Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tburns517

Bauer Hybrid Shield too wide for Bauer IMS 9.0

As the title states, the Bauer Hybrid Shield I bought is too wide for my IMS 9.0 helmet. Here's the thing, the helmet is a size medium, and I bought both the medium and large hybrid shields to try on the helmet, and both ended up being too wide for the J clips. I was trying to make some modifications to the clips to make them stick out a bit more by using washers, but it is still an issue because when I do get the helmet into the J clips, it stretches the width of the helmet, making it too wide for my head. I was wondering if it would be possible to bend the cage permanently which would also bend the shield a little, considering that is how I get them into the J clips anyway. Would this damage the shield or force it to crack over time? I need to make up about a half inch in order for it to fit. I would use the shield without the J clips, but it just doesn't feel secure. The shield is a size large, but like I stated, the medium size didn't make a difference, so I went with the bigger size because it fit me better. Any suggestions?

WOOOOOWWW!!

3 year thread bump TO THE DATE! Not even lying, I am having this exact problem but with the Tron S920 & a Warrior PX2 helmet.

How did you resolve this? I was thinking about trying washers too. 

CRAZY coincidence LOL!!