Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lee92

Bauer One95 Skate Comparison

I'm going to be in the market for new skates this Spring and have a question regarding Bauer's Supreme line. I want the top end skate again (either NXG or MX3), but I'll need to replace the tongues with felt. Seeing as the next best (One.9 or 190) have the felt tongues, and they're fairly cheaper, could I expect the weight, stiffness and performance to match my One95's or would I be selling myself short? From what I've read, specs-wise, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the top two models, aside from liner and runner.

Either the One.9 or 190 will be about the same weight and stiffness as your one95s. Seeing as you can get the One.9 for a steal right now and the 190 doesn't bring much else to the table on top of the current skate, I'd jump on them. You might notice a significant weight difference between the One.9 and the MX3/NXG, but a good chunk of that might be negated by swapping out the tongues and the fusion runner for LS2, Step or Blackedge Steel (which many players switch) anyway.