Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Yeah, it'd be so awesome to see Team USA represented with a big CHASE BANK or Apple logo over the front of the jersey instead of "USA"

You completely missed the point. USA hockey is not Chase Bank, its an organization that runs the US hockey program, its not some corporation just paying money to get their logo on a jersey. I dont have a problem with them not wanting logos on the jerseys, but the USA hockey logo, is not the same as a corporate logo. Its a logo that represents hockey in the United States because it IS the hockey program in the United States. And that applies to other countries that may be in the same position, I'm not attacking this as a US thing.

I simply think its totally moronic to equate the logo of USA Hockey, or Hockey Canada or whatever organization runs any other country's program, with a corporate logo such as Bauer, or Chase Bank, or Apple or any of the other ones that they do not want on the jerseys. Its simply short sighted and a power trip, in my humble opinion, you are more than welcome to disagree.

Except the idea of the Olympics is nation versus nation in sport. Kind of makes sense to use a nation's "branding".

Correct, and the branding you think of when you think of USA Hockey is the USA Hockey logo, not some generic thing that is made up year to year because the IOC thinks that USA hockey is Dell Computers.

No, when I think of team USA I think of USA, not USAH.

While I like USAH's logo, it doesn't bother me at all to just see USA on the front, because that's who they are playing for.

Fair enough. I dont consciously think of USAH necessarily, but I do think of and remember that logo being used extensively on Team USA jerseys. Of course, I also think of the large U.S.A. block letters on Olympic jerseys (which I actually prefer anyway). Ultimately, I really dont even care if they use it or not, its really not about that.

For me, I just think its a silly rule equating an organization that runs a nationally sanctioned sporting team with a corportate logo and think that if a country wants to use it, they should be able to.

Its more of the principle for me.

I'll just leave it at that.

You can't separate USA Hockey from other companies/organizations from wanting to sponsor teams.

Why not? USA Hockey IS the US hockey program. Its not some third party that has nothing to do with team or sport wanting to get their name on a uniform.

Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA Hockey is the official representative to the United States Olympic Committee and the International Ice Hockey Federation. In this role, USA Hockey is responsible for organizing and training men’s and women’s teams for international tournaments, including the IIHF World Championships and the Olympic Winter Games.
USA Hockey is recognized by the International Olympic Committee and the United States Olympic Committee as the governing body for amateur ice hockey in the United States and is a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation

Without USA hockey, there is no US hockey program. Its an organization, its not a corporate entity. There is a vast difference between USA Hockey and Apple Computers or Bauer Hockey, etc.

Again. I'll just leave it there, its certainly not worth getting worked up over. Again, I just find it moronic and a silly rule. Doesnt affect my day to day in any way. :tongue:

"Sure, USA Hockey can advertise on a world stage, but sorry FinnAir, you cannot."

If you dont see the difference then I guess it doesnt matter what I say.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/60330-quick-q-is-usa-a-non-profit-organization/

Instead of using Apple, Citi, or Finnair as an example, how would you feel about the NRA or American Red Cross having their logo as the center crest on team USA's jerseys at IOC sanctioned events?

You used the phrasing "its a silly rule equating an organization that runs a nationally sanctioned sporting team with a corporate logo" and "USA Hockey is not a corporate entity" above, but USA Hockey itself is a corporation by definition (USA Hockey INC), albiet non-profit. Non-profit organizations are allowed to generate cash flow to fund their activities, but not for the benefit of a particular shareholder. The IOC doesn't want the Olympics to be a means for this corporation to generate said cash flow. This is clear as day to me especially when you consider how lucrative sponsorship and advertising agreements are during the Olympics, both Winter and Summer.

This is the last time I'll respond since you specifically asked for an answer.

The NRA does not run the hockey program its an apples and oranges comparison. If the NRA RAN (not sponsored) the olympic shooting program and had a logo that the US Olympic committee felt represented the United States (it doesnt as it doesnt say USA), then I wouldnt have an issue with it.

