Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

Why is it every year people have to bitch about this. These are the guidelines set forth by the site to protect people in the industry. JR has done a nice job explaining this, it is not something they are going to do and jeopardize relationships and in this industry relationships are very improtant. ACCEPT IT PEOPLE, move on. If you want the info you have to wait or get a job in the industry to see it early.

Don't we more or less agree to the rules to the forum upon signing up? It's a social contract, we trade our "freedom" (heh heh) for a forum to discuss our gear.

If you don't like it, move on.

Sorry if I started an arguement...I've been following this thread for the past few years and find it very interesting and totally understand the rules and guidelines, I just thought they've been more strict this year than the past few (in my opinion). Sorry if I offended anyone.

Joe, actually it's always been the same. I'm not offended.

Every year a new crop of members come along so we have to explain it all over again. I hope it doesn't deter you from posting.

Trust me, I'd love to go back to my renegade days in which we would post everything and anything and just run with info - but 10 years ago I made the decision not to be anonymous and put my full name out there. That way when manufacturer CEOs call (they have my phone number and have in the past) to pull something down, it's done.

We've grown up - my goal is to be where you get the clear, concise and correct info; not just a screen grab or a cell phone picture. It takes a while for that information to come out, but when it does, it's just validation that we're doing the right thing here.

That way when manufacturer CEOs call (they have my phone number and have in the past) to pull something down, it's done.

If D.Mo ever calls you, please tell me :popcorn:

From what I understand a lot of the players are very interested in the concussion technology that was taken from football helmets.

As far as Easton goes the rub on all there gear in my opinion has always been durability not performance.

That helmet was shelved before they were spun off and I don't believe that the tech was sent along to the new owners.

The mods have been running this site and maintaining excellent relationships with manufacturers for years. I don't think they need the lecture on what's a leak of not, and trust they have the knowledge of how to deal with these things. Like JR has said, details are given when THEY want them given.

I would not call it a lecture. Just a statement of a different philosphical outlook on what is going on with marketing and who is controlling the marketing.

I do not post that often on this site but I will respect the rules to the best of my ability. Having said that I am not quite sure how other sites posting "leaks" is so detrimental and demonstrates zero integrity. However I do not worry about having to sell all the equipment.

I suppose it is a bit hard for me to have empathy for huge companies who "hold guns" to the heads of retailers if they do not stock their shelves with thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I can definitely feel for any retailer who is trying to make a living while dealing with whatever constraints are placed on them by manufacturers, but for the companies I don't think so.

caps winter classic looks like straight butt!

I have no idea what you are saying. I think it looks nice myself but using the word classic seems off the mark to me as this is a new uniform with a classic look. Semantics perhaps but I think the winter classic has been overdone.

Always thought putting a nickname on a jersey was stupid. "BOLTS" and "SENS" were equally dumb.

I think their round shoulder patch would look good on the front, too

I don't have much of an opinion on crest with team names on the front in "script" only I think it might just depend on the particular font.

I do agree that the shoulder patch would likely look good on the front of the jersey. It would certainly be more in line with what a lightning bolt is supposed to inspire.

You might not have empathy, but that's not the point. The mods respect the manufacturers wishes because, in return, the site sees benefits. Without a good relationship with the manufacturers, things like Winterfest and SummerJam, LTR's, Rep assistance on the forum, Product Q&As, they don't happen. Its this relationship that is integral to the success of this site. What you, I, or Wayne Gretzky wants/thinks in inconsequential on this matter.

I would not call it a lecture. Just a statement of a different philosphical outlook on what is going on with marketing and who is controlling the marketing.

I do not post that often on this site but I will respect the rules to the best of my ability. Having said that I am not quite sure how other sites posting "leaks" is so detrimental and demonstrates zero integrity. However I do not worry about having to sell all the equipment.

I suppose it is a bit hard for me to have empathy for huge companies who "hold guns" to the heads of retailers if they do not stock their shelves with thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I can definitely feel for any retailer who is trying to make a living while dealing with whatever constraints are placed on them by manufacturers, but for the companies I don't think so.

Why is it every year people have to bitch about this. These are the guidelines set forth by the site to protect people in the industry. JR has done a nice job explaining this, it is not something they are going to do and jeopardize relationships and in this industry relationships are very improtant. ACCEPT IT PEOPLE, move on. If you want the info you have to wait or get a job in the industry to see it early.

