Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

CCM V10 Helmet- Mask?

Others will fit it. My son has the CCM V08 and he uses a Reebok mask with it. Don't like the looks of the CCM cages.

The fact that I can't keep 580s on the shelf long enough would say that your sentiments aren't shared with a lot of people. :)

The fact that I can't keep 580s on the shelf long enough would say that your sentiments aren't shared with a lot of people. :)

It is a personal opinion. I like the looks of the Reebok FM5K better than the CCM 580.

I had a Reebok cage, and switched to a FM580. I couldn't stand the fixed chin cup. I really like the FM580 in white.

I use a V10 btw. Both cages fit fine.

I'm using a medium FM580 (white) on my V10 and love it.

Cage comes down nice and low so it covers up anywhere a puck might deflect upwards, vision is great after a shift or two. My only complaint is that out of the packaging, the chin cup likes to twist itself in a way that sits in front of my mouth. Easy to fix, just annoying at first

Agreed that the FM580 works and looks great on the V10. One of the best combos out there for the adolescent or older players.

One interesting thing to note however - if you actually pay attention to the instructions that come with the 580 (who reads instructions for masks right?) you'll note that CCM only certifies the fit as standards compliant with the V10 if you mount the front two clips so that the loops that hold the mask are at the top.

Mounted this way, the mask is well up on the helmet, and the chin guard setup (which is a floating cup that sits a bit off of the chin area of the mask) lines up well if you match the right size mask to the helmet size and face size of the player.

I see more 580's mounted 'incorrectly' (according to the instructions that come with it) than correctly, and I think for people that think the FM580 doesn't work or the chin cup doesn't seem to sit right I'd be willing to bet many of them have it installed with the front clips hanging down instead of up.

Sorry if this is not clear - this is the clip I'm talking about, and this is the orientation that the CCM instructions specify for mounting on the V10: http://img.inlinewarehouse.com/new_product/HHC-C3-1.jpg

Colin

I'm having trouble finding a V10 myself. I need a new helmet and I was hoping to find a black medium, but no such luck locally or online. I can get the cage easy enough.

I'm using a medium FM580 (white) on my V10 and love it.

Cage comes down nice and low so it covers up anywhere a puck might deflect upwards, vision is great after a shift or two. My only complaint is that out of the packaging, the chin cup likes to twist itself in a way that sits in front of my mouth. Easy to fix, just annoying at first

How did you fix it? I've yet to find a way to keep it from twisting around

Agreed that the FM580 works and looks great on the V10. One of the best combos out there for the adolescent or older players.

One interesting thing to note however - if you actually pay attention to the instructions that come with the 580 (who reads instructions for masks right?) you'll note that CCM only certifies the fit as standards compliant with the V10 if you mount the front two clips so that the loops that hold the mask are at the top.

Mounted this way, the mask is well up on the helmet, and the chin guard setup (which is a floating cup that sits a bit off of the chin area of the mask) lines up well if you match the right size mask to the helmet size and face size of the player.

I see more 580's mounted 'incorrectly' (according to the instructions that come with it) than correctly, and I think for people that think the FM580 doesn't work or the chin cup doesn't seem to sit right I'd be willing to bet many of them have it installed with the front clips hanging down instead of up.

Sorry if this is not clear - this is the clip I'm talking about, and this is the orientation that the CCM instructions specify for mounting on the V10: http://img.inlinewarehouse.com/new_product/HHC-C3-1.jpg

Colin

Interesting. I find it funny that we have to go as far as putting in writing on the packaging "it's only compliant if you buy the one that fits and you don't hang your f-ing cage". I didn't bother reading the tags on my v10/fm06 combo so I may have missed such entertaining warnings.

Personally I think cages, chin cups, and straps have been long due for a rethinking of design. When you have the majority of users intentionally misusing and misfitting a product (in order to achieve sick hang) there's a combination of technological, cultural, and regulatory changes that have to be looked at to find ways that encourage proper fit and adjustment. Starting with the design of cages or chin cups is probably not a bad idea.

How did you fix it? I've yet to find a way to keep it from twisting around

i just twisted it in the opposite direction, and wedged it against the cage to keep it there in the position. it'll pull the memory out of the strap and start to straighten out.

sorry to bring this up again but I just recieved my medium fm580 for my medium V08. I too noticed it said I should put the top clips facing down but then the chin cup acts as a mouthguard.

Also does anyone have any tips to mount it symetrically. I have the top clips at the same spots on their respective bars but it seems one side is closer to the jclips while the other is barely lined up with them. If I slide it over to one side it doesnt change.