Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

AX1 is mid kick, DT1 is low kick point. The DT1 is similar to the Easton Stealth, now Velocity line. The LT just stands for light. The ST means that the lower part of the shaft is stiffer/stronger. I can't remember what they do, but it's supposed to make the blade not open up so much for more powerful players. According to Keith, Warrior Stick Guy, The DT1 ST has been compared to the Easton SE16.

I have a DT1 LT and an Easton V9E (stealth) and the two have similar feel to me.

For the AX1, they are mid flex point. Same deal with ST and LT. ST uses their strong arm technology to keep the blade from opening up. I imagine we will get some more info on these soon since they are due to be released Feb 14th.

Hope that helps.

Been wanting to add something here for the DT4LT

A few weeks ago I was thinking about buying a second DT1LT in yakupov curve, 75 flex. Went to a rink to check it out. Picked one up and started to walk to the register. Got there and it turned out to be a DT4LT. It was so light and looked just like the DT1LT I didn't even notice. Decided to pass, but I would really like to try one out some time.

Thanks for following up on that. That is interesting about the DT1 being similar to the Easton Stealth and also similar to an SE16. Having used a stealth and an SE16, I actually felt there were pretty different feeling, so to me that is an interesting statement.

I do want to give a DT1 a try, though. I think I'd prefer something on the lighter side, but if an ST feels more like an SE16 maybe I should go for that...

Thanks for following up on that. That is interesting about the DT1 being similar to the Easton Stealth and also similar to an SE16. Having used a stealth and an SE16, I actually felt there were pretty different feeling, so to me that is an interesting statement.

I do want to give a DT1 a try, though. I think I'd prefer something on the lighter side, but if an ST feels more like an SE16 maybe I should go for that...

I think he meant the DT1LT plays similar to the Stealth line and the DT1ST plays similar to the old SE16. Two different sticks. I have the ST version and would say the comparison to the se16 is pretty good, as close as you are going to get with a current stick.

I have seen quite a few players using a white warrior stick I believe it is a DT anyways will a white version be available to the public?

That's the DT1ST which will be available at retail

Hello,

I was wondering about the Warrior Covert DT Pro sticks that I have. They are the W28 Yakupov. On the back spine of the stick, there is No Warranty, etc but I thought the Pro Stock sticks were made in Mexico, not China?

Can you please let me know if this true? The S/N on the stick is 25AC04206.

I want to make sure that I have the real deal...

Thanks for your help!!!!

Hello,
I was wondering about the Warrior Covert DT Pro sticks that I have. They are the W28 Yakupov. On the back spine of the stick, there is No Warranty, etc but I thought the Pro Stock sticks were made in Mexico, not China?
Can you please let me know if this true? The S/N on the stick is 25AC04206.
I want to make sure that I have the real deal...
Thanks for your help!!!!

We make a DT Pro model in Asia for our lower leagues and Team Sales. All the same raw materials/design/process as our Mexico high end product but made in Asia to achieve lower prices that team business demands.

Custom Pro Stock made in Mexico, usually for our NHL players, undergoes a much deeper "custom" treatment in flex control, layup method, weight spec, reinforcement, curve library etc...

How do you measure these sticks?

I measured a DT4 70 flex Int which is 57" tall in the catalogue but the true measurement was 62"?

What method does Warrior use?

Thanks

How do you measure these sticks?

I measured a DT4 70 flex Int which is 57" tall in the catalogue but the true measurement was 62"?

What method does Warrior use?

Thanks

Imagine a bisecting line in the middle of the shaft that travels all the way down through the blade.

In Lay...end of shaft to a little past (about 1.5") where the blade heel curves.

I have a question... I hear conflicting reports about the differences between Jr and Sr sticks. Some say that Jr sticks are not at all like the Sr version of the same stick. That basically means that when shopping for a Jr sized stick the descriptions of a particular stick's advantages can basically be ignored. Does the DT1 LT Jr have the same "features" as the Sr version?

I have a question... I hear conflicting reports about the differences between Jr and Sr sticks. Some say that Jr sticks are not at all like the Sr version of the same stick. That basically means that when shopping for a Jr sized stick the descriptions of a particular stick's advantages can basically be ignored. Does the DT1 LT Jr have the same "features" as the Sr version?

Totally weird on the timing of this question...I'm writing copy for our new catalog right now!

Catalog copy is usually written for SR models and features. The Junior models may have similar features but built for Junior shooters. Here is what the copy would look like for a JR DT1LT

Dagger T2 Tech

True1 LT Construction

Unispar EXT (little guys don't need TwinSpar and the blades are smaller, so we can't fit two structures)

Carbonized Blade (new addition for the LT jr this year - DT1 Jr 2012 did not have Carbonized)

Aramid Sole

SoftCore X (Hardcore X would be too stiff for little guys, softer blades are better for smaller players.)

3K Blade Carbon wrap (no XStitch)

DiamondX Grip

Hope this helps.

