Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moteef17

Helmet Recommendations

I've been in a Bauer 5100 with full cage since I started playing beer league 4 years ago. It's been a great helmet, but I've never worn anything else. I was just curious to see what other folks here would consider a 'comparable' helmet in terms of quality, durability and expected price range. The foam is showing some wear / tear but not falling apart. Just thinking about a possible replacement ahead of next season.

If we take fit out of this equation (because seriously, no one can fit a helmet over the internet), then there could be a few models you could try, in addition to going back to the 5100, because it's a fantastic helmet in itself.

The Bauer 4500, Easton E400, the CCM V08 and the Reebok 4K are all pro-preferred dual density VN helmets that you should try, if you want to avoid the step up into 'basic' EPP models (7500, V10, 7K etc.).

I have a Bauer 2100, and without the cage it's fine.....with the 2100 cage on I find it awful.

I never wore a full cage before the other day, and I hated it....bad!

Not sure if all cages are like that, but I'm gonna have a hard time playing with a full cage, and I definitely want to wear 1.

I recently bought a rbk 11k helmet. It fits very differently to the other rbk helmets below it. I went for the combo. I have no complaints about it as i was balancing cost vs how much i play (once a week)..so getting top end features in something of relative low cost was good.

The other thing i noticed was how much better you play with a proper fitting helmet. I barley notice it on my head vs my old nbh 3500.

If you like the fit of the Bauer 5100, seriously look at the Mission Inhaler. Fit is almost identical, and the ventilation is fantastic. The forehead sweatband is a plus as well.

Depends on your head-shape, but I found the 7500 super comfortable compared to the 5100 (memory foams + a little wider) when trying on helmets. It's also about 10 bucks more, and the cage it comes with is pretty nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I did put my 10 yr old (squirt) in a 7500 last year, and giving it a closer look, it could be a nice step up in terms of added comfort / feel. I'll try to get into as many options as I can to see what the fit really is.

+1 for the CCM V10. I was wearing a Bauer 7500 before it. The V10 fit my head better and is more comfortable. Helmets, just like heads, come in different shapes and sizes. The more time you put into finding the right fit, the happier you'll likely be down the road.

Good luck!