Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

CCM Tacks Stick

The CCM P19 is interesting - it's like a cross between a P91A and a P92. I am liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

Based on the ice warehouse video it seems like the CCM Ribcor 40k is relatively the same as the previous model Ribcor..."technora" and a slightly improved blade being the only changes. I wonder if it plays the same as the previous Ribcor?

Back on the topic of the tacks stick, used it again and absolutely love it. As someone that has used the grand majority of top of the line sticks, the kick on this is right at the top. A serious contender, and a nod of the hat to ccm for getting back on the map

I agree with you on the Tacks stick. I've used mine for a handful of games now and some stick & pucks. I really love the pop off this stick. This is my goto twig and I also have several high end sticks by other manufacturers. CCM is definitely making big strides lately to gain some market share. As long as they are putting out a product like the this stick I'm a convert.

Went into the store to buy a 1052 and found that its shaft dimensions were really strange. Like the shaft was nearly round. Moved up to the 3052 just to have a normal shaft. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!

I picked up one of these up after the raving reviews on here.

Unfortunetly I did not like it. whippy as hell. feels like a pool noodle in my hand compared to an mx3. I couldn't shoot to save my life and im a good shooter. I prefer stiff sticks and picked up a 105, but feels like a 95 compared to the mx3 102. I think I took 10 shots in warm up and went to my back up apx2 in the game as I couldn't get a feel for how whippy it felt. The blade was also odd, I couldn't shoot off it like I can with the bauers. I kept getting flob shots off the blade where I can shoot rockets in bauer blades. I couldn't get a P14 clone with the tacks so I went with hossa mostly because the others were way off of what I normally would use. The hossa reminded me of a kane kinda.. its similar but the blades just react different I guess.

I had a superfast ( which I didn't mind for shot power ) but that exploded at the blade and got the tacks as a warranty instead. probably should have got a superfast again but I was worried it would last me 3 games if that.

back to bauer I go. went and got an mx3 later that day and was back ripping shots. my tacks will be sitting in the closet lol

Ive tried a lot of sticks but im not seeing where everyone is raving about this one. The superfast is a better stick imo, but durability was junk.

if you like a whippy mid kick this is for you and probably why people say the release is good for a mid kick. If you don't lean into your shots ( like I do ) its probably decent I guess. But the Mx3 just feels like a better mid kicker.

Unfortunately, as much as I loved the Tacks stick, I will not purchase another until CCM makes a P92 clone. The RNH is horrid. I really don't see how difficult it is to make it equivalent to either the E3 or the P92 like every other company does. Thankfully, according to my rep, CCM is changing the RNH to that next year. We shall see though.

I'm going to get the tacks because of it's amazing reviews and I got to try my friends out. Should I get the p19 or p46 curve?

coffee or tea?

i guess me neither! i cant even get a solid answer on the lie for the p40, their site says 5.0, catalog 5.5, and a rep has told me its a 6 lol. it seems to play pretty well for me, having used other p88 clones in sherwood, warrior, and reebok, but its been YEARS since ive used a bauer p88 so i cant help you there =)

i guess me neither! i cant even get a solid answer on the lie for the p40, their site says 5.0, catalog 5.5, and a rep has told me its a 6 lol. it seems to play pretty well for me, having used other p88 clones in sherwood, warrior, and reebok, but its been YEARS since ive used a bauer p88 so i cant help you there =)

Nvm. Had names mixed up. The Hossa is it.

Unfortunately, as much as I loved the Tacks stick, I will not purchase another until CCM makes a P92 clone. The RNH is horrid. I really don't see how difficult it is to make it equivalent to either the E3 or the P92 like every other company does. Thankfully, according to my rep, CCM is changing the RNH to that next year. We shall see though.

What I heard from our rep is that the P19 Nugent-Hopkins will stay as is, but the Reebok P87 Crosby pattern will become an actual P92 clone for CCM, I think I remember him saying it will become the P29 or something along those lines

Does this play stiffer or same as other popular mid kicks? Have always used 75 flex in all sticks but went up to 85 recently on warrior qr1. Would have to cut a few inches off tacks so don't know how much stiffer it will feel

A little late on the response. It plays about the same as other sticks flex wise. It's a mid flex so it doesn't have that overly whippy feel some low kicks have.

Interesting feature, the 75 flex is a little shorter, I really didn't need to cut much off.

A little late on the response. It plays about the same as other sticks flex wise. It's a mid flex so it doesn't have that overly whippy feel some low kicks have.

Interesting feature, the 75 flex is a little shorter, I really didn't need to cut much off.

Remind me to try your 75 flex at WF...

Remind me to try your 75 flex at WF...

Dave, I'm not planning on bringing sticks to WF. Gonna play with house sticks. ;)