Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Roadrunner55

2013 Alkali RPD Max

2013 Alkali RPD Max

Me: 57 160lbs mixed positions. Played most of the last 19 years (few breaks from where I was stationed). Previous skates, Alkali CA9, Mission T9, CCM something, more missionsetc.

Boot: after the bake and a few pickups/games the comfort of the hugging my foot is pretty awesome. The initial grip on the heel was great, but after some heat and sweat it has got a very snug hold. Sides of the feet fit great along the boot, no areas that rub uncomfortably. Can get the top of the foot laced nice and tight without cutting off circulation, but still keep the ankle a little loose (personal preference). Very stiff and supportive boot. Only small thing I notice is the inner ankle pad is taking a little longer to break in than the rest of the skate, but no blisters or anything. Tongue is soft with a guard down the middle for shot protection/lace bite. Molded excellent around foot/ankle. The aggressive stance is explosive for starting and all around movements are smooth. 9/10 (just cause of the inner ankle)

Chassis/wheels/bearing: love how the chassis sits low with the recessed wheel. Solid feel skating on it and the turn radius is phenomenal. Cutting, stopping, turning is like skating on 72s, very responsive. Cant go wrong with the Labeda Addictions. I dont weigh much but I can get great grip on these and top end is up there. Ive skated these before and I had them for quite a while before they wore out so I know I wont need wheels for a while. I know others may have different opinions of these but I love em. Bearings are decent, but Ive skated on Bones Swiss for a while and I dont think theyre on the same level, so those got swapped out. Still pretty decent though. Unless you skate with Swiss or the ceramics youll be content with these. 9/10 (bearings)

Weight/durability: these are fairly light and really easy to move in. I move my feet a lot cutting back and forth so these work great for that. the strength of the boot is pretty solid. Ive taken a few shots in the ankles and barely felt it. I cant see these breaking down and weakening in the ankle areas at all. Its just a really solid feeling skate like they are part of you. 10/10

Looks: Sexy. Very sharp and appeasing to the eyes. Not an overly done design, but with lines that wont bother someone who is a little OCD. Everything flows great. 10/10

Overall: Amazing! Has everything you want in a skate; speed, strength, comfort, weight and looks. To make anything better might require some animal sacrifice and maybe digital equipment. The only thing that could be changed would be to add a top end bearing set, but with the price hike that might cause I think they are great as they are. May not be good for business in the long run cause I dont think I will need another skate for years. 9.5/10

Thanks Justin and the Alkali Team.

• Like 1