Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Question about Jersey Sizing (what do the numbers mean: 52,54,56, etc.)

Does anyone know how the sizing on these jerseys runs?

LINK REMOVED

I have a couple of XL CCM jerseys from when I was a kid, and they are pretty tight on me when I wear my shoulders and elbows. I am not sure if they have shrunk or what. I have another XL jersey that I got about 20 years ago that fits pretty well. And my XL team jersey that I just got (made in Thailand by someone that has nothing to do with NHL jerseys) is perfect, but I am told that these jerseys run large (so it is really like an XXL).

So, does anyone know what the 52 and 54 stand for, in XL and XXL, for these Quebec Nordiques jerseys? I figure it is obviously inches, right?, but from where to where? At 6'2, 215 lbs, I know I am XL or XXL. I figure I can use my team jersey as my guide, and then match it up with whatever these numbers mean, to figure my jersey size.

The numbers are European sizing.

I have a throwback Winnipeg one in size XL, it runs quite large but with short sleeves.

Okay after looking further I'm not pretty sure, I'm certain that site is a fake jersey site. You will not find an authentic Reebok jersey with names/numbers at the prices they're offering them at. The other give away is they sell authentic Reeboks in a size 50, which does not exist on real jerseys. On top of that, that Nordiques jersey you pointed out would have been a CCM Vintage release from a year or two back and those were never made as authentics, only replicas. If you want a fake, that's fine but you can find them for a hell of a lot less money than they're paying. I've seen fake Reeboks go as low as $40 a jersey on some sites so look around. I highly suggest avoid the fake market all together and get the real deal, you'll be much happier in the long run and the thing won't fall apart after you wash it a handful of times.

Anyway, at your height and weight you'd probably need a 54 in a Reebok Edge jersey, or a 56 if you like them to run bigger. I

Okay after looking further I'm not pretty sure, I'm certain that site is a fake jersey site. You will not find an authentic Reebok jersey with names/numbers at the prices they're offering them at. The other give away is they sell authentic Reeboks in a size 50, which does not exist on real jerseys. On top of that, that Nordiques jersey you pointed out would have been a CCM Vintage release from a year or two back and those were never made as authentics, only replicas. If you want a fake, that's fine but you can find them for a hell of a lot less money than they're paying. I've seen fake Reeboks go as low as $40 a jersey on some sites so look around. I highly suggest avoid the fake market all together and get the real deal, you'll be much happier in the long run and the thing won't fall apart after you wash it a handful of times.

Anyway, at your height and weight you'd probably need a 54 in a Reebok Edge jersey, or a 56 if you like them to run bigger. I

I did find it rather peculiar that the site listed the Hartford Whalers and the Quebec Nordiques as teams, but the site seemed "legitimate enough" to inquire about (I have not placed an order). So, I did a little further research, and went through NHL.com, and they do not list these teams in the "Shop by Team" section, so it would seem like a fake site. I would have thought that the policy enforcement agents would be quickly nabbing counterfeiters (if these guys are making fakes), but who knows?

I did find it rather peculiar that the site listed the Hartford Whalers and the Quebec Nordiques as teams, but the site seemed "legitimate enough" to inquire about (I have not placed an order). So, I did a little further research, and went through NHL.com, and they do not list these teams in the "Shop by Team" section, so it would seem like a fake site. I would have thought that the policy enforcement agents would be quickly nabbing counterfeiters (if these guys are making fakes), but who knows?

The fake market is huge and generally these sites run out of China which makes it hard to impossible for our people to do anything. The fact that when you go to the contact page it's just a generic box to input a message is another red flag. I'd avoid ordering from there. Like I said, if you want to go the fake route you can find these for almost $100+ cheaper, but I'd avoid the counterfeit market at any cost if it were my money.

The fake market is huge and generally these sites run out of China which makes it hard to impossible for our people to do anything. The fact that when you go to the contact page it's just a generic box to input a message is another red flag. I'd avoid ordering from there. Like I said, if you want to go the fake route you can find these for almost $100+ cheaper, but I'd avoid the counterfeit market at any cost if it were my money.

No interest in counterfeit- I have had a couple of my jerseys since I was in 6th grade (1986 or so), and thus appreciate the real stuff. These jerseys of mine look old, but the material has held together exceptionally well.

