Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bwhockey17

Sher-Wood T90

Sherwood T90
Flex: 85
Curve: Stastny

Height: 5'10
Weight: 145
Postition: Forward

Time-frame of use: 8 months

Aesthetics: This was a very average looking stick, simple black weave background and white company logo. Wasn't bad, but didn't appeal to me directly off the shelf either; this was more of a "oh, this is a good price on the stick" buy, as opposed to me going in there and it immediately popping out to me.

7.5/10

Weight and Balance: It's not heavy, but it's not light either. It's definitely a mid-range stick in terms of the weight, however it is well-balanced in my opinion, especially after it got caught down.
8/10

Blade: Great blade, I absolutely loved the puck feel and durability of it. It wasn't pingy, and felt very natural when sending/receiving passes. This is probably the shining piece of the stick, as it was definitely the biggest difference-maker for me.
8.5/10

Shaft/Flex: This is a decent stick for a mid-level player. The loading and release is nothing to write home about, however it wasn't horrible. Slapshots were okay, wristers and snappers were okay, and once you got used to the loading, everything was pretty much normal. There was no extra zip on shots (aside from when it was right off the shelf), and it went soft surprisingly quickly. Additionally, it's very boxy, so it might be better for people with bigger hands.
7.5/10

Stickhandling and Passing: This is the strong point of the stick - puck feel was very good (as expected with Sherwood), and passing was really good too. Pinpoint accuracy, and easy to catch hard passes.
8/10

Shooting: My wrist and snap shots were relatively unchanged. My release time however, was also a bit slower than I am accustomed to. This probably is due from coming from the low kick sticks such as S19, 75s II, S17 and so on.
7.5/10

Durability: Great. The shaft did go soft a tad quickly, but the overall integrity of the stick was never really compromised (other than the heel, where some cracks were starting to appear towards the end of the 8 months I tried it)
8.5/10

Conclusion: This was on sale at $100, and at the price point they offer it at (used to be $150, now is $100), I think it would be well worth it. It is a great stick, definitely not top end but comparable to others such as the x40, or EQ40 sticks.
7.75/10

Sherwood T90 LKP
Flex: 85
Curve: P88 RYAN II

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Postition: Forward

Time-frame of use: 1 months

Aesthetics: Looking at it from off the shelf, it doesn't pop right out at you. Yet is simple black and white, nothing screaming at you with a bright neon colour. I do like the look of the T100 or T120 now, but not too many complaints. It decent enough. 9/10

Weight and Balance: I noticed right away this stick had a really good feel in the hands and felt quite light for a mid range stick. Balance felt good compared to similar priced Bauer's I have been using over the years. This was very noticeable on the ice as well. Loved the feel and you forget this is a $130 stick right away. 10/10

Blade: To match the feel and great balance of this stick, the blade is no exception. Feels super solid, receives and fires passes really nice. Doesn't feel thin and weak. Some of the guys on my team pass super hard and this blade keeps up with it no problem. This will be address below in durability, but after short term use the toe of the blade is already chipped.I have exclusively used a Kane curve in a Bauer, and the P88 Ryan II is just great for me. Tons of control and goes where I want it to. 9.5/10

Shaft/Flex: In my old age (I guess) I have moved down from a 100-ish flex back to an 85. This was a much needed move for me as I feel I can load this stick w/out issues. The shaft has a great grip texture on it that does its job and stays tacky for a while. No change after a month of use. Little boxier feel in the hands, but I prefer this over a smaller rounder shaft shape (and I don't have huge hands, wearing a 14" glove). 10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: Ill just quote the above review on this, as I feel the same way. "This is the strong point of the stick - puck feel was very good (as expected with Sherwood), and passing was really good too. Pinpoint accuracy, and easy to catch hard passes." . 9/10

Shooting: I really didn't know about about shaft flex in new sticks as of late, so I did some research on here and learned about mid flex and low kick point (LKP). Realized I should be in a LKP stick, as I rarely take clappers. I need a stick to release quick and hard for snappers and wrist shots. This twig delivers exactly what I need it to. Full score here no questions. 10/10

Durability: The rest of the stick is fine, but after 2 games the toe is chipped and sort of splitting on me already. I always tape the toe up and play wing rarely taking face off's. This was disappointing, but nothing a little tape wont hold together. 7/10

Conclusion: I will first state that I NEVER buy a brand new on the market $250+ priced stick. I do play often in league and pick up 2-3 times a week, but just can't justify the price on a stick. We have quite a few LHS here so I have some selection. This one happened to have A LOT of these in stock and when I asked why, they said "cause for the price, they are the best" . They also have a shooting bay, similar to a driving bay at a Golf Store, and I was able to try it out first. I tried it against a few others and it came out on top, without question. I picked this up for $129 (CDN) and for the money, this stick is simply awesome. Best Ive used in quite a few years. Only thing holding this back from a perfect score is the toe chipping issue so soon. 9.5/10