Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

Velcro Lacing system

They work great, put some on my mako's and made the most comfortable skates ive ever had even better,lace bite gone, for me they are far better than laces purely because my skates are now on in less than 2 min and at the perfect tension every time, they are cheap so definatly worth a try,

At least with goalies, it gets covered up. I have a bit of the same problem as OP in that thread, but I just cant see myself wearing these, no matter how well they work.

I have a set for my 6 year old. I got them because it is so cold out when we have practice outside and I always get a kick out of kids telling mom "that's not how dad ties them" now my 6 yo can put his skates on by himself. He doesn't but he can. I can put them on him in less than 20 seconds (yes I timed it). I like the ease so much I have ordered myself a set of 4straps. I am a pretty skilled player, played JR A. And still wear the same old gear. I have ccm U 12 skates a jofa 690 helmet and some black tour gloves. So now u have a clue what Ill look like on the ice.Ill let you know how Much I get chirped.

Does anyone know where I can get these in the US? The shipping rates from Canada are atrocious. I'd never in a billion years wear these on player skates but seriously considering giving them a shot on my goal skates.

We've been selling them for quite some time now. I used them for 7 months before the Dr retired me. I loved them. I used 4 straps. A set comes with 3 but you can add more singles if you want or need. You can individually control the tension of each one making them perfect for those with lacebite in one area. Simply strap a little looser in that area and not having to worry about the whole skate loosening like laces will.

We've been selling them for quite some time now. I used them for 7 months before the Dr retired me. I loved them. I used 4 straps. A set comes with 3 but you can add more singles if you want or need. You can individually control the tension of each one making them perfect for those with lacebite in one area. Simply strap a little looser in that area and not having to worry about the whole skate loosening like laces will.

Awesome, I'll buy a set from you the next time I send in my runners for sharpening :)

Thanks; I'd been hoping you'd report back, if you did before, I missed it..

Chris, if you've got them at WF, I'll have a look.

Thanks; I'd been hoping you'd report back, if you did before, I missed it..

Chris, if you've got them at WF, I'll have a look.

Only planning to use them on goal skates, sorry man. Definitely not planning to embarrass myself by playing goal at Winterfest ;)

Awesome, I'll buy a set from you the next time I send in my runners for sharpening :)

I used 4 straps on a size 9. If skate is smaller than that I think 3 are fine but it can't hurt to have 4.

I got real use to loving the 8 seconds to tie and untie. These along with Toehooks made my undressing time fastest in the room!

I used 4 straps on a size 9. If skate is smaller than that I think 3 are fine but it can't hurt to have 4.

I got real use to loving the 8 seconds to tie and untie. These along with Toehooks made my undressing time fastest in the room!

I'm an 8EE, and will probably just go with the 3. Can you use Toehooks with sliding toe bridges?

Only planning to use them on goal skates, sorry man. Definitely not planning to embarrass myself by playing goal at Winterfest ;)

Well, maybe you can bring a strap for me to look at.

Tip, play with the location of the straps until you find the eyelet location/spacing that works best. Don't trim it to length till you are sure you got it placed correct. Then use loctite on the screws.

Tip, play with the location of the straps until you find the eyelet location/spacing that works best. Don't trim it to length till you are sure you got it placed correct. Then use loctite on the screws.

Makes sense, thanks man!

Just thinking about this after looking at how they attach.....they should have bigger base with more eyelet attachments to prevent the boot from bending / flexing where it shouldn't. Just a thought.

Just thinking about this after looking at how they attach.....they should have bigger base with more eyelet attachments to prevent the boot from bending / flexing where it shouldn't. Just a thought.

Basically so the attachment point for each strap takes up 2-3 eyelets? Thats not a bad idea.

are eyelets evenly spaced amongst all manufacturers? Optimus, your cat is hungry.

No but that's an easy fix I would think, guided runner made of plastic, space them as needed.

I concur that they aren't pretty but they are damn easy to do up / undo and they fix lace bite, period! For young kids these are a winner especially when they can start doing up their own boots. And for goalies they are an answer to a very long term problem, how to adjust your skates when all your pads are on....