Does anyone know how the sizing on these jerseys runs?

LINK REMOVED

I have a couple of XL CCM jerseys from when I was a kid, and they are pretty tight on me when I wear my shoulders and elbows. I am not sure if they have shrunk or what. I have another XL jersey that I got about 20 years ago that fits pretty well. And my XL team jersey that I just got (made in Thailand by someone that has nothing to do with NHL jerseys) is perfect, but I am told that these jerseys run large (so it is really like an XXL).

So, does anyone know what the 52 and 54 stand for, in XL and XXL, for these Quebec Nordiques jerseys? I figure it is obviously inches, right?, but from where to where? At 6'2, 215 lbs, I know I am XL or XXL. I figure I can use my team jersey as my guide, and then match it up with whatever these numbers mean, to figure my jersey size.

To answer your question, it is the circumference in inches. So if you were to lay the jersey flat, measure from side to side across the chest, and measured 25 inches across that would be a 50 inch jersey. Having said that, you still can somehow get variation from company to company (I guess they use different size inches).

No interest in counterfeit- I have had a couple of my jerseys since I was in 6th grade (1986 or so), and thus appreciate the real stuff. These jerseys of mine look old, but the material has held together exceptionally well.

It's a good move, I bought one a few years back just to see what they were like, after a few washes the dyes started fading really bad and the stitching started coming apart. I've been collecting since I got my first one in middle school, I have CCM jerseys from the 90's that still look and feel brand new. I know authentic cost an arm and a leg but they my guess is you could keep the thing a life time and it will still look great.

To answer your question, it is the circumference in inches. So if you were to lay the jersey flat, measure from side to side across the chest, and measured 25 inches across that would be a 50 inch jersey. Having said that, you still can somehow get variation from company to company (I guess they use different size inches).

That's what it used to be, when Reebok went to the Edge the cut became a bit more form fit so that's not totally an accurate number anymore. You can still somewhat go by that but you need to lop off about an inch or two depending on the team.

It's a good move, I bought one a few years back just to see what they were like, after a few washes the dyes started fading really bad and the stitching started coming apart. I've been collecting since I got my first one in middle school, I have CCM jerseys from the 90's that still look and feel brand new. I know authentic cost an arm and a leg but they my guess is you could keep the thing a life time and it will still look great.

That's what it used to be, when Reebok went to the Edge the cut became a bit more form fit so that's not totally an accurate number anymore. You can still somewhat go by that but you need to lop off about an inch or two depending on the team.

The numbers are usually more relevant than the letter sizing - 25" across is still 25" across, but what each company defines as L/XL/XXL/whatever seems to vary. For example, with the jerseys my league has, an XXL is a 50-52, which is the same as a CCM's Large. There's some variation with type of fabric, the "give" in the fabric, weight, etc, which is why it's often a range number (50-52, 52-54, etc). (this happens in regular clothing, too). RBK's size chart says the authentic 52 is 27" across, which corresponds to a large (27.5") in their premier jerseys.

I'm looking at some Ebay auctions and want to get my first authentic NHL jersey. I'm 5'2" and 125 lb. The medium Reebok Premier jersey seems to fit over my gear okay. What would my size be in CCM Authentic and Reebok Edge Authentic if I wear it over gear? 46? 48?

I'm looking at some Ebay auctions and want to get my first authentic NHL jersey. I'm 5'2" and 125 lb. The medium Reebok Premier jersey seems to fit over my gear okay. What would my size be in CCM Authentic and Reebok Edge Authentic if I wear it over gear? 46? 48?

Take one of your existing jerseys and measure from armpit to armpit and multiply by two to get your size.

Reebok Edge jerseys do not come in 48. If you see size 48, it's a fake.

But the CCM authentic jerseys come in size 48 apparently. I'm looking at some of the old authentic jerseys as well.

Yes, anything pre-Edge will come in 48. I find these jerseys fit bigger since the arms aren't cut as small.

Anyone know if Martin St. Louis wears a 54 2.0?

Every Martin St. Louis NHL gamer I've seen is size 52 (both Edge and pre-Edge). His team Canada jerseys are 56.