Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

Baking Reebok Ribcor: Is it necessary?

Just got my Ribcor's. They are sharpened, but don't have time to get them baked before I play tomorrow afternoon.

Will they be too stiff to use without baking them?

How much do the Ribcor's actually mold anyways?

If I get them baked, would 3 hours be enough cooling time before going on the ice?

Just got my Ribcor's. They are sharpened, but don't have time to get them baked before I play tomorrow afternoon.

Will they be too stiff to use without baking them?

How much do the Ribcor's actually mold anyways?

If I get them baked, would 3 hours be enough cooling time before going on the ice?

To the last question of would 3 hours be long enough before going on the ice. I scream at the top of my lungs how bad of an idea that is. 24 hours is how long you should wait. Think of it this way if you're even tempted to do it, these skates could last you 2+ years(depending on your level of play, frequency of play, TLC you give your skates) and in just a few month when you don't even remember this game you will thank yourself for just holding off for one day to bake these because prematurely wearing them after baking can do horrible things to the skate and its structural integrity. A for the other questions, theres no harm in playing in them a few times and then baking them but i feel like molding skates is what truly gives you all of the performance the skate has to offer. Regarding the stiffness, its not super stiff because its more of an agility skate as opposed to the RBZs which are extremely stiff all throughout. I vote for the best interest of your investment, just go with the old skates for just this game. Tomorrow whenever you can throw these in the oven and let the process begin so you can get it over with.

3 hours isn't good enough. You can try putting your skates in the freezer but even then 3 hours is pushing it.

Should they feel ok if you skate with them unbaked? Yes

Will they feel as good? No

Would I skate on them 3 hours after baking them? Absolutely not

/thread