Alright. Picked up an ax1 lt 75 flex yakupov last week. Used it three times so far. Definitely feels different than my 75 flex ax1 from last year. That has a chara curve.

Great stick so far

Miseaujeau, thanks for your input - really helps learn about the different offerings.

Quick Q - I'm currently using a Dynasty AX2 100 flex and find it slightly too stiff, but am worried about dropping down to 85. Would a Covert 85 be the middle ground with the lower flex point?

Alright. Picked up an ax1 lt 75 flex yakupov last week. Used it three times so far. Definitely feels different than my 75 flex ax1 from last year. That has a chara curve.

Great stick so far

mjpisat...comments and review like this would be awesome for our Dynasty AX1LT/ST Thread.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/65581-warrior-dynasty-ax1stlt-stick-lineup/page-2

Thanks for your feedback. The LT is probably the best mid-kick we've made on performance and durability.

Miseaujeau, thanks for your input - really helps learn about the different offerings.

Quick Q - I'm currently using a Dynasty AX2 100 flex and find it slightly too stiff, but am worried about dropping down to 85. Would a Covert 85 be the middle ground with the lower flex point?

It is very tough for me to predict how a stick will feel to you. But from testing and anecdotal evidence, the Covert 85 will feel like it has more flex than the Dynasty 85. Many players find that the very active Dagger Taper Super low flex makes sticks feel like it has more flex than the listed rating. If you are comfortable with mid-kick sticks, I would stick with that and go down in flex.

My daughter finally broke her trusty Widow and we replaced it with the DT1 LT and it is like she added 15 pounds of body weight and 20% more strength. Shots have more pop, especially her snapshot...which was useless prior to this stick. She has the Henrique curve at a 40 flex. While waiting for it to come in, she had a couple of sessions with a loaner 2012 CCM CL with 40 flex and the CCM equivalent curve... No comparison. She does everything better with this stick, and she noticed on the first shot she took. She has really soft hands for receiving passes, but with this twig you can't even hear the puck hit the blade. She has never been so excited about a new stick since there always seems to be a learning curve. Quite possibly the best purchase I have made for her in terms of hockey gear since her first set of "nice" skates when she got a pair of Easton SE16s. She loves the grip on it as well, not too grippy, just right. You guys have a winner with this one.

I was about to pull the trigger on a DT4LT last night when I noticed my LHS had the Dynasty AX3 on sale for the same price. Now i'm torn on which stick to buy. Grr.

My daughter finally broke her trusty Widow and we replaced it with the DT1 LT and it is like she added 15 pounds of body weight and 20% more strength. Shots have more pop, especially her snapshot...which was useless prior to this stick. She has the Henrique curve at a 40 flex. While waiting for it to come in, she had a couple of sessions with a loaner 2012 CCM CL with 40 flex and the CCM equivalent curve... No comparison. She does everything better with this stick, and she noticed on the first shot she took. She has really soft hands for receiving passes, but with this twig you can't even hear the puck hit the blade. She has never been so excited about a new stick since there always seems to be a learning curve. Quite possibly the best purchase I have made for her in terms of hockey gear since her first set of "nice" skates when she got a pair of Easton SE16s. She loves the grip on it as well, not too grippy, just right. You guys have a winner with this one.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm very glad this stick and the generational changes we have made are making a difference in her on-ice performance. Can't thank you enough for being a loyal Warrior user.

Take care.

Keith

I was about to pull the trigger on a DT4LT last night when I noticed my LHS had the Dynasty AX3 on sale for the same price. Now i'm torn on which stick to buy. Grr.

OOhhhh that's a tough one.

Maybe this might help. The AX3 is about the same weight as the 4LT (our new LT construction made our $99 as light as our previous generation $119).

So weight aside...

The big difference in performance for you will be the kick point.

If you take more snap/wrist shots, go with the DT...if you take more slap/long wrist shots, go with the AX.

Hope this help you, either way, I win...I like those situations. :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm very glad this stick and the generational changes we have made are making a difference in her on-ice performance. Can't thank you enough for being a loyal Warrior user.

Take care.

Keith

OOhhhh that's a tough one.

Maybe this might help. The AX3 is about the same weight as the 4LT (our new LT construction made our $99 as light as our previous generation $119).

So weight aside...

The big difference in performance for you will be the kick point.

If you take more snap/wrist shots, go with the DT...if you take more slap/long wrist shots, go with the AX.

Hope this help you, either way, I win...I like those situations. :laugh:

The fact that the Dynasty has a Gionta curve is not helping. I know the Covert fits my style of game better but I can't find one with a W28 in my area.

I have a question for Keith.... It seems that every brand is a bit different, so what is the rule for Warrior as it pertains to cutting the sticks and a change in flex? Is there a "dead zone" that doesn't have an effect? Or does every half inch make a difference?

An 8 inch zone at the top where cutting will not make a difference in flex.

I thought there was a previous quote from the Warrior rep saying you could cut 5-6 inches without effecting flex? could be wrong though...