Interesting post. Did you ever think that how things are said has something to do with what you just said.

If people are familiar with what constitutes breaking rules of the site than most will be respectful of that. If they do not agree with it on a philosophical level having the mods explain gives them the opportunity to consider the different outlook or perspective.

I agree with you about the site rules and ultimately if it being done to protect people's livelihood it is understandable and you are correct about waiting. I suppose people are curious and can you blame them for that. Essentially to a large degree whatever "leaks" are out there are problems that are created by the manufacturers themselves at least as far as visibility goes.

With regard to specs JR made a good point. I just think that at the end of the day the leaks are due to people who work in the industry not people from outside of it.

You might not have empathy, but that's not the point. The mods respect the manufacturers wishes because, in return, the site sees benefits. Without a good relationship with the manufacturers, things like Winterfest and SummerJam, LTR's, Rep assistance on the forum, Product Q&As, they don't happen. Its this relationship that is integral to the success of this site. What you, I, or Wayne Gretzky wants/thinks in inconsequential on this matter.

Fair enough. Manufacturers and retailers benefitting is not inherently bad. It is just a matter of focus. So whose thoughts do matter?

If other sites "leak" information that is their perogative. They will be affected in ways that MSH is not. Perhaps the other sites are more interested about information at the expense of certain benefits they might receive due to their approach.

J.R.'s post about information being clear, concise ... explains very well that things do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive, it just depends on what you want to focus on.

? You are all over the place. The mods DID inform people but they kept proding afterwards. The purpose of this site is not to move product, it's for people to gather and talk gear. LTR can be critical or complimentary. To belittle modsquad as just a way to push gear is way out of line. Just let it go and let's get this thread back on the rails.

Interesting post. Did you ever think that how things are said has something to do with what you just said.

If people are familiar with what constitutes breaking rules of the site than most will be respectful of that. If they do not agree with it on a philosophical level is it not the mods job to explain so that they can understand. In the end people may not always agree but at least it gives them the opportunity to consider the different outlook or perspective.

I agree with you about the site rules and ultimately if it being done to protect people's livelihood it is understandable and you are correct about waiting. I suppose people are curious and can you blame them for that. Essentially to a large degree whatever "leaks" are out there are problems that are created by the manufacturers themselves at least as far as visibility goes.

With regard to specs JR made a good point. So why not ask yourself who has access to the specs? Do you suppose it would be from a person outside the industry? Maybe if the people in the industry would just get on the same page this problem would not exist.

Sorry should have capitalized "MOVE ON"

More so what I was talking about was that It was explained and then people kept at it similar to what you are doing. Consider the matter closed and get on talking about equipment that isn't leaked. Also its kind of hard to have everyone in this industry on the same page as it is very large, but JR and all the mods and subscribers do a good job at informing and staying within the guidlines.

Again MOVE ON

Sorry should have capitalized "MOVE ON"

More so what I was talking about was that It was explained and then people kept at it similar to what you are doing. Consider the matter closed and get on talking about equipment that isn't leaked. Also its kind of hard to have everyone in this industry on the same page as it is very large, but JR and all the mods and subscribers do a good job at informing and staying within the guidlines.

Again MOVE ON

Okay. I do not read all the posts that are made on this site.

I would imagine it is a large industry so you are correct, I am only saying that it is rather difficult to leak information when you are not the individual who possesses it. More to the point whatever is leaked is due to people in the industry not people outside of it.

So yes people outside of the industry have to wait and must accept the timeline. What I have appreciated about this site most is the opportunity to learn more about the details of equipment and I am willing to wait for when that takes place.

Just place the blame where it actually lies. Feel free to respond and I will move on as you say.

? You are all over the place. The mods DID inform people but they kept proding afterwards. The purpose of this site is not to move product, it's for people to gather and talk gear. LTR can be critical or complimentary. To belittle modsquad as just a way to push gear is way out of line. Just let it go and let's get this thread back on the rails.

Stewie,

I am not trying to belittle anybody, although making a statement about people's opinions not mattering does not help in that regard if you are so concerned about it.

You are correct about LTR and I never said that the sole purpose of this site is to push gear. I was just responding to your comment on how the site and the users benefit, and what the ultimate focus of the site might be.

If it was just to talk gear than the benefits which you listed would not matter, however as you pointed out things can be complimentary where both parties benefit.

As this is a thread on gear sightings I will close on that note and apoligize to anyone I might have offended with my comments.