Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andymac1324

Large Re-Akt cage with a medium Re-akt helmet

My beer league is forcing all players to wear cages this fall and I've got a couple questions.

I bought a medium ReAkt helmet last winter which came with a medium cage. The cage itself was much too small so I exchanged it for a large in the event I ever wanted to try a cage. When I secure the cage it sits outside the J hooks (too wide). do some people add spacers to the J hooks to help with the added width? any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Few options. Pushing in will work if you want to snap the cage in tight. But not your best choice .

Thin round visor spacers would definitely push the j clips a bit further out.

Metal j clips can be bent out a bit, if you find some, just keep a lip to catch the cage.

But in all honesty, if you are playing men's league , have no intention of face planting or getting sucker punched in the jaw any time soon, the j clips are over rated. They are designed to stop the cage from coming in to far and breaking your jaw in the event of a impact. Yes they help. But if you don't plan on any of that happening , don't sweat it and just go without

Thank you both for the advice. I've had the cage in a "quik grip" thing to push it together, seems to have worked some but still not enough. I'm heading to my LHS today to see if they have any ideas. Spacers seem like a good way to go.

My son has a small Re-Akt helmet with a medium Re-Akt cage. I have to 'tuck' the cage inside the j-clips (basically forcing the helmet to stretch/widen out a tiny bit) and works just fine. I never attempted to bend the cage to fit the clips but with enough force, the titanium cage would surely bend enough to fit...

I am having a similar issue at the moment, except I have a large Bauer hybrid shield on a medium IMS 9.0. I actually bought both medium and large hybrid shields to see which one would fit better, and neither of them fit in the J clips on the IMS 9.0. I play men's league also, so I don't feel like it will be a problem. Having the old Bauer hybrid shield (Combo Deluxe 920), their new design is definitely a lot wider than I expected. The issues I had with the old shield were that it was too narrow, and now the new shield is too wide. Almost makes me want to wear a half shield instead.

I have a large Re-Akt cage on a medium IMS9.0 helmet, and while the fit isn't perfect, if I guide the cage into the J-clips, it fits fine and just barely pulls the temples of the helmet out. I'm thinking with some nylon spacers under the J-Clips, the cage would fit perfectly.

Initially I put the cage in a quik grip thing. This worked a little, but for the most part the cage would simply snap back into place after I released the grip. As mentioned above, simply giving the cage a few good squeezes was much more effective. It now fits perfectly, trying it out tonight!

This is probably a dumb question, but that wouldn't work with a hybrid would it? I can actually bend the shield/cage inwards slightly to make it fit, and it does pull out the temple area a bit. My worry is cracking the shield.