But really? You really believe having the USA Hockey logo on the front of the jersey is equal to advertising a product for sale for profit? You really think some random person watching a game in Russia is going to go "I think I'll donate money to USA Hockey now that I've seen the logo."

US Olympic hockey IS USA Hockey, having the logo on the front just ties the program and the organization that runs it together with a symbol that says USA. Technically, its not even the actual USA Hockey logo as its just the USA portion of it, the real logo actually says USA Hockey.

Having the logo on the Olympic jersey does nothing to raise money for the program, its simply a symbol of the United States hockey program, just as the Hockey Canada logo would be for Canada. The maple leaf is a Canadian symbol that is incorporated into the Hockey Canada logo, I see no issue with it representing the country's hockey program, nor do I see it as advertising for the program.

Anyone that will donate money to the Olympic hockey programs of whatever country, will do so regardless, having a logo on the front of an Olympic jersey is hardly advertising.

But hey, our opinions can differ. I'll even say I could be wrong as to whether the logo generates funding, its just my opinion. As I said before, what is on the front of the jersey will hardly decide how much I enjoy the games, I just think its a copout.

Good having the discussion with you and I'll let this thread get back on to its original topic. :)

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/60330-quick-q-is-usa-a-non-profit-organization/

Instead of using Apple, Citi, or Finnair as an example, how would you feel about the NRA or American Red Cross having their logo as the center crest on team USA's jerseys at IOC sanctioned events?

You used the phrasing "its a silly rule equating an organization that runs a nationally sanctioned sporting team with a corporate logo" and "USA Hockey is not a corporate entity" above, but USA Hockey itself is a corporation by definition (USA Hockey INC), albiet non-profit. Non-profit organizations are allowed to generate cash flow to fund their activities, but not for the benefit of a particular shareholder. The IOC doesn't want the Olympics to be a means for this corporation to generate said cash flow. This is clear as day to me especially when you consider how lucrative sponsorship and advertising agreements are during the Olympics, both Winter and Summer.

If Apple, Citi, or Finnair puts together a hockey team with the sole purpose of competing at the international level then sure let them do whatever they want with the jerseys.

Let's get back on topic please?

Didnt he just say he would and didnt post anything after that? So annoying when someone requests something already accomplished

Wait til you see the jersey. It's worse than this..

Ryan+Miller+Ilya+Kovalchuk+Buffalo+Sabre

WOW.... What do you say but that was impossible I thought. I mean I thought we were past the days of VGA graphics and blocks of color for lack of creative graphics programs and designers.

Wow...EDGE "slim fit" really got slim and added a ton of new panels to the jersey.

Looks like the fit is brutal, especially in the armpit. The fabric looks really bunched up.

I missed all your points Marcelo because I can't get past Easton's poster boy not posing with the new V9E!!!!

Wow...EDGE "slim fit" really got slim and added a ton of new panels to the jersey.

Looks like the fit is brutal, especially in the armpit. The fabric looks really bunched up.

let's hope that Reebok doesn't do this to the blank jerseys. my team got their first set of jerseys (I wasn't on the team then) back when Reebok first went with the Edge jerseys. I knew they looked horrible on them but never put one on before until recently when we had to drag the old jerseys out due to a jersey conflict. I felt like I was wearing a sausage casing! fortunately I was able to swap with a skinnier teammate for replacement CCM jersey. "slim fit" has no business being worn by most non professional hockey players. ;)

Many NHL teams have jerseys without shoulder logos, so, that point might not be so valid. I think you'll see sponsor logos on the front of the jersey before any other location. From there, the tail, then the shoulders and sleeves.

With the elimination of the LA Kings Blk/Purple jersey, the Kings won't employ a jersey with a shoulder logo this coming season...or will they? :wink:

Please make it League wide deals, if it's team by team the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. See board ad sales.