Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

Why is Richards allowed to wear Bauer in the AHL? Grace period while he breaks in CCM/Reebok gear? Veteran exception?Richards-AHL-game.jpg

Why is Richards allowed to wear Bauer in the AHL? Grace period while he breaks in CCM/Reebok gear? Veteran exception?

The veterans rule in the AHL exempts I think 3 or 4 guys who have played a couple hundred professional games to use non ccm/reebok gear.

The veterans rule in the AHL exempts I think 3 or 4 guys who have played a couple hundred professional games to use non ccm/reebok gear.

Thanks! Had me confused at first, but I guess after an Olympic gold medal and 2 cups he should be able to wear whatever he wants.

Will the Stealth CX still have the elliptical lower shaft or are they going back to the original Stealth specs?

Stealth CX's inside is just the same as V9E. Both of shaft and blade are "XV9E". But they announced they can produce it with no hosel.

I'm considering custom order it though I have not been able to make sure about its flex/stick length. So far, Easton had produced their custom V9E in 66-3/8" (1" longer than retail V9E). But Stealth CX is 70-3/8" against the wall. So it means roughly 20flex stiffer than previous making. Ofcourse this story is custom ordering so I don't know retail products though.

20150130135904_001_2.jpg

Getzlaf switched to an 1X. Granted, it might just be painted as one. He used to sport an MX3. No clue what his flex profile actually is.

JWBR32j.jpg

Ya that's huge. Side note: Are all NHL practice jerseys now Indo-Edge?

No, just the collar tagging. Same with the Stadium Series jerseys and the real All-Star jerseys.

Ehhhh

B9v-216CcAEYTUe.jpg

IMG_5050-e1423941094817.jpg

Equipment manager question....would they have a different set of white helmets for the Stadium Series game from their regular away buckets? Seems like a lot of work to switch all the stickers to the silver for yesterday's practice and today's morning skate just to switch them back for their game against the Avs Wednesday and back again for Saturday.

Equipment manager question....would they have a different set of white helmets for the Stadium Series game from their regular away buckets? Seems like a lot of work to switch all the stickers to the silver for yesterday's practice and today's morning skate just to switch them back for their game against the Avs Wednesday and back again for Saturday.

Generally there are two different sets of helmets unless some guy uses a NLA helmet or is super picky about his worn padding.

How much say do players have in their stick's paint job? I know Wisniewski gets sticks in all white. If Getzlaf is using an MX3 painted as a 1x, does he get any say? Do they ask him if he minds using the new paintjob?

Do 4th line players get to be picky about the paintjob from the factory, or is it "you get what you get and you don't get upset"?

if i remember correctly what the reps for my school team said, most professionals will have sticks painted with the newest graphics that company wants, but how the stick is made is completely customized, from flex, flex profile and other little quirks.

i'm sure the answer to my question is "player preference" but what drives a player to change skates back and forth?

Seguin has been using the Vapor 1X's for a few weeks, but switched back to the APX2's in the game against Florida. Then during the initial 1X release days, Kane and Ovi both used the 1X for a game and switched back to the APX2's.

with a piece of equipment like skates, it's got to be quite a difference going from an old model to a new model back to an old model. don't they usually vet out the new skates during practices and just stick with them when they feel good with them? is it possible they're just using 1X dressed APX2's?

i'm sure the answer to my question is "player preference" but what drives a player to change skates back and forth?

Seguin has been using the Vapor 1X's for a few weeks, but switched back to the APX2's in the game against Florida. Then during the initial 1X release days, Kane and Ovi both used the 1X for a game and switched back to the APX2's.

with a piece of equipment like skates, it's got to be quite a difference going from an old model to a new model back to an old model. don't they usually vet out the new skates during practices and just stick with them when they feel good with them? is it possible they're just using 1X dressed APX2's?

my guess would be that, like the sticks, they are painted with graphics different to their construction, and that the switch back and forth is cause the older pair of skates are broken in and comfortable. every little edge can count