Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty AX1ST/LT Stick Lineup

Weight and balance are very good. I'm using the W05/Granlund curve, which is a big retail pattern in terms of size and I did not find the stick to be blade heavy at all. As light as any other top end OPS on the market except for the EK15.

I am shooting the puck slightly better with the AX1LT than I am with my pro stock Easton V9E (which I really like). Easy load and release on wristers, excellent velocity with snapshots and slapshots, and all with accuracy.

Great puck feel in my opinion. For me, better than the AX1, which was also very good.

Warrior didn't lie when they said this was this best stick ever. I am really enjoying this stick so far. The only thing left that needs to be solidified for the AX1LT is that of durability, and I am closely approaching the one month mark of putting this stick through some intense physical use, and sometimes, abuse.

Thanks for the response, exactly what I was looking for.

Recently picked up the AX1 ST - Been using a TO NXG for a while and found the transition period to be minimal (P88 Kane vs W88 Zett - very similar curves)
Another masterpiece by Warrior IMO.

Recently picked up the AX1 ST - Been using a TO NXG for a while and found the transition period to be minimal (P88 Kane vs W88 Zett - very similar curves)

Another masterpiece by Warrior IMO.

Notice any drawbacks/negatives in terms of the weight difference? (Blade heavy?) I believe there's about a 30g weight difference.

Finally got to use my AX1LT - the biggest thing for me, coming from the original Dynasty, was if it would load better on wrist/snap shots, which I really struggled with on the original due to the stiffness. That problem has been solved, and power shots are just disgusting with it.

Notice any drawbacks/negatives in terms of the weight difference? (Blade heavy?) I believe there's about a 30g weight difference.

I do notice a bit of a weight difference b/t the TO NXG and AX1 ST where the NXG feels a bit lighter - but only a slight bit lighter IMO. However, the AX1 ST is very well balanced out (ie: not blade heavy at all) to the point that I do not notice that weight difference during game play.

I really like the weight of this stick - it is just right IMO. Puck feel is excellent, and to JR's comment above...powershots are disgusting indeed!

I do notice a bit of a weight difference b/t the TO NXG and AX1 ST where the NXG feels a bit lighter - but only a slight bit lighter IMO. However, the AX1 ST is very well balanced out (ie: not blade heavy at all) to the point that I do not notice that weight difference during game play.

I really like the weight of this stick - it is just right IMO. Puck feel is excellent, and to JR's comment above...powershots are disgusting indeed!

Great feedback, thanks.

Now the only real question is, whether to go with the LT or ST? Hmmm.....

Great feedback, thanks.

Now the only real question is, whether to go with the LT or ST? Hmmm.....

I can't really speak to how an LT plays but just based on the specs - in addition to the different colour packages of each respective stick, the difference is a high fuse (ST) vs. a low fuse (LT) point. IIRC, the LT is ever so slightly lighter as well.....but IMO if you like mid-kick sticks, and want to try the new Dynasty, the ST or LT will both do you no wrong (although I can not speak to the durability as of yet....but so far so good!!).

Finally got to use my AX1LT - the biggest thing for me, coming from the original Dynasty, was if it would load better on wrist/snap shots, which I really struggled with on the original due to the stiffness. That problem has been solved, and power shots are just disgusting with it.

Nice to see that the AX1LT is "disgusting". That's good right?

Are the 2 pieces carried over from last year with the old tech based on what I'm seeing in the catalog? Having a hell of a time finding a RH Kovalev/Granlund AX1T blade and I imagine its primarily due to most shops waiting for their spring orders (if they even ordered them at all).

Are the 2 pieces carried over from last year with the old tech based on what I'm seeing in the catalog? Having a hell of a time finding a RH Kovalev/Granlund AX1T blade and I imagine its primarily due to most shops waiting for their spring orders (if they even ordered them at all).

Dynasty Shaft/Blade have not changed for 2014.

Dealers may be waiting for their bookings to arrive (April/May) ... but they can also special order for you if we have stock.

