Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

I don't think it would feel stiffer if you compared the same flex. A higher carbon content should make the stick lighter, and maybe a touch more flexible.

I just ordered the QR Pink the other day, can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it gets here soon!

I currently have the Dt1 Lt in 75 flex and I'm thinking about upgrading to the QR1. Don't know if it's me or not but the DT1 seemed to lost its pop. Anyone here use both? Worth spending the money on upgrading when the DT1's are clearances for $150 now?

I don't think it would feel stiffer if you compared the same flex. A higher carbon content should make the stick lighter, and maybe a touch more flexible.

I just ordered the QR Pink the other day, can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it gets here soon!

Let us know you thoughts on QR Pink. Is it like retail QR 1 just pink with less curves to choose from?

Direct from Keith (I PM'ed him about this):

"QR pink is a Mexico made QR1 with less expensive materials. It's almost like a stick between QR1 and QRPro"

Yeah...what he posted.

I'll let you guys know how it goes!!

Haven't gotten it yet, likely do to the big storm in Cali (where almost all my stuff ends up being shipped from it seems).

Am I a jerk if I spray paint it black ? :-/

Reporting back - 2 Warrior Covert QR1's 85F Lupul.

Loved using my QR1's for a month or 2 however I must say I've just gone back to my APX2's. As much as the quick release is great and the weight is unbelievable the warrior blade IMO cannot compete with Bauer at this stage (with regard to puck feel). Catching and giving hard passes just felt really harsh as there isn't much to the blade, they're quite thin.

Overall an awesome stick and will do just fine as my 3rd and 4th back up this season.

Reporting back - 2 Warrior Covert QR1's 85F Lupul.

Loved using my QR1's for a month or 2 however I must say I've just gone back to my APX2's. As much as the quick release is great and the weight is unbelievable the warrior blade IMO cannot compete with Bauer at this stage (with regard to puck feel). Catching and giving hard passes just felt really harsh as there isn't much to the blade, they're quite thin.

Overall an awesome stick and will do just fine as my 3rd and 4th back up this season.

Similar circumstances for me. Was using a pro stock apx2 82 flex/p92 (which I love) and found someone selling a barely used QR1 for under $100. It was an 85 flex/pacioretty curve. Was a little worried that the curve might be too much figured what the hell, I can always resell if it doesn't workout. I was pleasanty surprised that the curve actually worked out well. Seems like quite a bit more hook compared to the p92 just by looking at it but in my opinion it didn't play that way. If anything I felt like it was slightly better for Stick handling/toe drags etc. I don't do huge tow drag dekes but it was definitely easier to stick handle and drag back a bit on toe when trying to keep a bit of distance going in on the defender. Overall shooting didn't take long to adjust if at all and saucers were pretty good too. If you're thinking of getting one I would recommend maybe trying out the pacioretty curve. I quite like it. I probably still prefer my apx2 but this stick is pretty solid. 85 flex didn't feel too stiff either.

Funny, another Bauer/QR1 user. Just got to use my pro stock QR1 (P92 ish clone/85 flex with a flex profile designed to mirror the Easton SE16/Mako profile) for the first time and I was coming from using a couple of different APX2 pro stocks. I also have experience with Easton Mako IIs. Much like the Eastons, the QR1 felt like it was really designed to fire the puck. The blade is stiff, the puck feel is pretty pingy and the pop is pretty pronounced. I ended up switching back to an APX2 for a few shifts and you could really see how much softer and dampened the puck feels with the Bauer. I'll definitely say the profile I have is very reminiscent of the Mako II, but not nearly as whippy. It's my first experience with a Warrior stick so I'm still in the feeling out process but I think it will work well once I get used to the different feel.

