Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

New York Rangers 2013-2014

So, are the Rangers the second team to make a coaching change this season or do they try and trade a player or two first?

This is what is wrong with the team:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8192330/new-york-rangers-trade-3-players-columbus-blue-jackets-rick-nash

We blew up our identity and depth to acquire him, and then shipped away IMO the better RANGER, not player (Gaborik), to compensate for the loss of depth. I hated the Nash trade last July, and I still hate it now. I also think you're going to start to see Lundqvist getting exposed a bit more now that they aren't playing a dedicated shot blocking system.

This is what is wrong with the team:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8192330/new-york-rangers-trade-3-players-columbus-blue-jackets-rick-nash

We blew up our identity and depth to acquire him, and then shipped away IMO the better RANGER, not player (Gaborik), to compensate for the loss of depth. I hated the Nash trade last July, and I still hate it now. I also think you're going to start to see Lundqvist getting exposed a bit more now that they aren't playing a dedicated shot blocking system.

They have given up too much talent over the last couple years. I'm not sure they have the right coach for this roster. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they don't.

They have given up too much talent over the last couple years. I'm not sure they have the right coach for this roster. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they don't.

I think the Win-Loss record coupled with the Goal Differential just might help cement that argument.

I think the Win-Loss record coupled with the Goal Differential just might help cement that argument.

It's still a small sample size, look at how the Caps turned it around last year. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, for now.

At least they showed some signs of life Sat night. Down a couple, battled back. Biron let in a couple softies that didn't help them out much, but they looked decent.

He'll be on a panel somewhere in no time. Apparently NO ONE in the hockey world has a bad thing to sat about him. Universally liked!!

I was going to say the same thing. Apparently he is very insightful/funny and great to be around. That said, 16 years, 200+ wins, starter, backup, or otherwise is a great career by any standard.

The question is, can a universally liked player be critical of the fellowship once he gets behind the desk? I can't believe that it has already been 16 years. It seems like yesterday that the Sabres had too many young options in their crease.

The role of an analyst isn't just to criticize, it's also to explain and inform. Unfortunately, a lot of the guys on the air are mostly negative.

Was in town on Sunday and got to check out the new-look MSG.

JR (roenick, not our JR) came to the morning skate with his wife and son, probably to say hi to his buddie douglas murray (from their sharks days).

Pictures:

The jumbotron is really cool. Big, curved HD screens with smaller screens in the middle for those sitting at ice level and on the benches

537303_10151787435089821_43229974_n.jpg

It was my first time at MSG so not sure what changed, but here's what it looks like now

1424277_10151793151914821_677332938_n.jp

Some game-worn gear from Gretz's last game

9268_10151787727769821_1756192089_n.jpg

The new pressbox is on the Chase skybridge - it's quite a tight squeeze for those working the game, since you're pretty much using the same narrow alleyway to get to and from your seat with NY fans. Still, very comfy. There's a small TV for each seat in case you need to catch the replay of something you just missed.

Pregame meal: sicilian-style pizza with a ton of hot sauce

578068_10151788043879821_277144532_n.jpg

Was in town on Sunday and got to check out the new-look MSG.

JR (roenick, not our JR) came to the morning skate with his wife and son, probably to say hi to his buddie douglas murray (from their sharks days).

Pictures:

The jumbotron is really cool. Big, curved HD screens with smaller screens in the middle for those sitting at ice level and on the benches

537303_10151787435089821_43229974_n.jpg

It was my first time at MSG so not sure what changed, but here's what it looks like now

1424277_10151793151914821_677332938_n.jp

Some game-worn gear from Gretz's last game

9268_10151787727769821_1756192089_n.jpg

The new pressbox is on the Chase skybridge - it's quite a tight squeeze for those working the game, since you're pretty much using the same narrow alleyway to get to and from your seat with NY fans. Still, very comfy. There's a small TV for each seat in case you need to catch the replay of something you just missed.

Pregame meal: sicilian-style pizza with a ton of hot sauce

578068_10151788043879821_277144532_n.jpg

That looks like a lie 3.5. Anyone know the lie that Gretz used?

They certainly turned things around after a rough first month. Some of it was adjusting to Vigneault's new style, some of it was the ridiculous road trip to start the season and some of it was playing some of the best teams of the Western conference.

The Rangers were definitely bailed out from getting buried in the standings by virtue of playing in an extremely weak Metropolitan (yuck) division. Despite their pummeling of Pittsburgh, the Pens are clearly the class of the division while every other team in the division has fairly visible flaws. While I've never been convinced that Rick Nash was actually the missing piece to the Rangers being a consistently elite team, it certainly would help having him return in full health at some point in the not so distant future. However his absence has been muted by the emergence of the Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello line which has provided the offensive spark as the Blueshirts have climbed back over the .500 mark. Let's not forget that Lundqvist has regained his usual elite level in net. I still see them as a team where everything needs to click in order for them to contend with the heavyweights of the conference if not the league, but they're miles better than they were in the first half dozen or so games.