Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood T120 Stick

Same here. The EK15 was a good start for SherWood, so I have higher hopes for the T120.

I'd say the T100 was a good start in producing top-end sticks. The EK15 was what made Sher-Wood a legit competitor. I wouldn't expect the same level of improvement from EK15 to T120 as the leap from T100 to EK15, but the improvement from T100 to T120 should be considerable.

I'd say the T100 was a good start in producing top-end sticks. The EK15 was what made Sher-Wood a legit competitor. I wouldn't expect the same level of improvement from EK15 to T120 as the leap from T100 to EK15, but the improvement from T100 to T120 should be considerable.

I agree. I don't think the T120 is meant to be a higher "tier" stick than the EK15. They're both top of the line sticks but for different players. Kind of like comparing an MX3 to an APX2; both are top end sticks, just geared towards different types of players.

I wish all the stick makers would do a retro graphics for their players when they go w/ retro jersey nights.

EK15_VINTAGE_LE_INTRO_2015_EN.jpg

Well damn it! I love my EK15. But I want to pick up a T 120 to have in the arsenal. But this might be too cool to pass up. But no PP92 in the LE?

Well damn it! I love my EK15. But I want to pick up a T 120 to have in the arsenal. But this might be too cool to pass up. But no PP92 in the LE?

Only PP26 and PP88 for the EK15 Vintage. PP26 is the same as Bauer's P92. Our PP92 is a PP26/P92 curve but with a 5.0 lie.

Anyone use one of these yet?

I'm waiting for the heel curves, I really don't like the two that were initially offered.

Yes I bought one. 6'1" 235 ryan II 85 flex grip. What I have heard previously is correct, you really need to load up to shoot this stick. Primarily I think because the blade is so stout. Interestingly the first thing I noticed was the sound the puck makes coming off the blade. Loud, similar to the RBZ.

The stick feels amazing in hand, lightweight and very nicely balanced. I like the shat shape and size and the grip is not over done like so many are becoming.

My back up was an HTX. Major difference between these two sticks. HTX takes much less effort to rip wristers and snappers. You can definitely feel the HTX blade working with you on the shot where I feel like the stiffness of the T120 requires more effort to get a comparable shot. However I have also experienced a more fragile HTX blade.

I used the stick 2 nights then gave it to my kid for High School hockey here in MN. He has used it for a week. I looked at the T120 last night and it almost looks as though it just came off the shelf. Not sure how Sherwood makes the finish so durable but other manufacturers could take notes. His EK15 looked great and played great longer than any stick I have ever noticed (My pocket book notices before I do) The HTX was bought at the same time as the 120 and used less but looks like it has been through a war and been holding up tomato plants for 5 years. Within one use the material around the fuse point had chipped away which gives it the appearance as though it is broken. Further chips and finish were coming off the HTX up and down the shaft.

It seems sherwood are more prone to very slight surface scratching vs the chipping and peeling that occurs with so many other sticks.

Conclusion, feels to be another very durable strong stick with great feel. Shooting is not what I would expect for a $220 stick but if you are looking for something to last and play light and feel great this will fill the bill.

I can tell you that the 120 85 flex seems much stiffer than the HTX because that is what I was comparing it too. The htx blade flex was very evident though. The 120 blade has literally NO flex.

I would say from a durability standpoint yes, Sherwood blade will be a work horse. The HTX seemed to shoot better. Easier load and accuracy. More velocity with less effort BUT don't get used to it because that blade is fragile.

"Shooting is not what I would expect for a $220 stick but if you are looking for something to last and play light and feel great this will fill the bill."

Being a mid kick point, aren't those better for bigger, harder shots like slap shots as opposed to loading up for wrist shots?

can anyone comment on how these sticks load and feel compared to the Supreme line from Bauer? I'm very interested and prefer mid kicks over low kick sticks.

I feel my T90 takes a little more effort to load than my total one. IMO it plays much stiffer.

How do the T100/T120 compare to the nexon N12? I absolutely love mine, but the blade is getting pretty damn soft and I'll be needing an upgrade soonish.

Probably not a very good comparison. The N12 has a different kick point, shaft dimensions, etc. the Nexon series turned into the EK series so your more likely to find your match there

saw these in person today, really cool

kinda weird to see a "wood looking" stick, pick it up and its so light and grippy

busted my T90 already and almost pulled the trigger on one of these but went another direction instead

The release date for the T120 in JR size keeps getting pushed back. Does anyone know when it will be released in Canada? Want to know if it's before Christmas (If not I'll just get him a True A6.0). Thanks!!