Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eagles76

Warrior Dynasty SR shaft for tapered blades?

I just recently bought a Warrior Dynasty SR shaft (75 Flex) for tapered blades, and was under the impression that the shaft is designed to fit all tapered blades. For some reason this does not fit the Easton Synthesis II tapered blades. It seems like the shaft's opening is too small for the short hosel tapered blades to fit. I have tried several other tapered blades with the same results.

Does anyone else have a similar issue with the Warrior Dynasty SR shaft fitting the tapered blades?

Traditionally, most manufacturers only guarantee that their blades will work with their shafts. The reasons for making that statement are obvious from a marketing/sales standpoint, but it also serves a purpose from a design standpoint; a manufacturer designs their shaft to be compatible with their blades. Although most tapered blades will work with the Dynasty shaft, Warrior is not responsible for designing a product that is compatible with all blades.

With that said, I own a Dynasty and have not had this problem. I have successfully used Warrior, Reebok, and CCM blades in the 2+ years that I have owned it. Perhaps it's a manufacturer defect? If so, hopefully you're still within the warranty period.

Own the same shaft as OP, had same problem with blades from Easton and True Temper. Eventually I got my blades in with a serious amount of heating.

Zach

I also have a few original Dynasty shafts. I currently have TPS and Reebok pro stock blades in them. The Reebok blade was a pretty tight fit, but the TPS wasn't bad. I haven't tried any Easton blades.

I'll agree with previous posters, some manufacturers have tweaked their shaft/blade size so only their blades fit. I understand why they'd do that, but it's shady, IMO.

I had the first two Dolo shafts, blue/orange logo and the dragon logo. The other companies blades that I used, Easton and Harrow, were both tight fits. I could make them fit, but it took some tapping the buttend of the shaft on the ground to get the tenon all they way in and flush.

Are you using a hot air gun, or just a hair dryer? In my experience, most hair dryers don't get hot enough to fully melt the glue, or make the shaft hot enough to accept the blade properly.

If you do get a blade in, and then want to take it out later, I often had to take off the buttend tape, then shove rebar down the shaft to help push the blade out.

I have always found Warrior shafts don't play nicely with other companies blades unfortunately, much more so than their competitors.