Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amiroo39

Which Pro Carry Bag to get?

Looking to purchase a Pro carry bag and need some advice. Pockets on the inside is a plus, good size (not too big, not too small), and made of high quality materials so hopefully it will last a good while. Here are my choices;

1)Easton Pro Equipment Bag- Sharp looking bag, good size, and has skate pockets on the inside.

2)Eagle Pro Player Equipment Bag- no pockets, but looks like its made of good material.

3)Warrior Pro Hockey Equipment Bag- Very interested in this one, has pockets and is a great looking bag.

4)Bauer Team Premium Large Carry Bag

I went with the Warrior. I like to keep my tape, anti-fog and skate socks orginized so the extra inside pockets is what sold it for me. Tons of different colour options as well. The other main selling point for me was the insane amount of ventilation.

I know a few other guys who bought the Warrior and nobody has had any issues with it.

Warrior Pro Bag if you're looking for something right now. I'd argue its the best stock bag on the market.

Go with a Laurin bag if you can wait a couple weeks for it to be made. You can change all of the options with the bag, from color to liner to what you want on the inside and outside - truly a custom bag. Durability is insane and its made in the USA.

I also got the Warrior Pro Bag and have to say that I am a fan. I was coming from the Easton Pro bag which is thicker/more durable, but the Warrior bag has better pockets and much better ventilation.

I like the Warrior bag's durability, but it depends on your size and what you carry in the bag, because I find it's a little snug once I've got all of my equipment in there.

Other than that, no complaints, really.

I got my current bag from JRZ out of Quebec. They make bags for some pro teams. Just another option to consider. I have been happy with the quality of my bag but its only been about a year so far. The only hitch in dealing with JRZ is that I had to deal with them through email in french. But if you're in Vancouver I'm sure you or someone you know could handle the french.

http://www.jrzhockey.ca/en/accueil.aspx

Warrior Pro Bag if you're looking for something right now. I'd argue its the best stock bag on the market.

Go with a Laurin bag if you can wait a couple weeks for it to be made. You can change all of the options with the bag, from color to liner to what you want on the inside and outside - truly a custom bag. Durability is insane and its made in the USA.

Do you know the average price of these bags? Couldn't find much info on the site.

Do you know the average price of these bags? Couldn't find much info on the site

$89-$99 for the Warriors.

I also got the Warrior Pro Bag and have to say that I am a fan. I was coming from the Easton Pro bag which is thicker/more durable, but the Warrior bag has better pockets and much better ventilation.

The Easton even looks more durable from pictures alone. And it's cheaper too.

Can't seem to find much info on Laurin.

Wanting to stay ($89-$99 for the Warriors) in this price point or less I once again suggest JunkYard. The bags are just what youre looking for.

BTW; I have no affiliation with them, however I searched for a long time before I went with them and happy I did.

$89-$99 for the Warriors.

The Easton even looks more durable from pictures alone. And it's cheaper too.

Can't seem to find much info on Laurin.

google Laurin bags. The Easton is a good bag as well, its up to you on how much you're looking to spend. I prefer the Warrior but haven't had issues with the Easton either from customers.

Do you know the average price of these bags? Couldn't find much info on the site.

Each retailer will charge differently, and more options increase the price, however baseline I would say is $70ish for the HW34 and maxed out with options (or at least with recommend options) you'll be around $90 to $100.

If you look at what gets labeled a "pro" equipment bag, they all have the same basic shape (a squarish/rectangular/blockish bag), no external pockets, no skate pouches on the outside, sleeves & not pockets on the inside (or nothing), no rounded ends/edges and come with vents. My understanding they are this way to make the life of an equipment manager and whoever does the heavy lifting easier. They stack well, don't take up a lot of floor space, not a lot of zippered pockets to open to access skates, helmets and other equipment to be hung in pro lockers, smaller pockets for tape etc. aren't necessary, not a lot of straps to get caught up or zippers to open/close/break. This ulmitately makes loading, unloading, moving, packing and unpacking large numbers of them easier and the vents allow at least a slight amount of ventilation for longer road trips. Function over form, few people other than those on the inside see the bags so looks and fancy frills don't matter.

That's my understanding, someone on the inside may be able to add a little more insight.

so if i was looking for a bag with internal/external skate pockets and a sepereated section or two for gear organization im not looking for a pro bag. looks like i should stick to the backpack types, i ask bc my $30 gear (gear brand as in hockey giants in house brand) bag is ripping at the seams and will most likely need to be replaced soon. they have a newer one but its all one big compartment and i prefer to separate my equipment.

I have been using the most basic Easton bag, it cost me a full $39 USD, I can haul everything easily, and all it needs is a shoulder strap. It has been holding up in the most awesome way. I have been using it since August and it holds up like a champ. No skate compartments, but it is freaking AWESOME!!!!!

I would not recommended the easton. Though I can't speak to the current version.

I got the first version of the easton pro and the stitching on the zipper came loose with in the first 6 months. Also I find it slightly too narrow, I wear adult M gear and it's a tight fit, until the zipper stitching comes looose.

The material is great though very tough.