Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjm305

Kreps Curve

I know that I have read topics about this on these forums before making an account but I found nothing in the search bar, so here it goes...

What retail options are available that mimic the pro stock "Kreps" curve? I know Easton makes the new E28 blade that is supposed to be pretty close, but I had a total one pro stock Tootoo from his Nashville days with the real Kreps and now that the blade is snapped, the retail Warrior Gionta curvesare close but they leave me wanting that glorious Kreps-ness... haha. Especially in regards to the toe shape and how it is kinda shaved underneath.

2v8s6eg.jpg

I know Easton makes the new E28 blade that is supposed to be pretty close,

It's not just pretty close, it's the exact same curve. As of right now at retail, E28 and W28 Yakupov by Warrior are available, along with Base offering the curve on their sticks, not sure what their pattern designation is though.

Here's my retail E28 blade for comparison I pulled out of a broken Mako2 stick

IMG_5268_zpse5c93b45.jpg

IMG_5267_zps764e1896.jpg

It's not just pretty close, it's the exact same curve. As of right now at retail, E28 and W28 Yakupov by Warrior are available, along with Base offering the curve on their sticks, not sure what their pattern designation is though.

I think the closest curve from Base was the "Scooter" curve, but it's only available in RH. For lefties, I think the closest Base offers currently is the BC01 Hossa or the BC10 Russell (but even those aren't perfect kreps clones).

I think the closest curve from Base was the "Scooter" curve, but it's only available in RH. For lefties, I think the closest Base offers currently is the BC01 Hossa or the BC10 Russell (but even those aren't perfect kreps clones).

Yeah the BC01 is basically just a flat curve with a hook on the end.

Is the Yakupov going to be continued? Warrior seems to only offer it on a couple of sticks and it hasnt been listed along with the rest of the blad pattern descriptions as of yet...

Is the Yakupov going to be continued? Warrior seems to only offer it on a couple of sticks and it hasnt been listed along with the rest of the blad pattern descriptions as of yet...

I've called around to so many different retailers, and all of them said they couldn't get me the stick i wanted in the w28 yakupov curve. It was really annoying.

Personally, I think that they should discontinue this pattern if they're not going to make it readily available anyways. As it is, it's just a giant tease.

It really is... In the brand new line up of sticks listed on their site, they only offer the Yakupov curve on like 2/10... Ridiculous.

IMG_5268_zpse5c93b45.jpg

IMG_5267_zps764e1896.jpg

How did you pull it out of the mako? can u post pictures please?

The TC3 isn't like kreps, it's straight with a hook at the toe. I didn't see the TC1 left in person to compare it, there was only the right one at the local shop...

To shed some light here, I now own two w28 sticks, and have 4 mako 2 pro stock e28 replacement blades. E28 and w28 are different. While it is a slight difference, it was huge to me

What feels different about them?

Also, can you do some side by side shots of the lie of the e28 and w28 with any other common patterns? The heel looked really high compared to the 5 they were saying it's supposed to be, but I didn't take pictures of that when I was looking at the two in the store a few weeks back.

To shed some light here, I now own two w28 sticks, and have 4 mako 2 pro stock e28 replacement blades. E28 and w28 are different. While it is a slight difference, it was huge to me

Can you snap a picture of the w28 next to the e28? I'm interested to see what the difference is, my LHS doesn't have both of them to compare

I can, but you wont really be able to tell the difference from pictures. It took me playing with both for around an hour to really pinpoint it, but the main thing is that the lie is different between the two. The w28 retail version has higher angle lie, and the pro stock e28 blades I bought seem to be a lower angle lie. Should just be a matter of adjustment, but it threw me for a loop initially.

How low are the e28 blades you have compared to other common patterns? What were you using before?

I can, but you wont really be able to tell the difference from pictures. It took me playing with both for around an hour to really pinpoint it, but the main thing is that the lie is different between the two. The w28 retail version has higher angle lie, and the pro stock e28 blades I bought seem to be a lower angle lie. Should just be a matter of adjustment, but it threw me for a loop initially.

Allright, thanks, so the only question now is wether the prostock e28 is the same as the retail version

By how low, do you mean how short? They have a pretty uniform height across the entire blade and then a shaved pointier rounded toe. Prett comparable to blade height tho.

And as for whether pro stock is the same as retail, if we could get an easton rep to help us out that would be nifty. Haha. They are Mako II standard replacement blades which aren't offered at retail with the e28 curve, but the white spec sticker on the blade says NHL spec, and on the hosel, under the glue, they have are branded "E28". It very well could be slightly different lie, but I bought 4 from the same team sale and they were unused, but taped very differently.

I'll post pictures of the blades and shafts tonight. Hopefully someone can read the branding or the shaft codes and figure out if these were like a promotional batch or something that might make them different from retail as far as the curve goes

How low are the e28 blades you have compared to other common patterns? What were you using before?

By how low, do you mean how short? They have a pretty uniform height across the entire blade and then a shaved pointier rounded toe. Prett comparable to blade height tho.

I think he means how low the lie is compared to other common patterns

So I just made it home between classes and to be fair to myself, I bought these blades and the two v9e shafts literally 20 minutes before a game so I didn't have time to properly look. I apparently fooled myself when I was trying to read the branding through the glue. They are Easton x127 curves. That would be why the lie is different, and why I had thought "e28" was that much of a difference from the w28.

My foot has been officially inserted into my mouth and I definitely feel like an idiot because the x127 is obviously on one of the stickers and they are also mako m5 blades as well. Sorry for the confusion, but here are pictures anyways...

16gk0hx.jpg

v5v904.jpg

fddlbq.jpg

1zy8wme.jpg

So the new question becomes, does anyone have any idea what the x127/8 curve translate to?

111im29.jpg

I think he means how low the lie is compared to other common patterns

Exactly.

I can see how you thought it was e28, those are very very close.