Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Mission S500 Skates?

I forget, how did Mission sizing run in this generation? Also, what was the fit profile of this skate? I've got a chance to pick a pair up in a size 7D and am currently a 6W in pre-texalite 703's and a 6R in modern 703's. Thanks.

Just an aside...you're extremely lucky to find a pair of them right now haha. The S400 was my favorite skate of all time

Right now, I'm in CCM RBZ's that were converted to roller. i've only had three or four skates in em so far so I can't say too much about them yet. Whether they unseed the S400's as my favorite skate remains to be seen. I've been in the RBZ, Vapor XXV, Supreme ONE70, S400 and Reebok 6K's as my last skates.

I was on to newer skates and I loaned my S500s to a friend of a friend to play pond hockey in. Never got them back. Still makes me sad. I wouldn't wear them now, but I'd like the chance to look upon them fondly from time to time. And I don't think they're being looked at like that at all wherever they are.

Right now, I'm in CCM RBZ's that were converted to roller. i've only had three or four skates in em so far so I can't say too much about them yet. Whether they unseed the S400's as my favorite skate remains to be seen. I've been in the RBZ, Vapor XXV, Supreme ONE70, S400 and Reebok 6K's as my last skates.

Wow, you've covered the whole fit spectrum. Of your past/current skates, which would you say fit closest to the s500's?

I was on to newer skates and I loaned my S500s to a friend of a friend to play pond hockey in. Never got them back. Still makes me sad. I wouldn't wear them now, but I'd like the chance to look upon them fondly from time to time. And I don't think they're being looked at like that at all wherever they are.

Troy - Why wouldn't you wear them now? Old tech?

I didn't like my s400 compared to 705's. They were a full eyelet higher and the plastic heel lock piece just dug into my foot. Lengthwise they were roughly on par with each other, even though I heard at the store where I got the Missions that they were supposed to fit "true to shoe size."

I picked up a pair of new s500's last year from my work for pretty cheap. I've only used them once but for the price I couldn't pass them up. If I remember correctly they are a size 10 or 10.5. I wear a 8 in my one100's.

Wow, you've covered the whole fit spectrum. Of your past/current skates, which would you say fit closest to the s500's?

Probably the Supreme 70's I had.

Troy - Why wouldn't you wear them now? Old tech?

I got custom X60s in the second year of their lifecycle and won't have a need to wear anything else for the foreseeable future. While I enjoyed the comfort and striding in the S500 I also prefer a more rigid boot.

Lengthwise they were roughly on par with each other, even though I heard at the store where I got the Missions that they were supposed to fit "true to shoe size."

That was never the case after the AMP series of skates

That was never the case after the AMP series of skates

That the shoe size = skate size? I kept hearing it, but I figured, they could be wrong, especially since the skates didn't fit like the shoe size. It's good to finally know!

s500 similar to greatest skate ever made. The Pure Fly. Finally killed my last pair. Still see the S500 and Pure Fly once in a blue moon in the beer leagues.

As a lone tear runs down my cheek. We were ahead of our time with those skates...

I'm looking at two pair of s500 skates, but have a few questions. Are they thermoformable? If so, does anyone know the bake time and temperature? I usually take EE width, but I only can find them in D width. I'm afraid that the D width will be too narrow unless I'm able to bake them. 

I can wear 8.5 or 9 in other brands. Would a 9.5 or 10 in the S500 be a closer match?

Thanks in advance for any advice.