Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

Any update on this stick as people have used it? How does the flex play compared to the T90/T100? I have a T100 in a 75 flex and find it plays closer to an 85 honestly.

Hey Kovalchuk 71.......I fully agree with you on this one, I ordered a custom set of t100's, 80 flex (in a kovalchuk pro pattern ironically) and cut within the free flex zone to my height and they definitely feel like a 88-90 flex or even higher to me after comparing them to my ai9 (90 flex). I had a couple buddys without telling them the flex rating, see what they thought after flexing it......all three of them said 90-95..........the sticks did turn out fantastic and michael was awesome to deal with.....however I need to sell them now since they are too stiff for me.....I am thinking about my next batch doing a low kickpoint rather than mid(I prefer snapshots) t100 set at a 70 flex.....interested to hear yours and other members take on that......cause with a 75 flex Im worried it will only be a slight difference......thanks for the post by the way!

Thanks to Michael & this thread I don't think I would've ever considered this stick. I can't wait to get mine in! I ordered one instantly when I found out they had the pp92 patterns in stock.

Has anyone here used a T100 and EK15? I really like the T100, but do prefer low kick sticks. The main thing I'm wondering about is how the blade feel compares between the two?

I've been sidelined with a concussion but guys I know on multiple teams ask me to borrow the EK15 every week. Consensus has been that it is a little softer than marked at full length but nobody seems to care at all.

Hi Guys ,

been a while since i posted here.

So my 2 cents on the EK 15: I just used it in practice so far but my first impression was amazing. Really light and a great feel for the puck. Usually it takes me a bit time to get used to a new stick but this one felt good and comfortable right away. Love the low kick point and shots are pretty good. Cant say anything about durability just yet but looking forward to use this stick as my new Go-To twig. Already ordered a second one. By the way PP26 85 flex great Curve!

Thanks

So far durability is good for the EK15. i have close to 80-hours of ice time with mine and haven't noticed any problems with either the shaft or the blade. The flex hasn't softened much over that time period as well.

So I really want to try out the ek15 but they don't seem to have any patterns anywhere in a 5 lie. I had an easton stealth that the heel wore down extremely fast on because it was a 5.5 lie. I recently got a reebok ribcor that is a 5 lie that is wearing across my blade more evenly so I would assume that is because the 5.5 is too high of a lie. My question is I have heard that cutting the shaft down should help remedy the too high of a lie. So if I get the ek15 in the 6 lie and cut it down a couple inches in the zone that supposedly doesn't change the flex do you think that would help? I don't ever cut my sticks but I really want to try out the ek15.

It will likely help with your problem. I recently started cutting my sticks more and I definitely end up with more blade on the ice.

I'm not sure that I buy Sherwood's whole "flex-free zone" thing. You'll probably make the stick a little stiffer, but if you're just taking off 1-2", I doubt you'll feel a huge difference.

I have a lie 5.0 EK15 in the PP92 pattern and I love the stick. It's one of the best sticks I've ever used. It is the lightest stick on the market and seems pretty durable. It has a very low kick point if you like that type of stick.

Anybody know of any Canadian retailers that have the EK15 in stock? I've checked a bunch of different stores in different cities and have yet to hold one in my hands.

Prohockey Life should have a bunch, they seem to push Sherwoods pretty hard. One of the Source for Sports stores in Edmonton has a lot so maybe try a Source for Sports near you. Sportchek does also carry them but only try the stores with larger hockey sections, the smaller ones would probably not have them in stock yet.

Prohockey Life should have a bunch, they seem to push Sherwoods pretty hard. One of the Source for Sports stores in Edmonton has a lot so maybe try a Source for Sports near you. Sportchek does also carry them but only try the stores with larger hockey sections, the smaller ones would probably not have them in stock yet.

I've been top 5 different SportCheks, 2 National Sports, and 2 Source For Sports and come up empty at all of them. The closest Pro Hockey Life is an hour drive from me but maybe i'll make the trip just to see.

I've been top 5 different SportCheks, 2 National Sports, and 2 Source For Sports and come up empty at all of them. The closest Pro Hockey Life is an hour drive from me but maybe i'll make the trip just to see.

call or talk to someone and see if they could have some of their inventory shifted over to a store near you. TH didnt have a 25k in stock for me to check out, so i had them send one to my local store.

If a store doesn't have the model you want you can always ask them to order it from Sher-Wood. You'll receive it in only a couple of days.

I'm surprised you are having such trouble in London. I can't help you if you want to hold one before buying but I know they can be ordered through Hockey Supremacy (Montreal) and it will have free shipping (I ordered one for my kid when they first came out). http://hockeysupremacy.com/en/shop/product/sher-wood-rekker-ek15-hockey-stick/

Supremacy has a great deal going on right now. $161.99 with free shipping for the EK15.