Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2014 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/174-2014-bauer-hockey-catalogue/

Facial remains unchanged for most part, however there are a few new models - bringing back the shield/cage combo in the Hybrid. Also, the Profile II is a new face mask for 2014 - for those who prefer the flat face (580) style, however, with oval bars. Will come in I2, silver, black and white and will retail for $40. 9900 and 5100 cages are gone.

Since I am not at home and do not have my laptop, I cannot DL the catalogue for whatever reason (on wife's iPad). So, is Bauer updating its hybrid visor/ cage combo, or is this going to continue to be the newest rendition for the next 6 months- 1 year?

http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Hybrid_Shield/itm/15003-2/?mtx_id=0

You didn't need the catalogue to read that...

I remember seeing the Hybrid for sale in May 2013 when I first started looking at gear as I was making my comeback. So, I am confused- if the Hybrid was available in 2013, then how is this a comeback in 2014? Then when go to the Bauer website, they just list the "Deluxe" cage, which seems to be the older version of the Hybrid/ same concept? Maybe I was looking at the Deluxe last year.

Just trying to figure out what's what, and I just want the latest and greatest anti-fog if I am gonna try to make a switch to a visor.

Regardless, I am almost certain to give this hybrid a shot. What's the best anti- fog for his visor (/cage)?I see all sorts of sprays and wipes, not sure which way to go.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 1

HI JR,

I am trying to find a helmet that fits similar to the 9900. Both my two younger sons need helmets and fit 9900 helmets perfectly but I haven't been able to find another helmet that replaces it. I did read somewhere on this topic that the new Re-Akt 100 fits similar to the 9900. Is this accurate?

HI JR,

I am trying to find a helmet that fits similar to the 9900. Both my two younger sons need helmets and fit 9900 helmets perfectly but I haven't been able to find another helmet that replaces it. I did read somewhere on this topic that the new Re-Akt 100 fits similar to the 9900. Is this accurate?

Why not try them on in the store?

I thought the Reakt 100 fits wider at the temples than the 9900.

At the same time, fit is subjective on head shape. Anecdotes from a few people for or against a similar fit doesn't mean your son won't fit into them just fine.

If you don't need a helmet immediately, waiting until mid/late AUG will simply give you another high end option to try on.

Edited by AIREAYE

I remember seeing the Hybrid for sale in May 2013 when I first started looking at gear as I was making my comeback. So, I am confused- if the Hybrid was available in 2013, then how is this a comeback in 2014? Then when go to the Bauer website, they just list the "Deluxe" cage, which seems to be the older version of the Hybrid/ same concept? Maybe I was looking at the Deluxe last year.

Just trying to figure out what's what, and I just want the latest and greatest anti-fog if I am gonna try to make a switch to a visor.

Regardless, I am almost certain to give this hybrid a shot. What's the best anti- fog for his visor (/cage)?I see all sorts of sprays and wipes, not sure which way to go.

The Deluxe is the one with the better optics. The hybrid has the Concept 3 top and cage bottom.

Silly question do anyone know if the apx2 LE color scheme will be available on mybauer cause i use the p08 and i think its not available on the apx2 le

No problem!

They look fantastic by the way. I have a bunch of them (and X80 LEs) in my store. More silver/chrome than white.

I bought a pair of One.8 pants (the girdle/shell combo, similar to the higher end model), but didn't care for them.

However, I was in Monkey today and looked at the Nexus pants. I'm currently in One60s and love them but they have some cuts in them and I want to replace them. I know the Nexus 600 is basically the same as the old One60s, except for one big difference: they use the chunkier plastic zippers on the legs (similar to Reebok pants). Well done, Bauer! Those never catch like the small metal zippers do :)

I just need to see if I can make a small modification when I buy them. I'd like to have the abdominal pad attached to the kidney pads with elastic, similar to the way I think it's the warrior pants are. Otherwise it flops down.

The Deluxe is the one with the better optics. The hybrid has the Concept 3 top and cage bottom.

Is there an Option for Titanium for The Cage bottom?

Would also love to hear about best practise / tips to get The maximun out of it (no fog, other helmets that fit nicely ...)

No chippa apparently Bauer is releasing a new pattern at retail on the mx3, so I was curious if it would get introduced into the already existing lines