Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Levsauce

Stable 26 performance skate hockey socks

Just to add to this. My girlfriend recently got Easton EQ50s and they fit perfectly in the store. She got them on ice and the inside of her ankles was blistereing really badly. We got her a pair of these and now her skates are the most comfortable skates she has ever worn. She wears a 4 outside 2 inside for her left foot and 4 inside and 2 outside for her right foot.

Great purchase.

I read an article in the NY Times that Erik Karlsson was trying to help Stable 26 develop a cut resistant version of the sock by year end. Anyone know anything about that?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/sports/olympics/for-fleet-footed-karlsson-safety-comes-in-a-sock.html?_r=0&referrer=

Erik is on the 4th Version and it is not cu resistant but cut proof! It will be the only sock of its kind. That being said it will only be the back of the sock with the patch of material designed by the US Military and Stable 26 has proprietary rights to this material. (Presently used with Navy Seals and Special Forces Commandos) So you know these guys are using some tough materials that breathes and is flexible! There will be more information put out as it becomes available. Gary Roberts love the product so much that he has asked his GRHPC guys (similar to the Biosteel Camp) be fitted to enhance their performance. Follow on twitter as there should be some pictures added tomorrow. See if you can find the superstar player wearing them at the camp. Be interesting to see some of the guesses!

should you wear these while baking skates?

NOOOOOO...that can cause the skate to pack out prematurely. Once the skate is baked with thin socks, then cooled. Then you can go back to wearing the Stable 26 socks. #S26Fit

I'm hoping if I order these today, I doubt HM can get me them by Sunday (I have a game) :(

Wonder if I can find them on Amazon and get them faster with Prime..

Edit: Nope.. Stable26 socks not available for Prime. Crap.

Cut proof is coming along final samples going to test in the AHL and NHL this week!

as much as i've enjoyed my pair so far and love the idea of a cut resistant version, i can't imagine how expensive they'll be.

So just stumbled upon Stable26 while researching some other things on this site. Ordered some and just got them today.

They felt very good with the stock silicone setup. Have yet to skate in them but have a feeling this is going to be the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Have always had very minor heel slippage in my Graf G5's. I've tried all sorts of different types of socks over the years.

This is a genius idea BTW!

Digging this thread back up so as not to start a new thread on this sock.

For those who have been wearing them, did you notice any effect on foot length in the boot? I am thinking about getting a pair and just want to make sure my heel will still be able to seat into the heel fully. I know there are variables like heel shape, which pads are used and how much extra space there is in the heel of the boot. Just looking for a few examples if ya got 'em ! I am thinking about these for just a fine tuning of heel fit so I don't need much from them. If I tie my skates just a bit tighter than I'd like for mobility my heels are fine, tightened for freedom, my heels start to lift just a bit as the game goes on. My heel actually fits pretty well in my boots, there isn't really any extra slop but the heel lift just starts creeping in. Strangely - or not - this happens on both pairs of skates I have, EQ50's and RBK 28K's. Based on that I think it's my foot so the Stable 26 seems to be a good idea to try.

Thanks as always !!!

I used them and with or without them, my toes still feathered the toe cap so they don't have any impact on length if used properly. If you use too big an insert so the heel struggles to sit back in the pocket then that would have an impact on length.

Appreciate all the feedback on these socks. I ordered a pair today. Hope they help with my heel locking issue the same way they have for many of you.

In my experience, using the socks with both the 2 and 4 mm pads in each sock, it felt like I lost a fraction of length in the boot. Not enough to be problematic, but noticeable for me. I have since switched to using only the 2 mm pads, both on the inside of the heel. This is the sweet spot for me, and I have regained some of that lost length as well.

Using 2mm on each side just to tighten the heel up a bit and make it perfect. Liking them a lot. I had too pairs but I ruined one pair when putting the inserts in. I accidentally stretched one of the holes so the inserts won't stay in place when I put the skate on, so that sock is basically useless now. I hope in future they use a more durable material for that or make it out if some type of cloth or something less brittle because I really didn't put much pressure on it when it stretched.

I can always count on this forum to get me to want to spend more money. BTW they have a code they'll send you (from twitter) for 26% off.

I use these in a pair of ccm u10 skates that i was having some heel lift in. After mich tinkering i ended up with just the 2mm on the outside of the foot. Anytime i put the pad in the inside of the foot i feel like it sat too high and then i would get incredible ankle pain. Working great now