Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2014 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

If you like custom franchises you should get them now. They will be removed from the customizer in 1-2 months.

Warrior is moving all custom gloves overseas. They will be made by a factory that also makes Mizuno and Rawlings gloves.

Customs will be available for the ax1/ax2 and covert dt1/dt2. They will also be shipped at set dates, so you could end up waiting a few months for your gloves even if they're already made. Also if it's not on the customizer you're not likely to get it anymore. In the past you could request different cuffs, mods, etc in the comment box and you might haven gotten it. This will no longer be the case. Warrior is/was losing money on customs.

Not sure if the losing money thing is exclusive to Warrior, but from everything I've been hearing, it doesn't sound like holding my breath waiting for one of the other brands to toss their hat into the custom glove ring is gonna payoff. Guess I'll have to make-do with taking fabric paint markers to a pair of white gloves or something.

Not sure if the losing money thing is exclusive to Warrior, but from everything I've been hearing, it doesn't sound like holding my breath waiting for one of the other brands to toss their hat into the custom glove ring is gonna payoff.

From some reports on S2K it looks as if Eagle is stepping up to the challenge.

From some reports on S2K it looks as if Eagle is stepping up to the challenge.

Yeah, I've considered that route, but unfortunately, no dealers nearby carry any Eagle gloves for me to try on. The Talons looked tempting, but I've heard that the finger splits have been uncomfortable for some and I'm not willing to shell out that kind of cash for gloves sight unseen.

On a more topic-relevant note, I'm willing to wait and see what changes are made to the Warrior customizer. Right now, the problem I have with them is twofold: 1. I can't quite color the gloves the way I'd like and 2. neither of the two gloves (the Franchise and the Creeper) on the customizer fit me. I'll try on a pair of the AX1s when they come out and the Covert DT1s (haven't tried them yet, although those palms kinda scare me a bit) and see if either would work for me. If one of them does and I can color one up the way I like, I'll gladly pull the trigger on a pair. If not, no deal.

Gloves - new line in the Dynasty; as previously mentioned, Franchise has been retired. The AX1 is a 4-roll glove, however, the overall shape of the glove is different - gone is that boxy shape. The glove tends to wrap around from one end to another instead of being segmented blocks from the rolls to the middle of the glove to the top of the thumb. Not only that, it's very protective - every segment of the glove has padding - including the cuff, which is a Kovalchuk-esque cuff. Bone System is also present in the AX1. The outer of the glove is a cable knit, with nubuck in key areas (pinky stripe.)

The palm is Clarino (the finger area is dotted) with mesh gussets (which have a spongy feel to them) and ribs in the top corner of the palm for grip. It also will come in a 13.5.

One thing though - this is the CLEANEST glove I've ever seen. Seriously - there's absolutely ZERO excess material on the glove - it's all tucked underneath, completely seamless. Very impressed - just looked at 5 pair of top-end gloves here and every individual segment of padding has excess material past the stitch.

JR very nice write up and informativebout the butt. I do have questions.though (of course)

-when you say it wraps other them being boxy do you mean it has a contour over the top from thumb to pinky instead of being straight across?

- is the overall fit, besides what you mentioned, the same as the non-narrow franchise? I hope so as it was the only glove I found that fit my fat wide hand without being long in the fingers. Before I always had to go up to 14" (luxe and covert gloves only fit me in 14 as well) and the fingers would get caught on the stick if I tried to take my bottom hand off and would fold under when I needed to put it back on. If it's not as wide, I'm hoping maybe the 13.5 will fill that gap.

- a kovy-esq cuff? Do go on! I'm hoping it's like the kovalchuk on the back of the hand/wrist as the normal franchise cuff really didn't allow you to bend your hand back without it hitting your wrist and stopping. The bottom of the wrist has been fine with me.

- when you say padding all over does that mean on the outside of the pinky as well, one gripe about the franchise is that there is no padding on the pinky side .

- as a graphic design person why is the warrior cuff logo much smaller than the past warrior gloves? It seems almost too small of the glove. Usually marketing wants the names as large as it can be (look at 70s fenders and Gibson guitar headstones) or is warrior trying to go in a different direction with it's image?

- will that "clean build" quality translate to what we see on the shelf? And it kind of brings up another question is this done for weight and how is the glove on that front?

- any exact release dates/price point/ customized update times or are we looking at roughly 2-3 months for everything?

Thank you.

Edited by Souldriver

JR very nice write up and informativebout the butt. I do have questions.though (of course)

-when you say it wraps other them being boxy do you mean it has a contour over the top from thumb to pinky instead of being straight across?

- is the overall fit, besides what you mentioned, the same as the non-narrow franchise? I hope so as it was the only glove I found that fit my fat wide hand without being long in the fingers. Before I always had to go up to 14" (luxe and covert gloves only fit me in 14 as well) and the fingers would get caught on the stick if I tried to take my bottom hand off and would fold under when I needed to put it back on. If it's not as wide, I'm hoping maybe the 13.5 will fill that gap.

- a kovy-esq cuff? Do go on! I'm hoping it's like the kovalchuk on the back of the hand/wrist as the normal franchise cuff really didn't allow you to bend your hand back without it hitting your wrist and stopping. The bottom of the wrist has been fine with me.

- when you say padding all over does that mean on the outside of the pinky as well, one gripe about the franchise is that there is no padding on the pinky side .

- as a graphic design person why is the warrior cuff logo much smaller than the past warrior gloves? It seems almost too small of the glove. Usually marketing wants the names as large as it can be (look at 70s fenders and Gibson guitar headstones) or is warrior trying to go in a different direction with it's image?

- will that "clean build" quality translate to what we see on the shelf? And it kind of brings up another question is this done for weight and how is the glove on that front?

- any exact release dates/price point/ customized update times or are we looking at roughly 2-3 months for everything?

Thank you.

also if you got them powerball numbers for tonight that would be helpful as well =)

Well Stewie wouldn't this be the place to ask and part of the reason why the MHS leaders go to these things. I know the details are plenty and in depth but with the franchises also getting taken away with it's customization options mostly not being carried over it would be good to know.

Ps i know you're joking but I stil want to defend myself.

Edited by Souldriver

Souldriver I'm not trying to be rude or anything but if you just download the catalogue and actually look at the pictures of the gloves you'll have most of your answers.

So if you place a custom order right now where will the gloves be made? Do you have to have store order them for you or does warrior offer a direct option?

Have to go through an authorized Warrior retailer. Sounds like for the moment they're still being made in a North American plant, but that will change at some point. If you want custom Franchise's you should order sooner rather than later.

Thanks. Are there any preferred retailers that are worth contacting or is it best to just go into like my local total hockey?

Best place to start is where you normally go for your gear, unless you're unhappy with them for some reason or they're not a Warrior retailer.

Haha well I like them for the most part because they're close to me but I'm mad at them for their inconsistent sharpening service.

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

I only see gloves and bags listed as options. I hope that doesn't mean that custom sticks will no longer be offered and it's just a case of a temp page being put up while the full customizer, including sticks, is updated.

when does the Warrior gear hit retail? Havent seen much yet.

The new axlt line is already it some retailers

Warrior doesn't have the best booking program, so I know a decent amount of retailers that wait until closer until season to get product in.

Its worth the wait though, I like the new gloves (not as much as franchises, but, nothing will compare to those) and the QR1 sticks are amazing. Next season I'd expect to see Warrior gear in sooner some places as they will probably have an all new protective line.

Edited by raganblink

Sign in to follow this