Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fishing1

Top 5 sticks you ever had

1. TPS XN10

2. Nike Bauer ONE95

3. OG Warrior Dolomite

4. Bauer Tri-Flex Gold shaft with a ONE90 blade

5. Bauer Nexus 1000...took a little bit to get used to, but was an awesome stick when I did.

4. Bauer Tri-Flex Gold shaft with a ONE90 blade

I found one of those when I was cleaning the other day. It's the only standard shaft that I still own.

Custom Branches Wood

Custom Vic Wood

Easton Ultralite with Branches blades

Louisville XN10

CCM U+ CL. My current crop of pro returns, the flex and curve is perfect after I add an inch or so to get them to the perfect length.

Shafts(in no order):

1. R2XN10 - Amazing pop on that stick

2. Tapered one95 - great pop on those

3. Dolomite polarfibre - durable, great feel in the hands and decent performance...very consistent

4. Redlite CS2 with kevlar - beautiful stick that was durable as hell while maintaining light weight and decent performance. Sadly the only one on this list I don't still have.

5. Mission Flyweight - I've had several but only one I really liked, it feels great in the hands and shoots well

OPS(in no order):

1. One95 - great pop and puck feel

2. Dolomite - durable and decent performance and soo consistent

3. Synergy Elite - SL and SE were amazing sticks, soo much better than the Eastons of the next generations

4. CNT Stealth - This stick just shoots really well

5. TPS R8lite - Great stick, very light and shot well.

Honorable mention to the Miken Gary let me try out(think it was the ZL1), that stick kicked like a mule. Also honorable metion to the Warrior Dolomite Double-D, great stick at a great pricepoint.

I recently picked up an Easton "Stealth" Mako II that I pretty much picked up for the pattern but based on early impressions, it may be the Easton I've been waiting several years for.

what is interesting is that for the most part, peoples top 5 sticks do not seem to contain the newest latest models from the stick manufacturers. Maybe older models are better than todays sticks?

what is interesting is that for the most part, peoples top 5 sticks do not seem to contain the newest latest models from the stick manufacturers. Maybe older models are better than todays sticks?

In my case, my top five are based when I was playing back in the day (25 years ago). I still haven't figured out how to flex the modern stick to my advantage. I am digging my Warrior Evo shaft, but somehow I still can't make it pop. My slap shot these days is embarassing...

Although they were mostly pro stocks with grip, my favorites consist of:

1) Bauer One95

2) Easton S19

3) Bauer Tri-Flex

4) Warrior Dolomite HD

5) Easton Z-Bubble with Bauer KGB Blade :cool:

In no particular order.........

Easton Stealth CNT

Bauer Vapor XXX Lite

TPS R8 Lite

Easton S19/RS2 (pretty much the same stick to me but I guess the same can be said about the CNT and the SE16 )

Easton Synergy SE16

Honorable mention to the APX and the Widow

I found one of those when I was cleaning the other day. It's the only standard shaft that I still own.

That thing was a beast. Was the only standard shaft I ever REALLY liked. The AK-27 was nice, but didn't compare to the TFG. And the ONE90 blade was the perfect compliment to it. The balance was incredible.

Nostalgia goggles.

Some that, some superstition, but mostly it's weight and I preferred shafts. I'm a grown man so I've never become fully engorged when companies come out with a stick that's lighter by some infinitesimal amount.

1: Easton eq50

2: warrior pro stock dolomite

3: Sherwood 7000 wooooood

4: Base savoy special

5: Sherwood t90.

honorable mention to torspo 421. picked it up at total hockey for like 50 bucks for the hell of it and I gotta say its a pretty good twig.

Some that, some superstition, but mostly it's weight and I preferred shafts. I'm a grown man so I've never become fully engorged when companies come out with a stick that's lighter by some infinitesimal amount.

A stick has to promise and deliver an additional 25mph to my slap shot in order for me to get a stiffy over a new stick.

1. Bauer Vapor APX 2
2. Bauer Vapor APX LE
3. Bauer Vapor XX
4. Easton Synergy Grip - Yellow
5. Easton Synergy Si-Core

That thing was a beast. Was the only standard shaft I ever REALLY liked. The AK-27 was nice, but didn't compare to the TFG. And the ONE90 blade was the perfect compliment to it. The balance was incredible.

I think it still has a pro return wood blade. It would probably explode on the first shot.

Nostalgia goggles.

or whatever stick you played the highest level hockey or had the most goals with. old sticks aren't just for shooting pucks, they'll also remind you of times when you were younger, better looking and weighed 10lb less. :ph34r:

or whatever stick you played the highest level hockey or had the most goals with. old sticks aren't just for shooting pucks, they'll also remind you of times when you were younger, better looking and weighed 10lb less. :ph34r:

Right, only 10 lbs ;)