Funny, another Bauer/QR1 user. Just got to use my pro stock QR1 (P92 ish clone/85 flex with a flex profile designed to mirror the Easton SE16/Mako profile) for the first time and I was coming from using a couple of different APX2 pro stocks. I also have experience with Easton Mako IIs. Much like the Eastons, the QR1 felt like it was really designed to fire the puck. The blade is stiff, the puck feel is pretty pingy and the pop is pretty pronounced. I ended up switching back to an APX2 for a few shifts and you could really see how much softer and dampened the puck feels with the Bauer. I'll definitely say the profile I have is very reminiscent of the Mako II, but not nearly as whippy. It's my first experience with a Warrior stick so I'm still in the feeling out process but I think it will work well once I get used to the different feel.

Your pro stock QR1 with a mako/se16 kick is gonna be very different from the retail QR1 so you can't really compare that stick as a QR1 its just a pro custom warrior stick with a QR1 paint job it most likely doesn't even have the same blade as the QR1.

I do agree with the last few post i had a QR1 W28 70Flex Grip and my thought are it shoots pretty nice but the puck feel is lacking and the bauer sticks I've used (Apx,Apx2, Nexus1000) had a better puck feel. overall i really enjoyed the QR1 when i used it I stopped using it (and any other stick) when i tried a True A6.0 and now no stick can compare to the true.

Exactly my thoughts! I'm going to use my QR1 for the powerplay as a WMD.

Got to spend some real quality time yesterday at a stick and puck session, good lord does this thing fire rockets. It's a combination of the Mako flex and the TotalOne/NXG kick. I know it's a pro stock so the specs differ from the retail version but I'd highly recommend picking up sticks with a G3LR profile.

The QR1 has held up great for me for a much longer time than I expected. While other sticks wore out and/or broke, it has stayed consistent. The length of performance maintained by the stick has been pretty surprising to me.

Thanks for posting that rebate. I just bought this stick Friday, and I love it. It would be nice to get $100 back though since it was a little outside my budget, but I got it anyways.

I'm coming from a TotalOne and Supreme180... I like the lower kick point sticks, so it was either this or the APX2. I went with the QR1. I was ripping shots! I even had a slapper go top shelf from the top of the circle that made the goalie flinch. I had a great puck feel, and felt I had great control compared to the Supreme180. I'm a huge fan now... my last Warrior stick was a MacDaddy neon stick a few years ago. I still think my favorite stick of all time was the Easton SE16, but this may soon surpass that.

Using an Int 70 flex Zetterberg.

Nice to see the rebate posted to MSH. FlyChicaga is exactly the scenario we were hoping for with a program like this - someone gets to try a QR1 by taking some of the cost risk out. Thanks for sharing your story and giving us a chance!

The rebate is active through the weekend in celebration of the MN State High School Boys' tourney! Get them while they last - only 100 available and you can redeem from any purchase in the USA or Canadian Warrior dealer.

Online too, just get your online dealer to remove foil sticker, stick to your receipt and mail you a picture to process your rebate before they ship the stick to you.

I had this stick for a week... played with it three times... and snapped it clean in half taking a hard snap shot from the point. Argh! I'm glad it's under warranty. Talked to Warrior and going to try and get an 85 flex replacement. I've been using intermediate sticks, and I might have to end that.

I made the stupid decision to go clear as it had been years since using a non grip OPS (vapor XX).

Best method of adding some grip that's not stick tape related? Ideally a clean finish with no peeling or mess.

Anyone who has used the QR4 and the comparable Vapor models (x700 or x80 previously) who can comment on the blade feel? Interested in the QR4 but curious how it compares to the Aero Foam 3 blade in the Bauer's as far as feel. Have an x80 that has been a pretty decent all around stick.

I made the stupid decision to go clear as it had been years since using a non grip OPS (vapor XX).

Best method of adding some grip that's not stick tape related? Ideally a clean finish with no peeling or mess.

ProFormance wax company has a new 2 part wax system coming out in which you apply a Base coat, followed by blade wax or handle grip wax. It's a little pricy but would likely work well. Leaves a little residue on palms but nothing to the extent of ruining them.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the lie of the W71 Pacioretty pattern on the QR1 as I'm thinking on getting one. It looks like it's close to the Coffey pattern which I really like.

Thx