Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gents, I tried to google some indoor roller hockey rinks around NYC and most hits are in Jersey or to some dead links from 5 years ago. Anyone can recommend some rinks, pref indoor. Thanks.

I think most of them are on Long Island. Skate Safe America and World Gym are the two that travel teams play out of.

I think most of them are on Long Island. Skate Safe America and World Gym are the two that travel teams play out of.

There is also sportime bethpage and hot skates in lynbrook

http://www.skatecity.com/nyc/clubs/hockey.html

Looks like Staten Island is your closest bet. Whole bunch of outdoor in the city though.

It is really nice that dudes from cali are jumping onto an east coast thread to help a fellow skater out! Appreciated!!! But Staten Island is a Dump and most guys from Staten Island go to Jersey to skate . I would say SI is our suburban version of West Hollwood x Glendale x Pico all gently wrapped in the blanket of the Valley. NYC parks are selectively cared for - Manhattan yes you will find a nice clean park..but not in SI. Long Island which is Part of New York State but was smart enough not to associate itself with the "City" also has great outdoor surfaces and rinks. I am deff grabbing my gear next time im out in LA.. I regret it everytime.

There is also sportime bethpage and hot skates in lynbrook

so from Brooklyn I am looking at a minimum of 45 minutes driving for indoor action?! Where do you guys skate ?

It is really nice that dudes from cali are jumping onto an east coast thread to help a fellow skater out! Appreciated!!!

Did my undergrad at Fordham. Never played roller while in New York City though.

I play for 3 teams at Hotskates. Love the surface (wood) but it's just a little bit small. 4 on 4 is the best there, but 5s it can get a little cramped. My only true gripe with the place is that the refs are very inconsistent.

I've played quite a bit at sportime in bethpage, bigger rink, better refs, but they don't clean the surface (sportcourt) so it gets slippery.

If I were you, look into Hotskates. It's pretty close to where sunrise hits the belt, so you should be OK. The earliest weekday game is at 7PM, latest is at 11PM. Traffic should be tolerable.

I play for 3 teams at Hotskates. Love the surface (wood) but it's just a little bit small. 4 on 4 is the best there, but 5s it can get a little cramped. My only true gripe with the place is that the refs are very inconsistent.

I've played quite a bit at sportime in bethpage, bigger rink, better refs, but they don't clean the surface (sportcourt) so it gets slippery.

If I were you, look into Hotskates. It's pretty close to where sunrise hits the belt, so you should be OK. The earliest weekday game is at 7PM, latest is at 11PM. Traffic should be tolerable.

Thank you very much! Will do!