Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

Oh...and pre-ordered one for my Little One. Will be her first Jr. sized stick.

I see they are selling them online, I didn't know there was a "drop date"

Think you can pre-order, don't think they ship until the 15th. Could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

My Major Peewee son wants to switch to a 55 flex intermediate QR1 but has 4-5 inches to cut off, is that going to make the flex too stiff or is there a flex free section in the cut off area?

I'm also interested in the answer to this question... if the Warrior rep could let us know, that would be great.

Qr1 came out august 1

Does anyone actually have them in stock? I can't seem to find one(Jr. 40f W88)... My pre-order just got pushed back until mid-September...

Keith should be able to answer that question in terms of the QR1, however, Warrior measures their flexes differently. On previous Warrior sticks you could cut 4-5" off before it altered the advertised flex. Now that the sticks are shorter than 63" that number should have changed.

Topics merged as it didn't really need its own.

With a shorter stick you wont need to cut as much to begin with so i wonder if it will even out.

dumb question I didnt see asked before, is the shaft shape/dimensions the same as the previous DT/covert stick? loved the rounded corners but it had enough bulk to not twist in my hands.

With a shorter stick you wont need to cut as much to begin with so i wonder if it will even out.

dumb question I didnt see asked before, is the shaft shape/dimensions the same as the previous DT/covert stick? loved the rounded corners but it had enough bulk to not twist in my hands.

Not a dumb question, I'm also wondering the same thing. Is the shaft geometry of the QR1 the same as the DT1 Covert stick?

Would they have had one on the floor, let alone one for sale? Not released until the 15th, right?

it was released on the 1st. Total hockey hockey Monkey have been shipping since the 1st

it was released on the 1st. Total hockey hockey Monkey have been shipping since the 1st

Yes, mjpisat said on the 8th(Aug 1st release date).

I can't find a Jr. sized QR1 at either HM or TH site...and truth be told, if I had a nickel for every time I ordered something reportedly in stock from those sites(showing available online) only to be told it was not....I'd buy myself a beer.

It's the pro construction.

Longer (+3") and tougher - comes in at 440g.

Neat, I saw some Gatineau Olympiques players using black and white warrior twigs in a pre-season game this weekend, and I was wondering what they were. They look really clean. I hope they'll be under $200 - that would be great value.

QR Pro is the QR1 but made at our facility in Asia. Same internal materials, just lower cost and more robust. We came up with this stick for the many new Junior and College teams we are supplying for. Some dealers saw the sticks and asked that we made it available for retail, so we did.

Can you confirm that Warrior is supplying the Olympiques this season? Or were those twigs just testers or something?

So, I've stayed away from this thread because I didn't really want to taint my assessment of the stick with anyone else's opinions.

I've used this stick strictly, with the exception of summer jam, and a few random shots with my widow I was using before this stick arrived.

I don't know if it was psychological, and I self corrected my form, or if it was truly the stick... But my slapshots are noticeably harder and faster. Enough so that I've had teammates and goalies from both of my teams ask me when I learned how to shoot. The stick feels forgiving on hand placement allowing you to load the stick and release the tension in a more fluid motion. It suits my shooting style (or lack of) very well.

Durability concerned me at first, it feels fragile. However, I must say that once you get past that, you realize this stick is a tank. I have a few paint blemishes after using it for two months, that's about it.

My biggest complaint about warrior sticks over the years (I've been loyal to the brand despite this) is nothing shoots like a fresh warrior, but when they fade away, they're pretty rough. I've noticed the "pop" is starting to fade, but 2 months out I'd say it is holding up better than previous warriors I've used.

I'd encourage those who are looking for sticks in the price point to try it out, I don't think they'll be disappointed.

Now I just need a stick that aims itself.

I held this in store for a few minutes today, did a little flexing, it seems very impressive from that, hopefully next time ill get a little time in the shooting booth to give it a more complete check-up. balance seemed spot on as well.

Its kind of funny watching people flex them thinking they are getting a good feeling for the flex of a stick in a store....

Anywho, I also don't like when customers flex sticks but its not my store ;)

I said little, I wasn't going Tarzan on it, basically just took it off the rack on the pad and went through a light shooting motion. Too many kids in the shooting booth or I could've gotten more of a feel for it. The balance impressed me more than anything, it just seemed to be better balanced than the DT lines but I only had it in hand for roughly 10 seconds.

I was looking forward to continue to post updates, but my CovertQR1 snapped yesterday.

May God have mercy on her soul.

Where did it snap at and under what conditions? I really wanna buy one. I have never had durability issues with warrior but I've also been using bauer for several years now

Where did it snap at and under what conditions? I really wanna buy one. I have never had durability issues with warrior but I've also been using bauer for several years now

defenseman took a slapshot from the point, read it the whole way and tried to deflect it. It hit square on the shaft and dropped to my feet. Felt bad when it happened, the second I touched the puck the stick split in half.

I've never broken a warrior. I don't think I can really fault the construction in any way, it was one of those things. I've never had a puck hit my stick that square, and the shot was especially hard.

i have two unused dt1's and one dt1lt that i've used for maybe a month. does the qr1 offer anything my current stable of sticks do not offer?

Too many kids in the shooting booth or I could've gotten more of a feel for it.

Drives me nuts when I want to try out a stick i'm about to drop $200 on and I can't because some kids are too busy playing with no intention of buying anything.

Drives me nuts when I want to try out a stick i'm about to drop $200 on and I can't because some kids are too busy playing with no intention of buying anything.

Imagine having to be the guy monitoring the shooting booth while those kids get free reign because mommy or daddy might complain to upper management