Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostrider17

CCM RBZ Shoulder pad or CCM CL

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try out the new CCM RBZ Shoulder pad?

If so did you like it and would you prefer it over the CCM CL?

It is almost identical. "The RBZ shoulder pads no longer have the floating sternum pad like on the CL - it now is integrated into the rest of the chest." to quote JR. If you can find a pair of CL's on clearance, don't hesitate to grab it.

Well, the RBZs also have a longer integrated belly guard. Depends on what you valued in the CLs anyways. If you found the protection and covereage slightly lacking in the CL, then go RBZ. If you simply liked the lightweight design and don't much require more coverage, then go CL.

Ah ok. I currently wear a bauer x60 shoulder pad and was just looking to upgrade. Some of my teammates have the CL and they love them but I wasn't sure about the durability and the coverage

Ah ok. I currently wear a bauer x60 shoulder pad and was just looking to upgrade. Some of my teammates have the CL and they love them but I wasn't sure about the durability and the coverage

I have the CL shouldies- they seem durable. Coverage around the ribs leaves a bit to be desired, which is where I think the RBZs have improved it. And yea, lots of pros wear the CLs. Once the RBZs are released, I think you will see all these guys turn in their CLs for RBZs.

All in all, I am happy with them- I have had some pretty big collissions with some big fellas, to shoulder, back, and chest, and these pads absorbed all impact. Sure, RBZs are probably "better," and if I were buying on June 27 or whatever I would be liable to splurge for the RBZs, but I already got my CLs and will likely stick with them.

CL shoulders are amazing. I agree though if you're planning on blocking any shots there's a couple holes in the belly, back and sides. I took one on my side 3 weeks ago and there's still a nice puck shaped bruise there :wacko: . All things considered i highly recommend them for mens league. I barely even notice them and they have excellent chest and back protection. They have the same weight/mobility as the Sherwood 5030s but a ton more protection. Have not seen the RBZ pads yet so cant do a comparison.

Rbz much lighter than APX2s even withe aero lite foam RBZ is almost 100 grams lighter. Apx2 def has more coverage but is also more bulky me personally I've been using the CLs for a lil over a year and they've held great and are the best shoulders I've ever worn. The only complaint I had was there a lil short around your stomach and the plastic gaurd on the sternum was a lil bulky both of those complaints they fixed on the RBZ pads so I would get the RBZ if ya got the extra money but if not I highly recommend the CLs

I wouldn't put it that far. I hardly think most people would notice a difference even remotely close to 'significant' when trying them on your shoulders, where your core is close to.

I have a pair of the Crazy strong shoulders and also the Vapor X100's (one step below the APX2's). One thing that I noticed right away when wearing the Vapor's is the shoulder caps come up a bit higher vs. the CS's (not as low profile). What I mean by that is when I turn my head from left to right sometimes I can feel my cage hitting the Vapor's shoulder caps and that never happes when I wear the CS's. Not a big deal and I got used to it quickly but just something to consider when comparing CS/CL to the new vapor line.

Just wondering, how is the sizing on the CL and RBZs - do they run big or small? I'm a large in bauer shoulder pads, assume CCM large is the same?

Just wondering, how is the sizing on the CL and RBZs - do they run big or small? I'm a large in bauer shoulder pads, assume CCM large is the same?

I went from Bauer L to RBZ L. Great fit.

Something else to consider re:the CL's and their relatively less amount of torso coverage is how high your pants come up on your torso. I'm in Warrior DT2 pants they meet up just fine, a small gap between the bottom of the CL pads and the little abdominal pad on the pants (I always have put one of my hands over that area if I'm in position to block a shot anyway,) and the spine guard of the pants overlaps on the bottom of the CL spineguard by a couple of inches. It of course could be a very different fit experience for each person.

If there's a shop near you with any of the models you're interested in, bring your hockey pants up with you and while wearing them, try on different models to see how they fit with your existing gear.

I know this is an older thread... But... Does anyone have any extra comparison info? Do we know if NHL'ers are using the RBZ's over the CL's now? I figure the RBZs have been out a while so people should have some experience with them and comments on the torso protection, fit, etc. I'm interested if the fit of them is a lower profile than the CL's

I had the CL's and now have the RBZ. As far as fit, mobility, etc they are the same to me. I didn't care for the plastic sternum and back protection on the CL's and prefer the ones on the RBZ. Also the RBZ has softer fabric around the neck if that matters to you. I was really just tired of my jersey getting stuck on the plastic.

I had the CL's and now have the RBZ. As far as fit, mobility, etc they are the same to me. I didn't care for the plastic sternum and back protection on the CL's and prefer the ones on the RBZ. Also the RBZ has softer fabric around the neck if that matters to you. I was really just tired of my jersey getting stuck on the plastic.

I wear a compression top for all games, would that stop the neck area rubbing or not really make a difference? I hadn't thought about the jersey getting caught on the floating sternum/spine so that's good to know

Pretty big price difference between the CL's and RBZ's at the moment, almost $100!!

I'd get the CCM CL's. You'll save a lot and pretty much get the same thing. I have the CL's and they are great. Ive noticed from pics/vids of inside locker rooms or when players get jersey'd in fights that all nhlers seem to still use CL's. I havnt seen a single player wearing the new RBZ's. Granted that could be because they just don't want to break in new equipment, but the RBZ's came out last season and I still haven't seen anyone switch. I think that goes to show that the RBZ's aren't that much of an upgrade over the CL's

If you are interested in something light, lo-pro, staying dry, and "protective-ish" for beer league, then may wanna wait and give the STX Surgeon 500 a look. If you want Robo-Cop type protection, then the STX Stallion 500 looks insane (in the best way).