Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan

Graf MCI Series

Anyone go from the Ultra G5's to the 9035? I've been in the G5's for about 7 years and need to upgrade. Curious how the fit of the G5's compares to the 9035?

Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet but Graf is coming out with the MCI liner from the G9035 into a least 4 different skates from what my LHS told me. The models are Graf 703, 705, 709 and 735's. I have already see the 735's in one store and they are called 735 Overload. I took a few pics but don't know how to upload them from my phone. I didn't see anything else that had changed on them except the liner and the neon stitching on the sides of the skates. They actually look pretty sharp.

I just picked up a pair. Still getting used to the liner but it really shapes to your foot. I had them baked and was not supposed to skate in them for a day which made me think. Is there any problem leaving them in a car during the summer then going to play a game in them. Would any issues become from this?

ucqHPf0.jpg

I would put them in your trunk away from direct sunlight and you should be fine aslong as it didn't get too hot. Can you tell us how you like your G9035's after you skate on them. Also wondering what store you got them in Toronto, thx.

Be careful with leaving them in your trunk. You'd be surprised how hot a car can get. Skating on skates that's been in a hot car is like skating right after baking and it'll break down the skates quickly. When I used to live in Arizona, I wouldn't even leave them in the garage since it got too hot in there.

I would put them in your trunk away from direct sunlight and you should be fine aslong as it didn't get too hot. Can you tell us how you like your G9035's after you skate on them. Also wondering what store you got them in Toronto, thx.

I got them at Just Hockey but they only had 75 flex and I had to order them. Sports chek Leaside has them in an 85 flex.

Be careful with leaving them in your trunk. You'd be surprised how hot a car can get. Skating on skates that's been in a hot car is like skating right after baking and it'll break down the skates quickly. When I used to live in Arizona, I wouldn't even leave them in the garage since it got too hot in there.

This. In the summer if I'm skating after work I bring the skates inside with me.

Would you guys recommend a 75 or 85 flex for a guy weighing about 160-165, good skater, but not overly strong?

Also, does anyone happen to know if the cobra holder lines up with a speedblade holder? If so, would the 8 screws be enough to secure the holder instead of the 14 rivets?

Thanks!

Thank you!

definitely gonna try the cobra holder first and see if I like them, was just curious, if I could switch them by myself without drilling in case I don't, too bad

I just picked up a pair. Still getting used to the liner but it really shapes to your foot. I had them baked and was not supposed to skate in them for a day which made me think. Is there any problem leaving them in a car during the summer then going to play a game in them. Would any issues become from this?

ucqHPf0.jpg

How do you like the 85 flex? What skate did you have prior to this?

I'm a little confused on the flex as to whether it's a geared more towards a persons weight or more as a performance choice OR a combination of both? The guy at my local shop has told me he has not sold any 85 flex and has 300lb players wearing the 75 flex and loving it. I'm currently in the Ultra G5 that have really softened up over the years so would like something a little stiffer but not ski boot stiff.

I have the 85 flex and they're way softer than my other composite skates. The 75 might be a good option if you like a softer skate like the older G series.

Think I'll try the 85 Flex. I do like the Ultra G5's but think I faired much better in the them when they were closer to new and stiffer. Took a shot of my right ankle a few years back and it's never felt as strong as it was. Think the stiffer boot may help that issue as well...

Hey guys, thinking of picking up a  pair of clearance 9035's to replace my ageing G75's (blue stripe). Just had a few questions for those using them:

1. Do they utilise the euro toe box as the G75 does?
  2. I know they're deeper than G75 lites, but what about compared with G75's?
  3. How is the heel fit compared with G75's? Assuming wider given some people have had heel lock issues.

The G75's fit me perfectly, but I can't find them any more so hoping the 9035's will make a nice substitute.

Thanks!

IMO, they fit very close to the G75's(from what I remembered, been a while since I've tried them on).   Again, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the fit of the original G75's, but I believe the toe tap has a bit deeper and wider feel to it.  Heel fit, to me, was pretty similar as well which is why I ended up going back to the G75 LITE, since both G75 and ultimately 9035 fitting a touch too deep and a touch too wide in the heel.  HTH

Magic, thanks for the feedback mate!

You're memory is correct, the G75's have the euro toe and that's the only Graf toe I can use as the regular version rubs. So do you know if the 9035 uses the euro toe as per the G75 and G75 Lite?

The heel is my only concern apart from that. I have perfect lock in the G75, so hopefully the 9035 isn't much wider...

33 minutes ago, phunky_monkey said:

Magic, thanks for the feedback mate!

You're memory is correct, the G75's have the euro toe and that's the only Graf toe I can use as the regular version rubs. So do you know if the 9035 uses the euro toe as per the G75 and G75 Lite?

The heel is my only concern apart form that. I have perfect lock in the G75, so hopefully the 9035 isn't much wider...

Yes, the 9035 has the bigger toecap.

I also snagged an extra pair at an awesome price, now that Graf is gone, I wanted to have a backup pair. Now my backup pair is higher end than my normal pair... and I paid less for them. Might be time to swap them out. 

9 hours ago, FREQUENCY247 said:

I also snagged an extra pair at an awesome price, now that Graf is gone, I wanted to have a backup pair. Now my backup pair is higher end than my normal pair... and I paid less for them. Might be time to swap them out. 

The closing down of Graf Canada is what prompted me to do something. Super glad I did as the timing seemed spot on for a bargain, even though I'd rather them have stayed around and paid a little more.

On 6/2/2016 at 0:04 AM, phunky_monkey said:

Just ordered some for a seriously good price, glad I waited a day to make my decision! Will update this thread with fit once I have them baked.

Thanks again.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:51 AM, FREQUENCY247 said:

Signing in for the first time in years to post this haha.

Gents, where did you pick yours up? Been checking eBay regularly for a pair of 9.0 D's without any luck so far. 

Anyone at a LHS with Grafs still in stock want to hook a brother up?

3 hours ago, lampliter87 said:

Signing in for the first time in years to post this haha.

Gents, where did you pick yours up? Been checking eBay regularly for a pair of 9.0 D's without any luck so far. 

Anyone at a LHS with Grafs still in stock want to hook a brother up?

hockeymonkey still has them on closeout in loads of sizes.