Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bwhockey17

Easton 75s II

Easton 75s II

Flex: 85

Curve: Hall

Height: 5'10

Weight: 145

Postition: Forward

Time-frame of use: Used for 2 months before breakage

Aesthetics: Pretty standard blacked out stealth design, I really like the matte finish on the eliptical taper. I imagine if this wasn't grip it would apply through the whole shaft. Very sleek.

8.5/10

Weight and Balance: Absolutely phenomenal. One of if not the lightest stick vid ever used, and the balance is just unreal. I would put this right up there with top end sticks!

9/10

Blade: The blade is absolutely unreal, until it breaks. Even when a crack appeared on the heel however, a simple extra later of tape did the job. Still maintained good puck feel, as well as little to no rattling.

7.5/10

Shaft/Flex: The stick is a low-kick stick, designed for hard and accurate wristers and snappers. That being said, I experienced little to no change in my slapshot power, coming over from the mid-kick One95/T90. The flex profiled right where it was supposed to, and the eliptical taper made for the quickest release I have ever owned (even now with my AX1). I scored goals-a-plenty with this twig in competitive rep hockey. The grip is a tad rubbery, but it does allow for a decent amount of movement when needed.

9/10

Stickhandling and Passing: My stickhandling and passing felt very nice. Passes were pinpoint and the blade was very good in picking up hard or otherwise bad passes. Deking was fun to say the least, the lightness of the stick helped along with the great ability to take a slash (eliptical taper doubling as shock absorber?). Was very pleased overall with this stick.

9/10

Shooting: My wristers and snappers were my bread and butter with this stick. Shooting was effortless, and took very little time to release. Shots went where I wanted them to go, with authority. Even when the blade cracked a bit, I had no qualms with hindrance in performance. All in all, if you are a shooter this is the stick for you.

9.5/10

Durability: My one complaint about this stick is it broke in practice. During a breakout drill. There must have been micro fractures or something.. Blade cracked as well, but the performance didn't really take a hit. This was a very good stick in terms of holding up to slashes and such, and I just wish I still had it..

7/10

Conclusion: This was a test stick from Easton, and to me it passed with flying colours. What you see here is pretty much the review I sent them back. This is a hell of a twig, and if you can pick it up in the $150 range, I'd go for it. Just be sure to take good care of it and inspect for small cracks or compromises in the shaft integrity which you can address pretty cheaply if you go to a stick repair shop before full-on breakage occurs.

8.25/10