Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zjack38

The NFL haha

So this week,the whole Ray Rice thing happened, Adrian Peterson is out this Sunday because of child abuse, and James Hardy beat his wife a couple of weeks ago too.

I mean how many times can the same thing happen? Lol

On the bright side of things, Josh Gordon got his suspension reduced to 10 games

I have a hard time finding humor in the allegations. Hockey has more than its share of legal issues as well, there's no reason to look down on the NFL. The issue of spoiled athletes thinking that they can get away with anything they want is universal.

With 32 teams of 53 players you are bound to have a few guys who do bad things just based on percentages. What about the other 1,500 guys who live normal lives?

In my opinion, how the NFL has handled the situations has been a disgrace. The lack of punishment in their personal conduct policies regarding domestic abuse is laughable. They give Rice two games because he drug his unconscious fiancée out of an elevator, then switch it to indefinitely after they realize that he punched her in the face? How else is she going to be knocked unconscious in an elevator with one other person? Details are coming out saying that the NFL saw the in-elevator video at the same time as the first video that was released. Link.

I have a hard time finding humor in the allegations. Hockey has more than its share of legal issues as well, there's no reason to look down on the NFL. The issue of spoiled athletes thinking that they can get away with anything they want is universal.

I don't find humor in the allegations, I find humor in how the NFL handled the situation, and how all the news broke out in the same week, I mean I've never heard of one league have this much happen in one week.

I don't find humor in the allegations, I find humor in how the NFL handled the situation, and how all the news broke out in the same week, I mean I've never heard of one league have this much happen in one week.

The NFL did what they've always done and this time the media decided to make a big deal out of it. The story has a lot more to do with how the media can drive public opinion and how people love to be outraged than it does with anything else. There have been plenty of times in the past where there have been more problems come to light.

If the NFL didn't have the in-elevator video (that is another question altogether) then what they had to go on didn't tell the whole story. Add to that both parties being charged with misdemeanors and the prosecutor letting Rice off the hook and what was the NFL supposed to do? I find it funny how everyone is screaming about the NFL treatment of the situation but nobody is questioning the prosecutor's decisions.

At this point we all know what money can buy you in a court of law. So calling for the prosecutor to drop the hammer is an unreasonable expectation. If you think about it, if the hotel gave them one camera angle, I find it unbelievable that they wouldn't provide the in - elevator camera at the same time. In the article I posted it states that a leak within the NFL claimed that they had access to both cameras, but chose to ignore the camera footage that wasn't made public. If TMZ can get access to it, how could I expect the NFL to get stonewalled? A tabloid wouldn't have nearly the amount of pull the NFL does.

If the NFL didn't have the in-elevator video (that is another question altogether) then what they had to go on didn't tell the whole story. Add to that both parties being charged with misdemeanors and the prosecutor letting Rice off the hook and what was the NFL supposed to do? I find it funny how everyone is screaming about the NFL treatment of the situation but nobody is questioning the prosecutor's decisions.

The prosecutor did not let Rice off the hook...

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/ray_rice_video_atlantic_city_prosecutor_breaks_silence_explains_why_jail_wasnt_option.html

You don't hear any other leagues having this many issues in one week because the NFL has at least twice the amount of players as any other professional league, if not more, and because the NFL has the prime of exposure media wise. The question of wether or not the NFL did enough in the ray rice case should be moot, he should be in jail. Man was potentially inches from murder. The main failure is in the legal system

At this point we all know what money can buy you in a court of law. So calling for the prosecutor to drop the hammer is an unreasonable expectation. If you think about it, if the hotel gave them one camera angle, I find it unbelievable that they wouldn't provide the in - elevator camera at the same time. In the article I posted it states that a leak within the NFL claimed that they had access to both cameras, but chose to ignore the camera footage that wasn't made public. If TMZ can get access to it, how could I expect the NFL to get stonewalled? A tabloid wouldn't have nearly the amount of pull the NFL does.

But a tabloid has no problem gaining access through less than honorable means. As for the NFL leak, until a name is attached to either the leak or the law enforcement official who supposedly provided the tape without authorization, well, I'm waiting for some evidence stronger than heresay.

In the state of New Jersey, IF Rice was an average joe, a third degree aggravated assault charge carries a 3-5 year prison term and a $15,000 fine if convicted. I have a feeling that a pre trial intervention wouldn't be the court's primary course of action if Rice didn't have the NFL's team of lawyers at his disposal.

But a tabloid has no problem gaining access through less than honorable means. As for the NFL leak, until a name is attached to either the leak or the law enforcement official who supposedly provided the tape without authorization, well, I'm waiting for some evidence stronger than heresay.

Fair enough. I just don't have enough faith in a multibillion dollar conglomerate like the NFL to give them the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

With 32 teams of 53 players you are bound to have a few guys who do bad things just based on percentages. What about the other 1,500 guys who live normal lives?

It is very unfortunate how many players are tainted by association with a few who do horrible things.

It would be interesting to see if the actual rate of violence involving NFL players is different than the normal population. There are a number of studies out there that I found with a quick search and the consolidated message seems to be that it isn't and in fact it might be lower in the NFL. But the quality of legal representation for an NFL player is going to be significantly better than the average person. I think that could bias the numbers pretty significantly. And some would say our courts have different standards for celebrities as well.

Was watching the game last night, Tampa is getting blown away and Atlanta acts like every mediocre tackle or reception was the game saving play. Drives me nuts, show some humility and respect for the other team or at least for the game. That is one thing I have grown to dislike about the NFL and NBA. I remember when a player would make a real crucial play and just get up and get back to the team; no stopping, dancing, chest pounding BS. Jim Brown or Larry Czonka would run with half a team on their back and just get up and get ready to do it again. Jack Ham or Mike Singletary would make a hard earned sack or interception, same thing, no antics. It's all about "look at me" instead of team first.

Back up running back with the Cardinals was arrested or is being tried or something for assault as well. I think his last name is Dwyer.

saw it on nfl.com yesterday