Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2014 Suspension Thread

A lot of fans here in Philly hold onto the archaic way of hockey played by the Broad Street Bullies. It all starts with Ed. And it's no surprise that the Flyers haven't won a Stanley Cup in 41 seasons. I guess seeing guys like Rinaldo stir the pot is more important to those filling the buckets at the Center.

That was a clean hit, now if Rinaldo hit more like that there would be less problems, but he has to go after a predatory hit with no other intention than to hurt the other player. I have always said that it's BS when you have to defend yourself after making a good, clean hit but I think that is also part of not allowing the players enforce the game properly. Players can and do wear cages, they usually have to after someone head shots them and they suffer a broken jaw or orbital bone. I don't think the NHLPA would agree to neck guards. It took along time to get visors made mandatory and you don't see to many throats cut. Football helmets are a little more protective because there is a lot more head contact from incidental contact in every play. Even as burly as they are there are still concussion issues. Most chest protectors have dual sternum protection. Yes sometimes people are injured and some have died from taking a shot to the heart but it is few and far between and many times there is an underlying heart issue.

I agree - he was gliding in (not charging) and it looked like he was going for a shoulder check when Gonchar started to turn back. It's a checking from behind or boarding penalty, but definitely not suspension worthy. As a Habs fan I hope Gonchar is OK, but I don't think Clarkson was out there looking to hurt him.

Gonchar kicked the puck toward the boards and was chasing it. It appeared he was looking down to find it and perhaps turn back when Clarkson made the hit. I'm not sure if Gonchar touched it again after kicking it toward the boards, but even if he didn't, it's still not something that deserves a suspension. A penalty, sure, but not a suspension.

I think the NHL video is inaccurate, Fraser's head does come down and turn into Kadri at the time of impact. Personally, I would like to see guys come in and steal the puck instead of just trying to hit someone in those situations.

Not a suspension but Subban fined again for diving. There really should be a point where so many warnings and fines for diving results in a suspension.

I'm a Hawks fan but hits like Shw's on Jackman should warrant a suspension. It's sad to see that all of the positive momentum on safety and rules enforcement that came into effect after the lockout has been completely eroded.

I'm a Hawks fan but hits like Shw's on Jackman should warrant a suspension. It's sad to see that all of the positive momentum on safety and rules enforcement that came into effect after the lockout has been completely eroded.

100% agree. not only did he launch himself at Jackman but where his skates came down were VERY close to Jackman's neck and head area. I like Shaw but that hit was WAY over the line.