Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caldy315

Older Nike Bauer Stick, need deciphering of custom specs

I have a Nike Bauer One95 that is on it's last leg. I got the stick off craigslist and was one of the guys from Colorado College as it has a logo and a name down the shaft. The blade style fits me perfectly, but I need help deciphering the numbers to get one just like it once it does go.

Numbers read.

P12 - ??

102 - Must be the flex

C29 - ??

Anyone know what these mean? I was reading that the P12 is the Giroux, wondering if that still holds true. The C29 not sure what that means.

Super old bump, but indeed this stick has finally broke. The issue is, I can't find a P12 curve stick to save my life, except if I custom order one. I'd rather not do that, and I'd like to stay Bauer. The P14 (Toews) curve looks similar, anyone care to comment?

It is the Iginla, just ordered a P12 from my Bauer and matches pretty close to my Easton Iggy. Easton still makes them I do believe, I think I've seen them on Total or Monkey's websites. The My Bauer P12 is a lie 7 and the Easton E7 is a 5.5, so keep that in mind.

The P88 which is what I just switched from is what I've found to be most similar IMO

It is the Iginla, just ordered a P12 from my Bauer and matches pretty close to my Easton Iggy. Easton still makes them I do believe, I think I've seen them on Total or Monkey's websites. The My Bauer P12 is a lie 7 and the Easton E7 is a 5.5, so keep that in mind.

The P88 which is what I just switched from is what I've found to be most similar IMO

I have a P88 (Lindros) at the time and it feels and looks more curvy. The one thing I liked about the P12 was the absence of a drastic curve, which made either side handling decent. I'm playing with my P88 Vapor XXXX stick right now and although it's alright, I like the less aggressive blade I had with my Supreme One95 P12 stick. Easier to control the puck on my backhand (RH) and surprisingly more controllable wristers. Both are/were 102 flex and I think I'm going to go down to a 87. Checking out a P14 tonight, hopefully that will work out. I don't want to order a P12 through myBauer for $270. I'll try a P14, local craigslist person has one for $100 brand new, so it's worth a shot.

Easton has dropped the Iginla. The last sticks that you will find it on are the V9/V9E.

As for lie comparisons, the Bauer site has had it wrong since the dawn of the P12. It is actually a 6 lie by Bauer standards. Way back when they crossed up the lies between the P12 and the P71.

Easton has dropped the Iginla. The last sticks that you will find it on are the V9/V9E.

As for lie comparisons, the Bauer site has had it wrong since the dawn of the P12. It is actually a 6 lie by Bauer standards. Way back when they crossed up the lies between the P12 and the P71.

When you say crossed up the 12 and 71, is the 71 a true lie 7? I've noticed they are a bit off on their lie scale in comparison to others, my P88 is more like a 5 but labeled a 6 which was why I went to P12. Do you know if their lie scale is different on pro stock than it is retail? As I've been looking at pro stocks in a lie 7.

I have a P88 (Lindros) at the time and it feels and looks more curvy. The one thing I liked about the P12 was the absence of a drastic curve, which made either side handling decent. I'm playing with my P88 Vapor XXXX stick right now and although it's alright, I like the less aggressive blade I had with my Supreme One95 P12 stick. Easier to control the puck on my backhand (RH) and surprisingly more controllable wristers. Both are/were 102 flex and I think I'm going to go down to a 87. Checking out a P14 tonight, hopefully that will work out. I don't want to order a P12 through myBauer for $270. I'll try a P14, local craigslist person has one for $100 brand new, so it's worth a shot.

I found the P14 to have a lot of toe curve, almost like a P92 but a lot less rocker.

P88, E36 or a clone of them are probably going to be closest you'll find to P12. The lie will be a bit lower with a slightly longer blade.

Picked up a P14 and I could have sworn when I was at the Bauer store it looked close to the P12 blade as they have all the blade curves there. Indeed it does have quite a bit of toe curve. I don't know if it's because my P88 is a Vapor (XXXX) and the one I broke was a Supreme (one95), but it feels completely different. Going to try this Supreme Total One NXG with a P14 curve tonight. See how I like it and do some back to back comparisons with my Vapor XXXX. I left this one slightly longer and feel I may like that a little better.