Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SniFFzoR

Help me determine my stick curve/angle

Hi,

Last year, I bought a couple of CCM sticks from the local sports store. Unusually, they actually had something in, which is usually not the case. Since I live in a small town with little to none hockey interest, I almost always have to order my sticks online. To do that, I need to be able to determine the curve I have on my sticks.

Below, you will see poorly taken picture of my stick. It is a CCM CrazyLight of some sort. Unfortunately, the stick just says "6", and when I google for CCM curve angle 6, I get nothing.

Therefore, I ask you guys for help. It would be awesome if you could tell me what curve it is, and maybe some other brands (Reebok, Bauer, Easton, etc) that have identical or similar curves on their sticks. Please take into consideration that some curves have different names in Europe.

I also have a Reebok stick, A.I.7 with a similar hook, that also is completely unbranded.

20140606_025720.jpg

Also, if any administrator finds this to be in the wrong section, please move the thread to the proper place.

Huge thanks in advance.

Thank you for your answers. I suspected it might be the P91A, but I didn't want to confuse you by misleading you, if it wasn't.

Is there any chart that describes the European - North American name translation? To me, this seems kind of stupid. Why don't they have the same angles for every marked, world wide?

Why don't they have the same angles for every marked, world wide?

Some blades do not sell well in Europe and some blades do not sell well in the US. I'm surprised that they have a YP type curve in Europe, I have been told that it is not popular at all over there.

Some blades do not sell well in Europe and some blades do not sell well in the US. I'm surprised that they have a YP type curve in Europe, I have been told that it is not popular at all over there.

Okay, that seems right and maybe reasonable. Even though I live in one of the biggest hockey countries in Europe, I guess I have to deal with the lack of some equipment.

By the way, what does YP mean?

If I want to find similar curves from other brands, I only need to google for the P91a angle and find similar that way, correct?

Thanks for all the help guys.

YP is Yzerman Pro, the curve that the Easton Drury (and derivatives like the P91A) was based on.