Anyone care to compare the AX1 to the AX1LT? I'm sure the AX1LT is great, but I'm on a budget right now, and I can get the AX1 for $100 less. Does it load up the same? The biggest problem I had with the original Dynasty was that it felt SO STIFF. (like what JR mentioned earlier). I had a 75 flex, but it felt like an 85-90.....

Anyone care to compare the AX1 to the AX1LT? I'm sure the AX1LT is great, but I'm on a budget right now, and I can get the AX1 for $100 less. Does it load up the same? The biggest problem I had with the original Dynasty was that it felt SO STIFF. (like what JR mentioned earlier). I had a 75 flex, but it felt like an 85-90.....

The AX1 LT is much easier to flex than the original AX1. It has pretty much the same flex profile (mid/high), but the AX1 plays much stiffer. You will like the feel of the LT.

Resurrecting this for question:

Can anyone compare an AX1LT to a Nexus 8000? I bought a 8000 77 flex and it's too stiff (cut down to the 84 line), where as a Nexus 1000 the same length was flexible enough. The Int. Nexus 8000 is only 57" meaning I would have to put a extension in. So I decided to consider a Dynasty because the 75 flex should stay that way even after cut because of their free cut zone. Is the flex profile the same or similar? Or is the AX1LT closer to a TO NXG with the amplified kick? I don't take many power shots, so that amplified kick for the booming slapper doesn't really suit my game. A low kick is probably better for me, but I never liked the APX2. It just didn't feel right, almost dead without much pop (though it was probably too stiff also). Maybe I should try a QR1? How does Warrior's low/mid kick profiles compare to each other and to Bauer's?

I've changed from playing wing to defense & am looking for a decent 'slap-shot' stick now. My current stick is an old esquire, I used my DT3LT 75flex when playing up front but that's my spare as I'm not sure that the low-kick is suitable for slapshots. I'm still learning to slapshot so any help with choosing between this or possibly CCM's Tacks sticks would be much appreciated.

How is the AX1LT looking as far as durability goes?

Many thanks in advance

I found the durability to be good. I used mine 5 nights a week for 3 months before I snapped it when I got the blade stuck in the Zamboni doors.

My son has had 2 AX1LT's and loves the feel, but the blade has badly broken down and delaminated on both. He plays center so I assume faceoffs are the problem. The toe gets shredded pretty quickly. Going to have to switch to a QR1 or take out a new mortgage :wink:

I've changed from playing wing to defense & am looking for a decent 'slap-shot' stick now. My current stick is an old esquire, I used my DT3LT 75flex when playing up front but that's my spare as I'm not sure that the low-kick is suitable for slapshots. I'm still learning to slapshot so any help with choosing between this or possibly CCM's Tacks sticks would be much appreciated.

How is the AX1LT looking as far as durability goes?

Many thanks in advance

People say that mid kick sticks are better for "power" shots or whatever that means but I know plenty of guys that can get a bomb of a slap shot off with a low-kick stick, and have a lightning quick release with a mid-kick stick. Its more what is comfortable for you and works for your shooting motion above any sort of marketing jargon.

Has anyone had any experience with the Dynasty Pro Ax SL stick yet? I saw that it recently came out and it looks like it incorporates some of the upcoming tech from Warrior for the HD1 stick.

Has anyone had any experience with the Dynasty Pro Ax SL stick yet? I saw that it recently came out and it looks like it incorporates some of the upcoming tech from Warrior for the HD1 stick.

The Pro AX SL does not have tech from the Dynasty HD line.

Keith, I'm still waiting to hear more about this new W16 Karlsson curve you guys hinted at a couple months ago!

Looking into the Warrior sticks and notice a slight difference in price from these two models. I noticed the weight of the pro is less and seems to not have the extra coating on the blade. However has that Bauer style wrap up the shaft on the pro. Is there a big difference in feel, performance, characteristics of the two?

Warrior Dynasty AX1 ST Warrior Dynasty Pro AX SL