The 85 and 100 flex seniors are 63".

to expand I think the 75 flex is only 60" on the new series,

Amiroo is right too. It started with this line (dt1lt/st). I don't think the ax line or anything before has this feature, but I could be wrong, if so please correct me